Did you know a wiki could be used internally in your company ? For better knowledge management and internal communication. Less email and office files. 30 days free trial. (Ad)
Vitam-R is a savory yeast extract spread made in Hameln, Germany by the company Vitam Hefe-Produkt GmbH. It was first developed by Rückforth AG in Stettin (today's Szczecin, Poland) in 1925 , following the discovery by Justus von Liebig that yeast could be concentrated.
It is sometimes described as having a smoother flavour than similar products like British Marmite, Australian Vegemite and Swiss Cenovis. Unlike them, it is not an iconic part of its home country's cuisine, but it is also described as having a love-it-or-hate-it flavour.
It is both vegan and vegetarian and is sold primarily in Reformhaus health-food stores.
- "Vitam: Mit Hefe-Extrakt zum Welthersteller". https://bio-markt.info. Bio-Markt.info: Das Nachrichtenportal der Naturkostbranche. 2009-09-01. Retrieved 2018-09-12.
Beispielhaft für den wissensbezogenen Wandel der Vermarktung steht Vitam-R, ein Hefeextrakt, der Ende der 1920er Jahre als »Fleischextrakt des Vegetariers«39 vermarktet wurde. Das Präparat wurde 1925 von der Stettiner Rückforth AG...External link in
- Uwe Spiekermann (14 May 2018). Künstliche Kost: Ernährung in Deutschland, 1840 bis heute. Vandenhoeck & Ruprecht. pp. 407–. ISBN 978-3-647-31719-9. Search this book on
- Boulton, Chris, ed. (2012). Encyclopedia of brewing. Weinheim: Wiley. p. 394. ISBN 978-1-4051-6744-4. Retrieved 4 November 2014. Search this book on
- "Tesco takes Marmite off virtual shelves amid Brexit price hikes". https://www.dw.com. Deutsche Welle. 2016-10-12. Retrieved 2018-09-12.
But if Marmite stays off the shelves, Germany could have an answer. A company in Hameln has been making Vitam-R yeast spread since the 1920s. It may not have the same cachet as Marmite, but its smoother taste has a cult following among health food aficionados. But it, too, has become more expensive to import to Britain - even if, after Brexit, it will by default become the leading brand in the EU.External link in
- Angela Helmberger (24 May 2018). Glücklich trotz Unverträglichkeiten: Rotationsdiät: Bauchschmerzen und Nahrungsmittelunverträglichkeiten dauerhaft lindern — Reizdarm und chronisch entzündlichen Darmerkrankungen vorbeugen. tredition. pp. 104–. ISBN 978-3-7469-4482-1. Search this book on
Others articles of the Topics Food AND Germany : Eat-the-World
Others articles of the Topic Food : Wilde Brands, List of cider producers in Cornwall, List of sources of Korean culinary history, Authenticook, Meatball pizza, McDonald's Australia, Raw Food Made Easy for 1 or 2 People
Others articles of the Topic Germany : Amin Farden, Botho von Hülsen, Eat-the-World, Old German Shepherd Dog, Andrea Ammon, Juwelo, Germany women's junior national softball team
Some use of "" in your query was not closed by a matching "".Some use of "" in your query was not closed by a matching "".
- List of brand name condiments
- List of spreads
- Marmite (New Zealand)
|This brand-name food or drink product–related article is a stub. You can help Wikipedia by expanding it.|
|This Germany-related article is a stub. You can help Wikipedia by expanding it.|
This article "Vitam-R" is from Wikipedia. The list of its authors can be seen in its historical and/or the page Edithistory:Vitam-R. Articles copied from Draft Namespace on Wikipedia could be seen on the Draft Namespace of Wikipedia and not main one.