Did you know a wiki could be used internally in your company ? For better knowledge management and internal communication. Less email and office files. 30 days free trial. (Ad)
|Edit this InfoBox|
|Prof. Yesha Sivan.jpg|
|Born||April 1966 (age 54)|
|Baptised||April 1966 (age 54)|
|Known for||Innovating innovating...|
Yesha Sivan (Hebrew: ישע סיון; born April, 1966) is an Israeli-born entrepreneur and professor. Sivan is president of the Israel Internet Association  and CEO of the business platform i8 ventures.[better source needed] He is a visiting professor of the Chinese University of Hong Kong Business School, focusing on the topics of venture and innovation.
Sivan completed his Bachelor of Education and Cognitive Sciences (magna cum laude) in 1988, at the Tel Aviv University. He moved to United States in 1989 to complete his Masters of Interactive Technology at Harvard University. He furthered his studies and was awarded a Doctorate from Harvard University. His thesis about "Knowledge Age Standards" qualified with distinction.
From 1990-2000, Sivan was involved in post-doctoral research at the Program on Information Resources Policy at Harvard University.
Sivan has taken a Chinese name (习移山) that resembles the sound of his Hebrew name: 习 Xi 移山 Yi Shan.
习(xi), the last name, refers to the "learning" that he undertakes in his academia and life. 移山(Yishan), the first part of the name, sounds similar to "Yesha" and refers to the Chinese story about YuGong YiShan - The Foolish Old Man Removes the Mountains.
This section of a biography of a living person needs additional citations for verification. (March 2018) (Learn how and when to remove this template message)
Sivan was Executive Director of the Coller Institute of Venture, Tel Aviv University. His research focus is on,[better source needed] innovation and venture ("Employment Black Holes")), mindful leadership (Orange Bike Workshop), virtual worlds (3D3C platforms), and knowledge age standards. In 2011 he was appointed Editor in Chief of "Journal of Virtual Worlds Research (JVWR)"  In 2009-2013, he was an Adjunct Senior Lecturer of the MBA program of Technion – Israel Institute of Technology, teaching such courses as "The Strategic Value of Information Technology." In 2009-2015, he was Professor & Program Head at Academic College of Tel Aviv, teaching courses in "Advance Applications in Virtual Worlds" and The Strategic Value of Information Technology." In 2013-2018: he served as Adjunct Professor at Tel Aviv University. In 2014-2016, he was a Visiting Professor at Hong Kong Polytechnic University for ExecMA level courses. In 2017, he was a Visiting Professor at Chinese University of Hong Kong at the Dept of Decision Sciences and Managerial Economics.
In his research on information technology, Sivan enumerates five different platforms for innovation: process, generative, ready-made, technological and "build-your-own" innovation platforms.
Sivan is the CEO and founder of i8 ventures.
- Sivan, Yesha (1996). Knowledge age standards: Present scope and potential use in education. Cambridge, MA: The Center for Information Policy Research, Harvard University, Division of Applied Sciences. ISBN 1-879716-31-3. Search this book on
- Sivan, Yesha (1998). From the MTV age to the LLL age:The story of a knowledge infrastructure for the education industry. Even Yehuda, Israel: Reches Publications. Search this book on
- Sivan, Yesha (2001). Nine keys to a knowledge infrastructure:A proposed analytic framework for organizational knowledge infrastructure. Cambridge, MA: The Center for Information Policy Research, Harvard University, Division of Applied Sciences. ISBN 1-879716-70-4. Search this book on
- Sivan, Yesha (2008). The next world: Second Life as an intro to the metaverse. Tel Aviv, Israel: Modan. Search this book on
- Sivan, Yesha (2013). 3D3C real virtual worlds 2010: Definition and visions for researchers. In Hebbel-Seeger, A. & Reiners, T. (Ed.), Synthetic worlds: Emerging technologies in education and economics. New York, NY: Springer. Search this book on
- Sivan, Yesha (2014). The venture ecosystem framework: messy, fast, and global six trends shaping the venture ecosystem in 2014. Coller Venture Review (CVR). Search this book on
- Sivan, Yesha & Even, Shmuel (2014). Managing intellectual property in the defense establishment: Opportunities and risks. Military and Strategic Affairs.CS1 maint: Multiple names: authors list (link) Search this book on
- Sivan, Yesha (2016). De-know-polization: Universities facing the de-monopolization of knowledge research, teaching and service. Coller Venture Review (CVR). Search this book on
- Sivan, Yesha & Heiferman, Raz (2016). The PIE model: How CInOs can Plan, Implement, and Evaluate business-driven "innovating innovating". Cutter IT Journal.CS1 maint: Multiple names: authors list (link) Search this book on
- Sivan, Y. (1999). Method for creating a knowledge map. Patent No. US 09/274,952.
- Sivan, Y. (1999). Substrate for dynamic map. [Design application]. Patent No. US 29/102,419.
- Sheaffer, G., Ur, S., Hirshberg, D., Sivan, Y., & Kaplan M., (2014). Remotely controlled crowd-sourced media capture. Patent No. US 20140218549 A1, WO 2014120244 A1 (Application via Intellectual Ventures).
This article "Yesha Sivan" is from Wikipedia. The list of its authors can be seen in its historical and/or the page Edithistory:Yesha Sivan. Articles copied from Draft Namespace on Wikipedia could be seen on the Draft Namespace of Wikipedia and not main one.