|Founders 👔||Bala Sarda|
|Headquarters 🏙️||New Delhi, India|
Area served 🗺️
Number of employees
Vahdam Teas is an Indian tea brand, founded in 2015. It has its headquarters in New Delhi, India with corporate offices in the US and UK. The brand sources teas from Indian tea estates in Darjeeling, Assam, the Nilgiris district, Kangra district and others.
Vahdam Teas was started in 2015 by its then 23-year old founder and CEO Bala Sarda, a fourth-generation tea businessman.
The company raised a total of US $16 Million over four funding rounds, with US $650,000 in its seed round in 2017,, US $1.4 million USD in its Series A round in 2017, US $2.5 million in its Series B round in 2018, and US $11 million in Series C round in 2019.. It is backed by Fireside Ventures, Sixth Sense Ventures, Mankind Group, SAR Group, Urmin Group, Infosys founder S. Gopalakrishnan, Zomato founder Pankaj Chaddah amongst others.
Vahdam Teas sources teas from tea estates across India . The tea is then brought to its BRC-certified tea facility based in New Delhi. The teas are stored in climate-controlled warehouses to conserve freshness and flavor, then shipped to its fulfillment centres abroad, from where it reaches consumers.
Awards and recognition
Vahdam Teas won US Specialty Food Association awards in 2018 and 2019.
- "Bala Sarda - Founder & CEO @ Vahdam Teas". crunchbase.com/.
- "Tea e-tailing startup Vahdam raises angel funding". Tech Circle.
- "India's Vahdam Teas raises $1.4M to bring fresher tea to your door faster". Tech Crunch.
- "Vahdam Teas, The Fastest Growing Premium Tea Brand, Raises US$2.5 Million in Series B Funding". Bloomberg.
- "India's Vahdam Teas raises $11M to grow its tea-commerce business in the US and Europe". TechCrunch. Retrieved 2020-08-20.
- "Vahdam Teas: Can the online tea empire replicate its success at home?". Forbes India.
- "Vahdam Teas Receives the 2019 Sofi™ Bronze Award".
- "When small business wins big!". About Amazon.
This article "Vahdam Teas" is from Wikipedia. The list of its authors can be seen in its historical and/or the page Edithistory:Vahdam Teas. Articles copied from Draft Namespace on Wikipedia could be seen on the Draft Namespace of Wikipedia and not main one.