Tommy Parker (singer)
May 29, 1984
Maastricht, Limburg, Netherlands
Television Presenter , Singer, Actor
|📆 Years active||2005–present|
Tommy Theunisz Parker (born 29 May 1984) is a Dutch television presenter, singer, director and actor. He reached the mentor rounds of the first season of the German X Factor. He hosts Tommy in La La Land , a documentary series on OutTV (Europe).
Parker was born in Maastricht, the Netherlands. Parker studied for one year drama at the school for drama in 2003 and graduated in 2009 in journalism (television) in Tilburg. As a singer he sang in several rock bands when he was a teenager.
2004–2009: Career beginnings
In 2006 Tommy was one of the 18 talents who was picked to make reports for Dutch national network BNN. One year later he interviewed Cameron Diaz, John Legend and Rowan Atkinson for Dutch network NOS.
He directed and worked on two music videos for Dutch artist Joyze. He cast award-winning actress Melody Klaver and actor Mike Weerts to act in the music video. The single became a top 30 hit in the Netherlands. The second music video he directed for Joyze was her third and final single Way Too Long.
Parker also started working on two documentaries SAT2D: The Road To Pinkpop (Broadcast by L1)  and Thousand Hills Journalist (for lokaalmondiaal).
2010–2014: Music and acting
In 2010 Tommy auditioned for the first season of X Factor Germany. After two pre selections Tommy was picked to sing by judges: Sarah Connor, Till Broner and George Gluck in a TV show with audience. Tommy reached the mentor rounds with Till Broner as his mentor, who loved Parker´s performances but didn't think Tommy was ready yet and had to make a choice with whom he would battle against the other mentors. Referring to the game element of X Factor. On April 20, 2012 Tommy Parker released his first single Run For Our Money via Interscope Digital. In October 2012 Canadian director Charlie David announced that Run for our Money would be featured in the reality tv series I'm a Stripper.
In 2011 Parker had a small part in the American movie Amsterdam Heavy. The film premiered at Cannes film festival 2011. In 2014 he also played one of the lead characters in the short film 'Lijkzang'.
2015–present: Online and worldwide television series
In 2015 Parker started working on two online Dutch interview formats: "Dating" and "Michella Kox Vs." Several Dutch media outlets including Linda TV, Volkskrant and Telegraaf shared Parker's new content. In 2017 Parker signed a contract with OUTtv Global. His new television interview series: Tommy in La La Land will premiere on OUTtv's national networks worldwide in 2018.
- Amsterdam Heavy (2011) .... Billy
- Lijkzang (2014) .... Robin
- Impossible (Joyze Music Video) (2008)
- Way Too Long (Joyze Music Video) (2008)
- Thousand Hills Journalist (Documentary) (2008)
- SAT2D: The Road To Pinkpop(Documentary) (2009)
- Tommy in La La Land" (OUTtv Global) (2018) .... Tommy Parker
- Golf & More (RTL7) (2010) .... Tommy Parker
- X Factor (Vox, RTL Germany) (2010) .... Tommy Parker
- NOS Headlines (NOS) (2007) .... Tommy Parker
- YouTube https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=xF7JQbYogdY Tommy meets Cameron Diaz | Tommy Parker Interview
- oranjemuziek.nl: Way Too Long http://oranjemuziek.nl/2008/10/10/way-too-long-nieuwe-single-en-videoclip-joyze/
- L1: The Official Website "Archived copy". Archived from the original on 2011-07-17. Retrieved 2011-01-14.CS1 maint: Archived copy as title (link)
- Napster "Official Page" http://gb.napster.com/artist/tommy-parker/album/run-for-our-money-single
- Facebook Page "Facebook Page: I'm A Stripper" https://www.facebook.com/magicmendocumentary?fref=ts
- IMDB. www.imdb.com https://www.imdb.com/title/tt1740468/?ref_=nm_flmg_act_2
- IMDB. www.imdb.com https://www.imdb.com/title/tt3415750/
- Linda TV. http://www.lindanieuws.nl/nieuws/bekend/turner-jeffrey-wammes-ik-heb-weleens-sex-op-wcs-in-gay-clubs/
- Telegraaf. http://www.telegraaf.nl/prive/27446151/__Michella_maakt_gehakt_van_Laura_Ponticorvo__.html/
This article "Tommy Parker (singer)" is from Wikipedia. The list of its authors can be seen in its historical and/or the page Edithistory:Tommy Parker (singer). Articles copied from Draft Namespace on Wikipedia could be seen on the Draft Namespace of Wikipedia and not main one.