V-Wars: Chronicles of the Vampire Wars
V-Wars: Blood & Fire
V-Wars - Night Terrors
James R. Tuck
and Mike Watt.
|Published||June 27 2012|
|Media type||eBook (hardcover, paperback), eBook|
V-Wars: Chronicles of the Vampire Wars is a book series written by Jonathan Maberry. It chronicles the raise of a vampire transformation epidemic which has originated from a virus outbreak.
When melting Arctic ice releases a virus it triggers dormant genes from junk DNA which contains the genes that once created vampires. Then, all over the world, people begin to transform and develop unnatural hungers.
The world is filled with vampires. Each culture has its own unique brand of blood-thirsty killer. And vampires are returning.
From the savage murders committed by the patient zero of the plague to full-out battles with vampire terrorist cells, these are the stories of the most terrifying war mankind has ever faced.
Dr. Luther Swann
Dr. Luther Swann is the main character of the series. He is a 39-year-old science doctor and a single father. He's the father of a boy name Dez, whose his main priority and motivation for survival in the series. Luther a very grounded character in V-Wars. He has vast knowledge and fascination for the laws of physics and that of mortal man.
Michael Fayne is the second main character of the series. He is Luther's best friend and also is a victim of the vampire mutation. He rises as the head of the vampire clan.
A fellow mutant vampire and is very devious.
Desmond "Dez" Swann
Dez is Dr. Luther son with his ex wife. He also has a half sister.
Twin sister of Danika and is a Vuldulac vampire who refuses to feed on humans. She is very private and is a lesbian.
Danika is Milka sister and is very manipulative of the people she feeds from. She and Michael are dating and is met with competition from Ava, who wants Michael to be more aggressive as a leader.
Ava is rescued by Michael from hunters after her father dies. She helps form Blood Nation along with Michael.
Corruption, rascism, and War are some of the major themes discussed in V-Wars.
Post-apocalypse is one of the major themes in the novels. With the rise of the vampire mutation worldwide, many of the major resources have become scarce. The theme is similar to the plot in I Am Legend (novel) by Richard Matheson.
It was announced in April 2018 that V Wars would be adapted into a Netflix series, with Ian Somerhalder starring as Dr. Luther Swann. Ian also served as director of three episodes of the series as well plus producer.
Ian has said that what drew him to the project was how the show's themes reflect on current events that are taking place as we speak.
The series debut on December 5th, 2019 with a run of ten episodes for its first season. Netflix later cancelled the show on March 28, 2020 despite its wide popularity since its debut.
Differences from the book series and the Netflix series
- Luther is a natural blonde in the books; while in the adaptation we see he has dark hair
- The name of Luther's ex-wife is never mentioned; in the show her name is Rachel Thompson
- Luther is single; he's married to Jessica, his second wife
- Luther has a daughter in the book series who becomes a Blood; Dez is an only child (It's worth noting that in the show Dez befriends the daughter of a US Senator who fits the description of his sister from the book series.)
- Ava becomes the leader of Blood Nation; in the series she assumes second-in-command
- Dez dies after being bitten by his sister; in the series Dez lives and is captured by Nikolai
- Mila and Danika feud a lot; in the tenth episode they have a confrontation
- Kaylee Vo is a reporter for a local news channel and is black mailed into joining Blood Nation; in the show she runs her own conspiracy news website called Levaleaks and is tortured by Ava and the other Bloods, but not Michael and only works with him
This article "V-Wars" is from Wikipedia. The list of its authors can be seen in its historical and/or the page Edithistory:V-Wars. Articles copied from Draft Namespace on Wikipedia could be seen on the Draft Namespace of Wikipedia and not main one.