|Privately held company|
|Founded 📆||2005 in Herzliya, Israel|
|Headquarters 🏙️||, |
Redwood City, California,
Area served 🗺️
|Martin Dunsby, President and CEO|
Yaron Buznach, Founder and CTO
William R. (Bill) Beyer:, CFO
|Products 📟||Mobile Applications|
Number of employees
|🌐 Website||Vollee Currently Offline|
As of this time[when?], Vollee appears to no longer exist. Phone numbers for their California office have been disconnected and their website is no longer reachable. A Mirror of it  also appeared but it has been removed as well.
Products and services
Vollee's flagship technology, the VolleeX engine, acts as a bridge between a mobile phone and a Vollee server running a PC game or application. VolleeX converts video and audio output from the application into a proprietary streaming video format, using compression to minimize bandwidth requirements on 3G networks. At the same time, VolleeX takes user input from the mobile device (i.e. button presses), converts this to the appropriate form of input for the PC application (i.e. a mouse click), and streams it back to the server, allowing the user to interact with the application similarly to how one might do so on a PC. Vollee's streaming protocols attempt to minimize lag so as not to cause problems in fast-paced games.
The VolleeX engine also manipulates the game's 3D rendering in a hardware accelerated fashion and in accordance with game profiles created by Vollee's game designers to makes suitable to the target device.
There is also a video of Vollee client playing World of Warcraft at this website http://kotaku.com/5228209/warcraft-on-an-iphone-but-is-it-coming-to-yours
Vollee has announced partnerships with video game publishers Activision Blizzard, Codemasters, and Encore Software. Their Second Life client was produced in partnership with Linden Lab.
- "GAME ON; Vollee looks to leverage networks to enhance games" RCR Wireless News, vol. 26, no. 46, 3 Dec. 2007, p. 14. Gale General OneFile. Accessed 6 Sept. 2020.
- Buchanan, Levi. "Vollee Q&A". Retrieved 2008-07-07.
- "Vollee Debuts Second Life on Mobile" (Press release). Vollee, Inc. 2008-06-03. Retrieved 2008-07-02.
- Vascellaro, Jessica E. (6 April 2008). "Cellphones will get smarter". The Miami Herald. 105 (205) (International ed.). McClatchy. The Wall Street Journal. p. 13C. Retrieved 6 Sep 2020 – via Newspapers.com. Unknown parameter
- Corbett, Julian; Miller, Joe (27 May 2008). "Talking streaming, Second Life and mobile World of Warcraft with Vollee and Linden Lab". Pocket Gamer (Interview). Interviewed by Rob Hearn. Bath, United Kingdom: Steel Media. Retrieved 6 Sep 2020.
This article "Vollee" is from Wikipedia. The list of its authors can be seen in its historical and/or the page Edithistory:Vollee. Articles copied from Draft Namespace on Wikipedia could be seen on the Draft Namespace of Wikipedia and not main one.