|Limited liability company|
|Industry||Private equity, venture capital|
|Headquarters 🏙️||, |
Area served 🗺️
|Products 🎛️ 🧴||Venture capital, equity investment, investment management, growth capital|
Number of employees
Vida Ventures is a bicoastal life sciences investment firm, founded in 2017 by a group of scientists, physicians, entrepreneurs, and investors who are passionate about building and funding breakthroughs in biomedicine. The firm's inaugural fund was raised in November 2017 and has $295 million in assets under management.
Vida Ventures’ mission is to "bring science to life by advancing transformative biomedical innovations that have the potential to make a meaningful impact on the lives of patients". The firm was co-founded by Arie Belldegrun, Fred Cohen, Stefan Vitorovic, Joshua Kazam, Arjun Goyal and Len Potter.
Vida Ventures is headquartered in Boston, Massachusetts.
- A2 Biotherapeutics
- Allogene Therapeutics
- Homology Medicines
- Kronos Bio
- Pionyr Immunotherapeutics
- Praxis Precision Medicines
- Sutro Biopharma
- In August 2017, it was reported that Vida Ventures has participated in a $83.5 million Series B financing round for Homology Medicines.
- In December 2017, it was announced that Vida Ventures participated in a $62 million Series B financing round for Pionyr Therapeutics.
- In March 2018, Homology Medicines, one of the companies Vida Ventures has invested in, began trading on the Nasdaq Global Select Market under the ticker "FIXX". Homology Medicines has raised $165 million in its initial public offering.
- In April 2018, it was announced that Vida Ventures participated in a $300 million Series A financing round for Allogene Therapeutics.
- In May 2018, it was announced that Vida Ventures participated in a $18 million seed financing round for Kronos Bio.
- In July 2018, it was announced that Vida Ventures participated in a $85.4 Series E financing round for Sutro Biopharma.
- "About Us - Vida Ventures". Vida Ventures. Retrieved 4 August 2018.
- Stendahl, Max (15 December 2017). "Vida Ventures, Boston’s newest healthcare VC firm, unveils $255M fund". Boston Business Journal. Retrieved 4 August 2018.
- "Team - Vida Ventures". Vida Ventures. Retrieved 4 August 2018.
- "Vida Ventures Unveils Next-Generation Life Sciences Venture Firm with $295 Million Under Management and an Investment in Allogene Therapeutics". BusinessWire. 3 April 2018. Retrieved 4 August 2018.
- "Portfolio - Vida Ventures". Vida Ventures. Retrieved 4 August 2018.
- Densford, Fink (18 December 2017). "Boston VC firm Vida Ventures unveils $255m healthcare fund". Mass Device. Retrieved 4 August 2018.
- "Homology Medicines Announces $83.5 Million Series B Financing to Advance Lead Development Candidate and AMEnDR™ In Vivo Gene Editing Technology ". PR Newswire. 1 August 2017. Retrieved 4 August 2018.
- "Pionyr Immunotherapeutics Completes $62 Million Series B Financing to Advance Antibody-based Therapeutics Targeting the Tumor Microenvironment ". PR Newswire. 13 December 2017. Retrieved 4 August 2018.
- "Homology Medicines Announces Pricing of Initial Public Offering ". PR Newswire. 27 March 2018. Retrieved 4 August 2018.
- "Homology Medicines Announces Closing of Initial Public Offering". Homology Medicines. 3 April 2018. Retrieved 4 August 2018.
- Herper, Matthew (3 April 2018). "They're Back! After Selling Kite, Belldegrun And Chang Seek To Change Cancer Treatment Again". Forbes. Retrieved on 4 August 2018.
- Carroll, John (3 April 2018). "Arie Belldegrun raises $300M, grabs Pfizer’s allogeneic CAR-T portfolio and launches a groundbreaking drive to commercialization". Endpoint News. Retrieved on 4 August 2018.
- "Kronos Bio Appoints Dr. Norbert Bischofberger, Former Head of R&D for Gilead Sciences, as President and Chief Executive Officer and Completes $18 Million Seed Financing". PR Newswire. 23 May 2018. Retrieved 4 August 2018.
- "Sutro Biopharma Announces $85.4 Million Series E Round ". PR Newswire. 26 July 2018. Retrieved 4 August 2018.
This article "Vida Ventures" is from Wikipedia. The list of its authors can be seen in its historical and/or the page Edithistory:Vida Ventures. Articles copied from Draft Namespace on Wikipedia could be seen on the Draft Namespace of Wikipedia and not main one.