This Is America (Justin Tranchita song)
|"This is America"|
|Single by Justin Tranchita|
|from the album American Man|
"This is America" is a song performed by American country western singer Justin Tranchita and written by Steve Messer. Written and released in 2015, the single debuted on the Billboard Twitter Emerging Artists chart on November 21, 2015 at number four, and reached number one on that chart the following week. The song rose to prominence after Presidential hopeful Ben Carson used it as his campaign song for his 2016 election bid. Digg.com called the song one of the worst campaign songs in history. Empty Lighthouse magazine and The Guardian newspaper gave more positive reviews to the song. "This is America" was released as a single in November, 2015 and will also be included in Tranchita's freshman country album American Man in 2016. "This is America" returned to the number one spot again in 2016 after spending ten weeks on the Billboard Emerging chart.
- "Justin Tranchita Talks Ben Carson Campaign Theme 'This Is America'". Billboard. Retrieved 2015-12-04.
- "Finding ... and reaching the pinnacle within". Bureau County Republican. Retrieved 2015-11-30.
- "Billboard Twitter Emerging Artists". Billboard. 2018-05-06. Archived from the original on 2016-11-09.
- "Billboard Twitter Emerging Artist". Billboard. 2018-05-06. Archived from the original on 2016-01-23.
- "This is America". www.bencarson.com. Retrieved 2015-12-01.
- "A Brief History Of Terrible Presidential Campaign Songs". digg.com. Retrieved 2015-12-01.
- Persaud, Navi (12 November 2015). "Who Is Fancy, Justin Tranchita, GoldLink & MØ Top Billboard's Emerging Artists Chart". emptylighthouse.com. Retrieved 21 May 2018.
- Lartey, Jamiles. "Ben Carson rapper Aspiring Mogul explains how candidate inspired him". the Guardian. Retrieved 2015-12-01.
- "Billboard Twitter Emerging Artist". Billboard. 2018-05-06. Archived from the original on 2016-01-16.
This article "This Is America (Justin Tranchita song)" is from Wikipedia. The list of its authors can be seen in its historical and/or the page Edithistory:This Is America (Justin Tranchita song). Articles copied from Draft Namespace on Wikipedia could be seen on the Draft Namespace of Wikipedia and not main one.