Viz.ai is a healthcare startup that uses artificial intelligence to identify early signs of stroke.
Corporate history and product
Viz.ai, based in San Francisco and Israel, developed the first software for synchronizing healthcare and utilize AI to reduce treatment and intervention time for those suffering from large vessel occlusions (LVOs).  Viz.ai allows doctors and medical professionals to upload CT angiogram images and determine whether there has been a stroke within minutes of photo processing. Once confirmed, an alert is sent to the treating physician and surgical teams. During a stroke, 2 million brain cells die every minute, and strokes are the number one cause of disability in the United States, making timing of intervention critical.
The Viz technology is used in 300 medical facilities across the United States, including those specializing in the treatment of strokes, including The Southeast Regional Stroke Center at Erlanger in University of Tennessee’s Erlanger Medical Center in Chattanooga.
Approvals, Developments, and Partnerships
Viz.ai gained FDA approval, 510(k) in 2018, as the first computer-based triage and notification software. The company’s CT app generating color maps of the brain's blood supply and calculating time plots, has also been approved and made compatible with Viz.ai.
The company partnered with Medtronic, the largest medical device company in the world, to accelerate the adoption of Viz.ai’s technology in additional hospitals and reduce treatment time for stroke victims. 
Funding and Awards
In July 2018, Viz.ai received $21 million in series A funding.
In 2019, the company earned $50 million in series B funding, led by Greenoaks Capital Partners, as well as Alphabet, Charles River Ventures (CRV), Threshold Ventures, GV (formerly Google Ventures), and Kleiner Perkins. The 2019 funding is being used to expand the technology to additional hospitals and the treatment of other diseases.
Also in 2019, Viz.ai was named one of Forbe’s AI 50: America’s Most Promising AI Companies.
- "Viz.ai raises $50 million for AI that detects early signs of stroke". VentureBeat. 2019-10-23. Retrieved 2019-11-18.
- "With clock ticking, Israeli AI start-up slashes stroke treatment time - Israel News - Jerusalem Post". www.jpost.com. Retrieved 2019-11-18.
- Orbach, Meir (2019-07-22). "Medtronic Partners With Stroke Detection Startup Viz.ai". CTECH - www.calcalistech.com. Retrieved 2019-11-18.
- "Medtronic inks deal for Viz.ai's stroke tech". MassDevice. Retrieved 2019-11-18.
- "Hillel's Tech Corner: Time isn't just money,it can be life or death - Israel News - Jerusalem Post". www.jpost.com. Retrieved 2019-11-18.
- "Medtronic to distribute Viz.ai's stroke-spotting AI imaging software". FierceBiotech. Retrieved 2019-11-18.
- "Bloomberg - Are you a robot?". www.bloomberg.com. Retrieved 2019-11-18.
- "Viz.ai lands $50m Series B for stroke treatment". MassDevice. Retrieved 2019-11-18.
- "Viz.ai artificial intelligence stroke software helping doctors win race against time". Radiology Business. Retrieved 2019-11-18.
- "Medtronic to distribute AI stroke detection and triage software". MedTech Dive. Retrieved 2019-11-18.
- Burton, Thomas M. "New Technology Promises to Speed Critical Treatment for Strokes". WSJ. Retrieved 2019-11-18.
- "Doctors page artificial intelligence to mitigate stroke's swift, deadly effects". www.spglobal.com. Retrieved 2019-11-18.
- "Medtronic teams with stroke diagnosis co Viz.ai". en.globes.co.il (in עברית). 2019-07-24. Retrieved 2019-11-18.
- plc, Medtronic (2019-07-22). "Medtronic Partners with Viz.ai to Accelerate Adoption of New Artificial Intelligence Software in U.S. Stroke Centers". GlobeNewswire News Room. Retrieved 2019-11-18.
- Condon, Alan. "Medtronic and Viz.ai collaborate on new AI technology". www.beckersspine.com. Retrieved 2019-11-18.
- "Viz.ai Raises $21 M in Series A Funding From Kleiner Perkins and GV to Increase Patient Access to Proven Therapies". www.businesswire.com. 2018-07-18. Retrieved 2019-11-18.
- "Health tech funding snapshot—Google joins $50M round in Viz.ai, Augmedix raises $19M and more". FierceHealthcare. Retrieved 2019-11-18.
- "Alphabet joins $50M funding for AI-powered stroke care". www.beckershospitalreview.com. Retrieved 2019-11-18.
- Ravet, Hagar (2019-10-23). "Stroke Detection Startup Viz.ai Raises $50 Million". CTECH - www.calcalistech.com. Retrieved 2019-11-18.
- "U.S.-Israeli health tech firm Viz.ai raises $50 million". www.msn.com. Retrieved 2019-11-18.
- D'Onfro, Jillian. "AI 50: America's Most Promising Artificial Intelligence Companies". Forbes. Retrieved 2019-11-18.
This article "Viz.ai" is from Wikipedia. The list of its authors can be seen in its historical and/or the page Edithistory:Viz.ai. Articles copied from Draft Namespace on Wikipedia could be seen on the Draft Namespace of Wikipedia and not main one.