Waller Lansden Dortch & Davis, LLP
|No. of offices||5 total|
|No. of attorneys||230 + (2018)|
|Major practice areas||General practice|
|Key people||Matt Burnstein, Chairman.|
|Company type||Limited liability partnership|
Waller Lansden Dortch & Davis, LLP (also known as simply Waller) is a large U.S. law firm with offices in the Southern United States. U.S. News & World Report has ranked Waller as one of the top law firms in the country across multiple disciplines. It is the oldest and largest law firm in Nashville.
Waller traces its roots back to the firm of Pitts & McConnico, founded in 1905 in Nashville, Tennessee by John Pitts and K.T. McConnico. McConnico was one of three attorneys who represented John T. Scopes in his appeal to the Tennessee Supreme Court of his famous conviction in the Scopes Monkey Trial for teaching evolution in a public school.
The current firm, headquartered in Nashville, is the result of growth and a series of mergers with firms throughout the Southern United States. The firm maintains additional offices in Tennessee, Alabama and Texas
With a reputation as having one of the top healthcare law practices in the nation, the firm also has attorneys engaged in corporate, mergers & acquisitions, labor and employment, real estate, bankruptcy, intellectual property, and tax law.
Notable lawyers and alumni
- Brett Carter, 2010 Democratic nominee for the United States House of Representatives from Tennessee's 6th congressional district.
- Jim Cooper, U.S. Representative for Tennessee's 5th congressional district since 2003.
- Waverly D. Crenshaw Jr., the Chief Judge of the United States District Court for the Middle District of Tennessee.
- Alberto Gonzales, 80th United States Attorney General and the highest-ranking Hispanic American in American executive government to date.
- Paul G. Summers, former attorney general of the state of Tennessee from 1999 until 2006.
- Justin P. Wilson, current Tennessee state Comptroller of the Treasury and former deputy governor to Tennessee Governor Don Sundquist from 1996 until 2003.
- Matt Burstein firm profile
- U.S. News & World Report's Best Law Firms
- Nashville Area Chamber of Commerce profile
- "During centenary year, Waller reflects on growth, changes". Nashville Business Journal. 2005-06-02. Retrieved 2018-06-27.
- Hale, Will Thomas; Merritt, Dixon Lanier (1913). "Kinnard Taylor McConnico". A History of Tennessee and Tennesseans: The Leaders and Representative Men in Commerce, Industry and Modern Activities. p. 1414. Retrieved 2018-06-30.
- Waller firm history
- Waller Chattanooga Office
- Waller Memphis Office
- Waller Birmingham Office
- Waller Austin Office
- American Bar Association's Annual Regional Law Firm Recognition
- Waller Lansden Dortch & Davis, LLP - Official Homepage
- Chambers USA profile
- Profile from LexisNexis Martindale-Hubbell
This article "Waller Lansden Dortch & Davis, LLP" is from Wikipedia. The list of its authors can be seen in its historical and/or the page Edithistory:Waller Lansden Dortch & Davis, LLP. Articles copied from Draft Namespace on Wikipedia could be seen on the Draft Namespace of Wikipedia and not main one.