Did you know a wiki could be used internally in your company ? For better knowledge management and internal communication. Less email and office files. 30 days free trial. (Ad)
The SpongeBob Movie: It's a Wonderful Sponge
|The SpongeBob Movie: It’s a Wonderful Sponge|
|Directed by||Tim Hill|
|Screenplay by||Jonathan Aibel|
|Based on||SpongeBob SquarePants|
by Stephen Hillenburg
|Music by||Hans Zimmer|
United Plankton Pictures
|Distributed by||Paramount Pictures|
The SpongeBob Movie: It’s a Wonderful Sponge, also known as SpongeBob SquarePants 3, is an upcoming computer-animated comedy film based on the Nickelodeon series SpongeBob SquarePants, being the third one in the SpongeBob SquarePants film series. The film, directed by Tim Hill from a screenplay by Michael Kvamme, Jonathan Aibel and Glenn Berger, will be produced by Nickelodeon Movies and Paramount Animation and is set for release on July 17, 2020 by Paramount Pictures.
The film serves as a prequel to the series and is set in a summer camp, Camp Coral, and shows how a young SpongeBob met his friends.
- Tom Kenny as SpongeBob SquarePants and Gary the Snail
- Bill Fagerbakke as Patrick Star
- Clancy Brown as Eugene H. Krabs
- Mr. Lawrence as Sheldon J. Plankton
- Rodger Bumpass as Squidward Tentacles
- Carolyn Lawrence as Sandy Cheeks
- Jill Talley as Karen
- Mary Jo Catlett as Mrs. Puff
- Lori Alan as Pearl Krabs
In a February 2015 interview discussing The SpongeBob Movie: Sponge Out of Water's success at the box office, Megan Colligan, now-former president of worldwide distribution and marketing at Paramount, stated the possibility of a third film was "a good bet." In another interview, Paramount vice-chairman Rob Moore remarked, "Hopefully, it won't take 10 years to make another film." Later in 2015, it was revealed that Paramount is in the works developing sequels, which includes this movie.
On Vincent Waller's Twitter account (who would usually confirm new SpongeBob episodes), he confirmed that the movie was in pre-production, and that former SpongeBob SquarePants showrunner Paul Tibbitt will return as director, as well as confirming that mixing 2D animation with CGI is expensive. He also confirmed that most of the show's crew may nessicarily not be working on the movie, which includes himself.
Paramount president Marc Evans announced that, during Comic-Con, the studio will work closely with Viacom's TV brands, most notably Nickelodeon, which includes this movie.
On March 28, 2017, Yahoo! Movies posted on its Twitter account that the film was given the title The SpongeBob Movie and pushed its release date back to August 2, 2019.
On December 17 of the same year, Paramount delayed the release of SpongeBob 3 until July 31, 2020.
In April 2018, the film's official name was revealed, and Tim Hill was hired to direct. The principal cast—Tom Kenny, Bill Fagerbakke, Clancy Brown, Mr. Lawrence, Rodger Bumpass, Carolyn Lawrence, Jill Talley, Mary Jo Catlett, and Lori Alan—are all expected to reprise the roles as their respective characters.
At the VIEW Conference in Turin, Italy, Paramount Animation president Mireille Soria announced that the film will be an origin story of SpongeBob meeting his friends for the first time at Camp Coral, and the film will use full CGI animation provided by Mikros Image for the underwater sequences, a first for the film series. Hans Zimmer was also announced as the new composer for the film.
The SpongeBob Movie: It’s a Wonderful Sponge is scheduled to be released on July 17, 2020 by Paramount Pictures.
Prior to that, Waller announced that the film "should be in 2017" and then may "land in 2018". The film was pushed multiple times, to February 8, 2019, August 2, 2019 ( originally to commemorate the show's 20th anniversary), July 31, 2020, and finally July 22, 2020, before being delayed to its current release date.
- "Paramount Teases Nickelodeon-Based Feature Toon Lineup Including 'The Loud House'". Deadline.com. March 28, 2017. Retrieved October 24, 2017.
- Cunningham, Todd (February 9, 2015). "'SpongeBob' Soaks Up $55 Million to Swamp 'Jupiter Ascending,' 'Seventh Son' at Box Office". The Wrap. Retrieved February 18, 2018.
- "Box Office: 'SpongeBob' Capsizes 'Jupiter Ascending,' 'Seventh Son' With $56M". The Hollywood Reporter. February 8, 2015.
- Bramesco, Charles (November 11, 2015). "Paramount Lays Plans 'SpongeBob SquarePants 3' And More Animated Films". ScreenCrush. Retrieved November 13, 2018.
- @Viacom (April 30, 2015). "@ParamountPics is in development on sequels to existing franchises: @WorldWarZMovie, @JackReacher & @SpongeBobMovie - TD" (Tweet) – via Twitter.
- Waller, Vincent [@VincentWaller72] (October 3, 2016). "I'm not. But yes, there is a 3rd SB movie in the works at Paramount" (Tweet) – via Twitter.
- Waller, Vincent [@VincentWaller72] (August 7, 2015). "@CraaaaazyCanuck Yes he is" (Tweet) – via Twitter.
- Waller, Vincent [@VincentWaller72] (November 11, 2015). "@johnny_marrero There will be both I'm sure, but mostly 2d, unless something has changed since Mr.tibbitt and i spoke last" (Tweet) – via Twitter.
- Waller, Vincent [@VincentWaller72] (August 14, 2015). "@masondavis2009 @espenkj3 Not this time. The crew is staying on the series" (Tweet) – via Twitter.
- @Nickelodeon (September 11, 2015). "You'll never guess who's guest starring on SpongeBob next season!" (Tweet) – via Twitter.
- Yahoo Entertainment [@YahooEnt] (March 29, 2017). "Paramount confirms new SpongeBob movie for 2019, will be called... "The SpongeBob Movie." #Cinemacon" (Tweet) – via Twitter.
- McNary, Dave (December 19, 2017). "'The SpongeBob Movie' Release Pushed Back to 2020". Variety. Retrieved December 27, 2017.
- Donnelly, Matt (April 25, 2018). "Paramount Animation Sets Three New Films, Including 'SpongeBob' Sequel". The Wrap. Retrieved April 26, 2018.
- Giardina, Carolyn (April 25, 2018). "Paramount Grows Its Animation Slate With 'Monster on the Hill,' 'Luck'". The Hollywood Reporter. Retrieved April 26, 2018.
- Anderton, Ethan (April 26, 2018). "Paramount Animation Announces SpongeBob Sequel 'It's a Wonderful Sponge', Two More Animated Movies". /Film. Peter Sciretta. Retrieved July 27, 2018.
- "Projects | Mikros image Animation".
- Amidi, Amid (October 23, 2018). "'The SpongeBob Movie: It's a Wonderful Sponge' Will Be An Origin Story". Cartoon Brew. Retrieved October 23, 2018.
- D'Alessandro, Anthony (July 24, 2018). "Paramount's 'The SpongeBob Movie' To Soak Up Mid-July 2020". Deadline. Retrieved July 24, 2018.
This article "The SpongeBob Movie: It's a Wonderful Sponge" is from Wikipedia. The list of its authors can be seen in its historical and/or the page Edithistory:The SpongeBob Movie: It's a Wonderful Sponge. Articles copied from Draft Namespace on Wikipedia could be seen on the Draft Namespace of Wikipedia and not main one.