|Headquarters 🏙️||, |
Area served 🗺️
|Byron Jobe (CEO)|
Number of employees
Vizient, Inc. is a health care performance improvement company and group purchasing organization headquartered in Irving, Texas. It provides health care analytics, supply chain, research, advisory and advocacy services to the health care industry including 95% of U.S. academic medical centers.
Originally founded in 1977, the Vizient brand was formed in January 2016 after the merger of VHA, Inc, University HealthSystem Consortium (UHC) and Novation in 2015. In 2016, Vizient acquired the MedAssets’ Spend and Clinical Resource Management (SCM) segment and the Sg2 company.
Health care advocacy and communication
Vizient advocacy and communications have related to U.S. health care topics:
- Pharmaceutical spending, national drug shortages, biosimilars
- Health care policy
- Patient safety initiatives including opioid crisis, hospital quality measures, cybersecurity
- "Vizient About Us Careers". Retrieved 2019-04-25.
- "2018 100 Most Influential People in Healthcare". Retrieved 2019-06-03.
- "Bloomberg Snapshot". Bloomberg. Retrieved 2019-06-03.
- "4 of the largest GPOs I 2017". Becker's Hospital Review. 2017-02-06. Retrieved 2019-06-02.
- "Health policy changes could affect reimbursement: What to know". Managed Heatlhcare Executive. 2017-12-02. Retrieved 2019-06-03.
- "FDA Hears From Stakeholders About Insulin Transition to Biologic Pathway in 2020". The Center for Biosimilars. 2019-05-14. Retrieved 2019-06-03.
- "Vizient Clinical Data Base Chosen by More Than 60 New Hospitals in 2017 for Quality Improvement Initiatives | Newsroom – Vizient". newsroom.vizientinc.com. Retrieved 2019-06-04.
- "VHA-UHC Alliance to be called Vizient". Modern Healthcare. 2015-11-19. Retrieved 2019-04-25.
- "$2.7 billion MedAssets sale shakes up healthcare group-purchasing market". Modern Healthcare. 2015-11-02. Retrieved 2019-04-25.
- "Vizient Sees 4.28% Increase in Health System Pharmaceutical Spending". AJMC. 2019-01-19.
- "U.S. Hospitals Wrestle With Shortages of Drug Supplies Made in Puerto Rico". The New York Times. 2017-10-23.
- "Drug Pricing Forecast Reminds Stakeholders About Role of Biosimilars". The Center for Biosimilars. 2019-02-01.
- "Congressional Briefing Highlights Importance and Benefits of Engaging Patients Throughout Continuum of Care". Healthcare Leadership Council. 2019-02-23.
- "Doctors: If You Aren't Part of the Opioid Crisis Solution, You're Part of the Problem". U.S. News & World Report. 2018-12-17.
- "Hospitals hopeful big changes are coming to the CMS' star ratings". Modern Healthcare. 2019-05-02.
- "What Government Organizations Can Learn From The Private Sector About Cybersecurity". Forbes. 2018-08-29.
|This article about a medical, pharmaceutical or biotechnological corporation or company is a stub. You can help EverybodyWiki by expanding it.|
This article "Vizient, Inc" is from Wikipedia. The list of its authors can be seen in its historical and/or the page Edithistory:Vizient, Inc. Articles copied from Draft Namespace on Wikipedia could be seen on the Draft Namespace of Wikipedia and not main one.