Tia Walker entering Casita Maria Gala 2012, Mandarin Oriental, NY
|Born||Tia Charlaine Walker|
November 26, 1970
Portsmouth, Virginia, U.S.
Blogger, Fashion Writer, Brand Ambassador
|📆 Years active||2001–present|
|Height||5 ft 11 in (1.80 m)|
Tia Walker (born November 26, 1970) is an American blogger and founder of A-List Diet & Fitness™, a celebrity-oriented diet and fitness website, launched in 2014. She is also the founder and publisher of The Quest for "it"®, a blog created in 2005, that is best known for its Fashion Week reporting in New York, as well as its in-depth coverage of the worlds of art, fashion, media, and society.
Early life and career beginnings
Tia Walker was born into an Air Force family. Her parents met in Germany, but returned to her mother's hometown of Norfolk, Virginia several months prior to her birth. Walker spent her childhood years in numerous military towns, until her parents divorced in 1979. She attended Long Island's East Meadow High School, and attained her bachelor's degree in History with a minor in Art History, at Pace University in New York City.
In 2001, she formed Sfumato Artist Management, LLC, a DJ booking company, offering both booking and publicity for nightclub disc jockeys. Over the next few years, her company focused primarily on media placements and bookings for accomplished DJ talent, including Sarah Lewitinn (aka DJ Utragrrrl), among others.
Walker was recently contracted to blog for the luxury automobile retailer Lexus via the brand's LGBTinitiative. In 2013, she reported on several national events officially sponsored by Lexus, including the Human Rights Campaign National Dinner in Washington DC, and the Fashion World of Jean Paul Gaultier: From the Sidewalk to the Catwalk, in New York.
Walker's credits as a contributing writer include print articles for Zink Magazine and UPTOWN Magazine, as well as a three-year online column covering fashion and society for PatrickMcMullan.com. She also had a brief stint as a freelance blogger at Black Entertainment Television's Bet.com, reporting on celebrities in the music industry.
Despite its waning numbers in later years, The Quest for "It"® blog successfully began in August 2005, and quickly became a "go to" resource for some of the country's preeminent PR firms, providing factual, enlightening content on celebrities and society. In 2006, The Quest for "it"® embarked on video reporting of New York Fashion Week, featuring backstage interviews with designers and models, as well as surprise sound bites from celebrity attendees. Red Carpet reporting was introduced during 2007. That same year, thequestforit.com was named a "must read" by FashionWeekDaily.com, in its review of Fashion Week press coverage. As a brand, The Quest for "it"® had a two and a half year run on UPTOWN Magazine's UPTOWNMagazine.com The collaboration ended on December 31, 2010.
Brand Ambassadorship and Modeling
Walker has modeled occasionally, having done both fit and runway work, since the age of 17. She walked the runway during New York Fashion Week in February 2015 as part of NOLCHA fashion week, and in September 2010 for designer Tamara Pogosian, where she both opened and closed the show.
In addition, Walker has appeared as one of several brand ambassadors for New York City based spa and laser center Laser Cosmetica. She also has served exclusively as Brand Ambassador for Johanna Maxham Handbags during Mercedes Benz Fashion Week Branding 8 Days of Luxury, as well as for Maxham's Fall 2011/Winter 2012 online campaign.
TV and film work
In late 2018, Walker entered into television and film as a background actor, through the American casting company Central Casting. Featured roles include those of a reporter in the CBS series Blue Bloods, a 1950s-era theatergoer in the FX limited series Fosse/Verdon, as well as an upscale restaurant patron in the Starz Network series Sweetbitter.
Tia Walker is a breast cancer survivor, diagnosed and treated in 2008.
- "A-List Diet & Fitness Launches as Alistdietfit.com". prlog.org. 18 August 2014. Retrieved 8 September 2016.
- "Letters to the Editor". New York Magazine. New York Media, LLC. 27 February 2006. Retrieved 29 July 2012.
- Sessa, Cammy (December 1967). "Blue Yonder Twins". The Virginian-Pilot.
- Toth, Andrew (23 October 2013). "The Fashion World of Jean Paul Gaultier:From the Sidewalk to the Catwalk VIP Reception and Viewing". Getty Images. Retrieved 11 January 2014.
- Walker, Tia (4 January 2011). "Diddy, Fabulous and Kevin Cossom Film Music Video in L.A." bet.com. Retrieved 12 January 2014.
- Davis, Peter (26 September 2008). "Top10 Blogs to Stalk Socialites". Blogs.com. Retrieved 21 December 2010.
- "The Quest for "It"--Mercedes Benz Fashion Week Fall '07, Day 5". youtube.com. 14 February 2007. Retrieved 13 January 2014.
- "Blog Revolution". FashionWeekDaily.com. IMG Publications. 9 February 2007. Archived from the original on November 3, 2007. Retrieved 3 August 2015.CS1 maint: Unfit url (link)
- "Nolcha New York Fashion Week Fall/Winter 2015/2016". Wireimage.com. Retrieved 21 February 2015.
- "Tamara Pogosian Spring 2010". Uptownmagazine.com. 20 September 2010. Archived from the original on 22 February 2015. Retrieved 21 February 2015.
- "Tia Walker is the New Joanna Maxham Brand Ambassador". on.aol.com. Retrieved 21 February 2015.
- Fierberg, Ruthie (27 November 2018). "What to Expect From FX's Upcoming Series Fosse/Verdon,Starring Sam Rockwell and Michelle Williams". Playbill.com. Retrieved 24 January 2019.
- Tia Walker Official Website:Tia-Walker.com
- Tia Walker Official Blog:The Quest for "it"
- The Quest Videos channel on YouTube
- Tia Walker on PatrickMcMullan.com
This article "Tia Walker" is from Wikipedia. The list of its authors can be seen in its historical and/or the page Edithistory:Tia Walker. Articles copied from Draft Namespace on Wikipedia could be seen on the Draft Namespace of Wikipedia and not main one.