Type of site
|Alexa rank||46,235 (US, 01/2014)|
|Registration||Optional (previews only)|
The business started when "Hubby" posted some polaroids of "Wifey" on the Usenet newsgroup alt.binaries.pictures.erotica in 1997 with her eyes hidden. Surprised by the favorable response, the couple continued to post steadily more explicit images. By the fall of 1997, they were doing a brisk mail-order business of their home videos. They launched the website in the fall of 1998.
The website, initially costing US$9.95 a month, started around Jan. 26, 1998, and featured JPEGs, video clips, and order forms for tapes. There was also an interactive "Wifey cam".
The couple has begun involving other men in their repertoire.
- Casey Newton, "Porn pair rile neighborhood ", The Arizona Republican, 4 November 2006
- Casey Newton, "Some wonder if anti-porn group exists", The Arizona Republican, 7 November 2006
- Cromer, Mark. "Inside Wifey Inc.", "Wired News", September 2, 1998.
- Kerr Fuffle, Roscoe Spanks, Paying for Sex, Trafford Publishing, 2003, ISBN 1412013488 Search this book on ., p.29[self-published source]
- The Wired article came out in 1998; "Hubby" was then-33 years old and "Wifey" was 32.
- Wired mentions they had been married 12 years.
- "Wifey F.A.Q.s". Wifey's World. Retrieved 2008-05-12.
- Lua error in Module:Official_website at line 90: attempt to index field 'wikibase' (a nil value).
|This pornography-related article is a stub. You can help EverybodyWiki by expanding it.|
This article "Wifey's World" is from Wikipedia. The list of its authors can be seen in its historical and/or the page Edithistory:Wifey's World. Articles copied from Draft Namespace on Wikipedia could be seen on the Draft Namespace of Wikipedia and not main one.