The Wartensleben family is a historic noble family from Magdebourg, promoted to the title of Count on 1 January 1703 by the King of Prussia. The title was also recognised by the Holy Roman Empire, with a coat of arms, on 29 March 1706.
Amongst the distinguished members of the family are:
- Count Alexander Hermann von Wartensleben (1650-1734), General Marshal of the Prussian army, Governor of Berlin
- Count Hermann von Wartensleben (1700-1761), builder of Schloss Meseberg, son of the above
- Count Leopold Alexander von Wartensleben (1710-1775), Lieutenant-General, brother of the above
- Count Ferdinand von Wartensleben (1740-1776), son of the above, Marshal of the Court of the future Frederick William II of Prussia
- Count Leopold Alexander von Wartensleben (1745-1822), Lieutenant-General, defender of the citadel of Petersberg, Governor of Erfurt, son of Leopold Alexander (1710-1775)
- Count Gustav von Wartensleben (1796-1886), Lieutenant-General of the Prussian Army
- Count Alexander von Wartensleben-Schwirsen (1807-1883), Deputy of the Frankfurt Parliament
- Count Hermann Ludwig von Wartensleben (1826-1921), General of the Cavalry, Commander of the Order of Saint John (Bailiwick of Brandenburg)
- Count Ludwig von Wartensleben (1831-1926), landowner, member of the Prussian House of Lords
- Editha von Wartensleben (1837-1895), spouse of the landmarschall and Count Kuno von Hahn (1832-1885)
Notes[edit | edit source]
- "Counts of Wartensleben - Geneall.net". geneall.net.
- "Wartensleben - Public Member Trees - Ancestry.com.au". www.ancestry.com.au.
- Biographie, Deutsche (1896). Wartensleben, Alexander Graf von - Deutsche Biographie. www.deutsche-biographie.de.
- Title is roughly equivalent to Speaker of the House of Lords.
Source[edit | edit source]
Others articles of the Topic Germany : Church at Südstern, Carola Remer, Ulrich Tadday, Juwelo, Accentus Music, Johannes Hill, Germany women's junior national softball team
Others articles of the Topic Genealogy : Ancestris
Some use of "" in your query was not closed by a matching "".Some use of "" in your query was not closed by a matching "".
|This article is a stub. You can help Wikipedia by expanding it.|
This article "Wartensleben" is from Wikipedia. The list of its authors can be seen in its historical and/or the page Edithistory:Wartensleben. Articles copied from Draft Namespace on Wikipedia could be seen on the Draft Namespace of Wikipedia and not main one.