The Summit Lighthouse
The Summit Lighthouse is an international spiritual organization founded on August 7, 1958, in Washington, D.C., by Mark L. Prophet. Today it is the outreach arm of Church Universal and Triumphant, founded in 1975 by Prophet's wife Elizabeth Clare Prophet. The stated mission of The Summit Lighthouse is to "publish and apply the teachings of the ascended masters as taught by Mark and Elizabeth Clare Prophet." Ascended masters are believed to be individuals who have lived in physical bodies, acquired the Wisdom and Mastery needed to become Immortal and Free of the cycles of "re-embodiment" and karma, and attained their "Ascension". The "Ascension" is considered to be the complete permanent union of the purified inner self with the "I AM" Presence - an identity that is the unique Individualization of God of each person.
The Lighthouse was founded in 1958 by Mark Prophet, along with the Press and Fraternity. The Church was incorporated in 1975 by his wife Elizabeth, and has since become the public face of the organization.
The group believes that their messengers are the continuation of prophetic dispensation from God. They gained media notoriety when Elizabeth Clare Prophet made predictions of an impending nuclear holocaust that was prophesied to occur on April 23, 1990. When these predictions failed to come true, she reiterated her statements of impending doom, stating to her congregation: "We need your sacrifice. The world is about to fail. I don't know where the bombs are coming from. But we must be ready." The group had stockpiled their shelter with military-grade weaponry, and members of the organization were later arrested on federal weapons charges. After Prophet was diagnosed with epilepsy and Alzheimer's disease, the group's leadership tried to draw the focus of its work away from doomsday predictions.
The Summit Lighthouse is part of an organizational structure that includes:
- Summit University Press, publishing books, audio and video on spirituality and personal growth.
- Church Universal and Triumphant, founded in 1975 by Elizabeth Clare Prophet. Branches of the church are in cities across the globe. The Lighthouse is headquartered in Gardiner, Montana, USA.
- Summit University, offering online courses for personal growth, spiritual retreats, and seminars.
- Keepers of the Flame Fraternity, a non-profit fraternity based in D.C.
Summit University Press
The goal of Summit University Press is to make the Teachings of the Ascended Masters, as delivered through the messengers Mark L. Prophet and Elizabeth Clare Prophet, available to all seekers. They have published many books over the years. Among them are:
- The Shakespeare Code (July 2006)
- Maitreya on Initiation (July 2006)
- The Age of the Divine Mother (July 2006)
- The Path to Immortality (January 2006)
- Mary Magdalene and the Divine Feminine (September 2005)
- Paths of Light and Darkness (January 2005)
- Everything is Energy (July 2005)
- The Masters and Their Retreats
- The Chela and the Path
- Climb the Highest Mountain
- The Science of the Spoken Word
- The Human Aura
- Walking with the Master
- The Creative Power of Sound: Affirmations to Create, Heal and Transform
- How to Work with Angels
- Soul Mates and Twin Flames: The Spiritual Dimension of Love and Relationships
- Creative Abundance: Keys to Spiritual and Material Prosperity
- Access the Power of Your Higher Self
- Violet Flame to Heal Body, Mind and Soul
- Wanting to be Born: The Cry of the Soul
- Wanting to Live: Overcoming the Seduction of Suicide
- Alchemy of the Heart
- Church Universal and Triumphant
- Ascended Master Teachings
- Great White Brotherhood
- Legends of Mount Shasta
- Master Jesus
- Saint Germain Foundation
- Seven rays
- Subpersonal chakras
- "Profile." The Summit Lighthouse Channel. YouTube. https://www.youtube.com/thesummitlighthouse.
- Prophet, Mark & Elizabeth. Climb the Highest Mountain Summit University Press 1972
- James, Boyett (2005). Pocket Guide to the Apocalypse. Relevant Media Group. pp. 30, 33, 53–56, 67, 70, 139, 150–151. ISBN 0-9760357-1-5. Search this book on
- Snow, Robert L. (2003). Deadly Cults: The Crimes of True Believers. Praeger/Greenwood. pp. 70, 79, 108, 111. ISBN 0-275-98052-9. Search this book on
- Lewis, James R. Church Universal and Triumphant in Scholarly Perspective Center For Academic Publication 1994.
- Braden, Charles S. These Also Believe Macmillan Publishing Company 2000. pages 257 - 307
- Summit University [home page]. http://summituniversity.org/.
This article "The Summit Lighthouse" is from Wikipedia. The list of its authors can be seen in its historical and/or the page Edithistory:The Summit Lighthouse. Articles copied from Draft Namespace on Wikipedia could be seen on the Draft Namespace of Wikipedia and not main one.