The Resident (season 2)
|The Resident (season 2)|
|Country of origin||United States|
|No. of episodes||10|
|Original release||January 21, 2018|
The second season of the American television medical drama The Resident was announced on May 7, 2018 and began airing on September 24, 2018. The season was originally picked up for 13 episodes, however on October 10, 2018, it was picked up for a full season of 22 episodes. episodes and is produced by Fuqua Films, 3 Arts Entertainment, Nickels Productions, Up Island Films and 20th Century Fox Television.
The regular cast features Matt Czuchry, Emily VanCamp, Manish Dayal, Shaunette Renée Wilson and Bruce Greenwood from the previous season, Glenn Morshower and Malcolm-Jamal Warner are promoted to series regulars after guest starring in the previous season and Jane Leeves joins the regular cast. Melina Kanakaredes, Moran Atias and Merrin Dungey are no longer series regulars however, Kanakaredes returns as a special guest star and Atias and Dungey does not return in any capacity.
Cast[edit | edit source]
Main[edit | edit source]
- Matt Czuchry as Conrad Hawkins
- Emily VanCamp as Nicolette "Nic" Nevin
- Manish Dayal as Devon Pravesh
- Shaunette Renée Wilson as Mina Okafor
- Glenn Morshower as Marshall Winthrop
- Malcolm-Jamal Warner as AJ "The Raptor" Austin
- Bruce Greenwood as Randolph Bell
- Jane Leeves as Kitt Voss [lower-alpha 1]
- Jane Leeves appears as a regular from 2x04.
Special guest stars[edit | edit source]
Recurring[edit | edit source]
- Tasie Lawrence as Priya Nair
- Tasso Feldman as Irving Feldman
- Jessica Miesel as Jessica Moore
- Patrick R. Walker as Micah Stevens
- Steven Reddington as Bradley Jenkins
- Catherine Dyer as Alexis Stevens
- Vince Foster as Paul Chu
- Denitra Isler as Nurse Hundley
- Michael Weston as Gordon Page
- Julianna Guill as Jessie Nevin
- Daniella Alonso as Zoey Barnett
- Evan Whitten as Henry Barnett
- Miles Gaston Villanueva as Alec Shaw
Episodes[edit | edit source]
|Title||Directed by||Written by||Original air date||Prod.|
|15||1||"00:42:30"||Rob Corn||Todd Harthan & Elizabeth J.B. Klaviter||September 24, 2018||2LAP01||4.88|
|A blackout requires the staff to treat their patients without the help of any technology; Bell orders the staff to stop accepting new patients; Conrad and Devon go against the mandate to help a child; Mina and Austin must perform heart surgery.|
|16||2||"The Prince & The Pauper"||Nicole Rubio||Amy Holden Jones & Andrew Chapman||October 1, 2018||2LAP02||4.88|
|Bell grows frustrated when Conrad's dad and new chairman of the board requests Conrad's input in his discussions about hospital expenses; a sharp and sophisticated medical device representative tries to promote her costly products.|
|17||3||"Three Words"||Paul McCrane||Marqui Jackson||October 8, 2018||2LAP03||4.92|
|Nic and Conrad diagnose a happy husband and wife who are both admitted to the hospital with mysterious symptoms; Bell and Marshall butt heads on a work trip; A.J. turns down a request from Bell despite Mina's forewarning.|
|18||4||"About Time"||Geary McLeod||Marc Halsey||October 15, 2018||2LAP04||4.68|
|Chastain is flooded with concertgoers when a stampede at a music festival leaves many in need of doctors; Bell stirs the pot when the hospital's revered orthopedic surgeon demands a better resident.|
|19||5||"The Germ"||Jann Turner||Jen Klein & Elizabeth J.B. Klaviter||October 22, 2018||2LAP05||4.78|
|Bell decides to use a new medical device company rather than the hospital's usual products; Kit and AJ must stop their feuding to team up against him; Conrad and Nic work to make a child's dreams come true after finding out his cancer has returned.|
|20||6||"Nightmares"||David Crabtree||Todd Harthan & Andrew Chapman||October 29, 2018||2LAP06||4.97|
|Conrad must diagnose a young woman who gets admitted after having extreme night terrors; Devon faces his first Halloween in the emergency room; Nic panics over her decision to bring her newly sober sister to Mina's epic annual Halloween party.|
|21||7||"Trial & Error"||Rob Greenlea||Chris Bessounian & Tianna Majumdar-Langham||November 5, 2018||2LAP07||4.93|
|When drug trial patients start suffering life-threatening side effects, Nic fears that her sister Jessie may be in danger; Nic and Conrad try to convince Bell that the trials are not worth the risk; Devon uses Julian to test a product he's designed.|
|22||8||"Heart in a Box"||James Whitmore Jr.||Marqui Jackson & Joshua Troke||November 19, 2018||2LAP08||4.41|
|Conrad goes head-to-head with Bell after he recommends a risky medical device; Nic fears Conrad is getting overly attached to a patient; Mina and Austin grow closer while working on a difficult heart transplant; Devon embarks on a very difficult day.|
|23||9||"The Dance"||Rob Corn||Amy Holden Jones & Andrew Chapman||November 26, 2018||2LAP09||5.09|
|Devon's doubts about his relationship reach a peak as his friends and family gather for his big wedding day; as Chastain's medical device company continues to succeed, Julian makes a discovery that leaves her uneasy about her involvement in it. Conrad continues to grow closer to his father who suffers a severe medical complication, leaving his life hanging in the balance.|
|24||10||"After the Fall"||Edward Ornelas||Marc Halsey & Jen Klein||January 14, 2019||2LAP10||5.51|
|25||11||"Operator Error"||TBA||TBA||January 21, 2019||2LAP11||N/A|
|26||12||"Fear Finds a Way"||TBA||TBA||January 28, 2019||2LAP12||N/A|
|27||13||"Virtually Impossible"||Valerie Weiss||Amy Holden Jones & Eric I. Lu||February 4, 2019||2LAP13||N/A|
Ratings[edit | edit source]
|1||"00:42:30"||September 24, 2018||1.1/5||4.88||0.6||2.86||1.7||7.74|
|2||"The Prince & The Pauper"||October 1, 2018||1.0/5||4.88||0.7||2.77||1.7||7.65|
|3||"Three Words"||October 8, 2018||1.0/5||4.92||0.6||2.70||1.6||7.62|
|4||"About Time"||October 15, 2018||1.0/5||4.68||0.7||2.75||1.7||7.44|
|5||"The Germ"||October 22, 2018||1.0/5||4.78||0.6||2.72||1.6||7.51|
|6||"Nightmares"||October 29, 2018||1.0/5||4.97||0.6||2.56||1.6||7.53|
|7||"Trial & Error"||November 5, 2018||1.0/4||4.93||0.6||2.79||1.6||7.73|
|8||"Heart in a Box"||November 19, 2018||0.9/4||4.41||0.7||2.83||1.6||7.24|
|9||"The Dance"||November 26, 2018||0.9/4||5.09||0.6||2.46||1.5||7.55|
|10||"After the Fall"||January 14, 2019||TBD||TBD||TBD||TBD||TBD||TBD|
|11||"Operator Error"||January 21, 2019||TBD||TBD||TBD||TBD||TBD||TBD|
|12||"Fear Finds a Way"||January 28, 2019||TBD||TBD||TBD||TBD||TBD||TBD|
|13||"Virtually Impossible"||February 4, 2019||TBD||TBD||TBD||TBD||TBD||TBD|
References[edit | edit source]
- "FOX Orders Nine Additional Episodes of "The Resident"". The Futon Critic. October 10, 2018. Retrieved October 10, 2018.
- Welch, Alex (September 25, 2018). "'The Big Bang Theory' adjusts up, 'The Good Doctor' adjusts down: Monday final ratings". TV by the Numbers. Retrieved September 25, 2018.
- Welch, Alex (October 2, 2018). "'The Voice' adjusts up, 'The Good Doctor' and 'Dancing with the Stars' adjust down: Monday final ratings". TV by the Numbers. Retrieved October 2, 2018.
- Welch, Alex (October 9, 2018). "'Bull' and 'The Resident' adjust up, 'Manifest' and 'The Voice' adjust down: Monday final ratings". TV by the Numbers. Retrieved October 9, 2018.
- Welch, Alex (October 16, 2018). "'Magnum P.I.' and 'Bull' adjust up, 'Dancing with the Stars' adjusts down: Monday final ratings". TV by the Numbers. Retrieved October 16, 2018.
- Welch, Alex (October 23, 2018). "'Happy Together' adjusts up, 'Dancing with the Stars' adjusts down: Monday final ratings". TV by the Numbers. Retrieved October 23, 2018.
- Welch, Alex (October 30, 2018). "'Happy Together' adjusts up, 'Dancing with the Stars' and 'The Good Doctor' adjust down: Monday final ratings". TV by the Numbers. Retrieved October 30, 2018.
- Welch, Alex (November 6, 2018). "'Manifest,' 'The Good Doctor,' and 'Dancing with the Stars' adjust down: Monday final ratings". TV by the Numbers. Retrieved November 6, 2018.
- Welch, Alex (November 20, 2018). "'Dancing with the Stars' and 'The Good Doctor' adjust down: Monday final ratings". TV by the Numbers. Retrieved November 20, 2018.
- Welch, Alex (November 28, 2018). "'Great Christmas Light Fight' and 'The Good Doctor' adjust down: Monday final ratings". TV by the Numbers. Retrieved November 28, 2018.
- Welch, Alex (January 15, 2019). "'The Bachelor,' 'The Neighborhood,' 'Magnum P.I.' adjust up, 'Bull' adjusts down: Monday final ratings". TV by the Numbers. Retrieved January 15, 2019.
- "(RES-211) "Operator Error"". The Futon Critic. Retrieved January 3, 2019.
- "Fox Press Releases - Week of Jan 27 - Feb 3". Fox Flash. Retrieved January 10, 2019.
- "Eric I. Lu Twitter". Twitter. Retrieved January 10, 2019.
- Pucci, Douglas (October 10, 2018). "Live+7 Weekly Ratings: 'Manifest' is Most-Watched NBC Drama Series Premiere in 19 Years". Programming Insider. Retrieved October 10, 2018.
- Pucci, Douglas (October 16, 2018). "Live+7 Weekly Ratings: Long-running Stalwarts 'The Big Bang Theory' and 'Modern Family' Lead All Network Comedies in Adults 18-49 Gains". Programming Insider. Retrieved October 16, 2018.
- Otterson, Joe (October 23, 2018). "Live+7 Ratings for Week of Oct. 8: 'Manifest' Doubles In Week 3". Variety. Retrieved October 23, 2018.
- Pucci, Douglas (October 30, 2018). "Live+7 Weekly Ratings: 'The Rookie' Debut on ABC Ranks in Top Ten for Raw Viewer Gains". Programming Insider. Retrieved October 30, 2018.
- Otterson, Joe (November 12, 2018). "Live+7 Ratings for Week of Oct. 22: Manifest Averaging 106% Growth". Variety. Retrieved November 12, 2018.
- Pucci, Douglas (November 13, 2018). "Live+7 Weekly Ratings: ABC Drama 'A Million Little Things' Leads in Adults 18-49 Percentage Gains for the Second Time This Season". Programming Insider. Retrieved November 13, 2018.
- Pucci, Douglas (November 21, 2018). "Live+7 Weekly Ratings: 'Manifest' on NBC Leads All Gains for the Week". Programming Insider. Retrieved November 28, 2018.
- Pucci, Douglas (December 4, 2018). "Live+7 Weekly Ratings: 'A Charlie Brown Thanksgiving' on ABC Tops Holiday Specials for the Week in Overall Gains". Programming Insider. Retrieved December 5, 2018.
- Pucci, Douglas (December 11, 2018). "Live+7 Weekly Ratings: 'Olaf's Frozen Adventure' Earns More Gains Than 'Rudolph the Red-Nosed Reindeer'". Programming Insider. Retrieved December 12, 2018.
Others articles of the Topics Television AND United States : List of diagnoses from House (TV series), Technodrome, Hawkeye (2021 TV series), List of The Love Boat guest stars, Ms. Marvel (TV series), She-Hulk (TV series), Ghost Rider (TV series)
Others articles of the Topic Television : List of Doctor Who planets, Carl Brutananadilewski, List of diagnoses from House (TV series), Trishna Mukherjee, Star Trek Movie Memories, Master Shake, Clifford the Big Red Dog (2019 TV series)
Others articles of the Topic United States : Craig Huey, White Americans, The Portland Black Panthers: Empowering Albina and Remaking a City, United Stater, Kansas City, Missouri, Ari Mannis, Feminists: What Were They Thinking?
Category:2010s American drama television series Category:English-language television programs Category:2010s American medical television series Category:Television shows set in Atlanta Category:Fox Broadcasting Company original programming Category:Television series by 3 Arts Entertainment Category:Television series by 20th Century Fox Television
This article "The Resident (season 2)" is from Wikipedia. The list of its authors can be seen in its historical and/or the page Edithistory:The Resident (season 2). Articles copied from Draft Namespace on Wikipedia could be seen on the Draft Namespace of Wikipedia and not main one.