|🎓 Alma mater||University of Manchester|
Health technology entrepreneur, public health expert
|👴 👵 Parent(s)|
|🏅 Awards||Forbes 30 under 30 (2019)|
Tito Ovia (born March 1994) is an American-born Nigerian health technology entrepreneur and public health expert focusing on digital health and technology in Nigeria. She co-founded the startup company Helium Health. In 2019, Ovia was the only female listed in the healthcare section of the Forbes 30 Under 30.
Early life and education
Tito Ovia was born in March 1994 in the United States of America to Kay Ovia and businessperson Jim Ovia. She is third of 5 children. Ovia graduated from Cheltenham Ladies’ College and completed a BSc in biomedical sciences from the University of Manchester.
Ovia is a health technology entrepreneur and public health expert. She focuses on the healthcare industry and digital health in Nigeria. Upon completing her college studies, Ovia worked for the Lagos State AIDS Control Agency (LSACA). In 2011, she travelled to Mongolia while working for Orbis International. In 2016, Ovia co-founded the startup company, Helium Health, where she serves as head of growth.
Awards and honors
In 2018, Ovia and the co-founders of Helium Health were nominated for The Future Awards Africa Prize for Technology. In 2019, Ovia was the only female listed in the healthcare section of the Forbes 30 Under 30.
- Ugwuede, Kay (2020-07-15). "Healthcare in Nigeria is messy; Tito Ovia wants to make it less so". TechCabal. Retrieved 2020-10-28. Unknown parameter
- Victor, Olushola (2020-08-22). "On Jim Ovia's daughter making Forbes' list". The Nation Nigeria News. Retrieved 2020-10-23. Unknown parameter
- "Top 30 Under 30: Up and Coming African Entrepreneur". Business a.m. May 31, 2019. Retrieved 2020-10-23. Unknown parameter
- "Tito Ovia Makes The 2019 Forbes 30 Under 30 List". Woman.NG. 2018-11-15. Retrieved 2020-10-28. Unknown parameter
- Ukiwe, Urenna (5 December 2018). "The Future Awards Africa 2018 Nominees List". Guardian.ng. Retrieved 2020-10-28. Unknown parameter
This article "Tito Ovia" is from Wikipedia. The list of its authors can be seen in its historical and/or the page Edithistory:Tito Ovia. Articles copied from Draft Namespace on Wikipedia could be seen on the Draft Namespace of Wikipedia and not main one.