Lua error in Module:Effective_protection_level at line 16: attempt to index field 'FlaggedRevs' (a nil value).
|Edit this InfoBox|
|Parent(s)||Rehmat Khan (father)|
Salma Agha (mother)
|Relatives||See Agha–Khan family|
Zara Khan (formerly known as Sasha Agha Khan) is an Indian actress and singer, who has appeared in Hindi films. Born to the Agha–Khan family, she made her Bollywood debut with the 2013 film Aurangzeb.
Early life[edit | edit source]
Khan, was born to the Agha & Khan families, who have both excelled at both film and sports. Zara is the daughter of Pakistani squash player Rehmat Khan and singer/actress Salma Agha, being the granddaughter of Nasrullah Khan She has a younger brother, Liaqat Ali Khan, a gold medalist in badminton, one half-brother Tariq Khan, and two half-sisters Suraiya Khan and Natasha Khan (better known as Bat for Lashes, a British singer-songwriter).
Career[edit | edit source]
Acting[edit | edit source]
Agha made her film debut in Yash Raj's romantic thriller Aurangzeb, opposite Arjun Kapoor and Prithviraj Sukumaran. The film revolves around twin brothers, who find themselves caught in a quagmire of sex and lies. The Times of India wrote about Agha's performance, "Sasha is petite, pug-nosed, and has a nice figure. But her portrayal of the golden-hearted whore, like the one Parveen Babi played in Deewaar, is insipid." After her debut film, ‘Aurangzeb’, Zara recently played the lead character in a short film called “Khoj” which premiered at Cannes Film Festival's, Short Film corner.
Music[edit | edit source]
Khan's main vocal influence was her mother, who she said was "passionate about singing", and helped develop her interest in it. Her first recording, the song "Barbaadiyaan", appeared along with Ram Sampath in the 2013 film Aurangzeb.
In the media[edit | edit source]
Filmography[edit | edit source]
|2013||Aurangzeb||Ritu||Also playback singer for song "Barbaadiyaan"|
See also[edit | edit source]
Others articles of the Topic Bollywood : Akshay Kumar, Yogesh Dattatraya Gosavi, Sai Kalyankar, Saurav Gurjar, Ranu Mondal, Satyajit Ray, Marina Kuwar
Some use of "" in your query was not closed by a matching "".Some use of "" in your query was not closed by a matching "".
References[edit | edit source]
- Aurangzeb movie review: Wallpaper, Story, Trailer at Times of India. Timesofindia.indiatimes.com. Retrieved on 29 March 2014.
- "Interview for Harper's Bazaar". Retrieved 26 October 2013.
- DailyTube – Sashaa Agha – Wiki Article. Dailytube4u.com (29 July 2013). Retrieved on 29 March 2014.
- PHOTOS: Arjun Kapoor romances debutante Sasha Agha in Aurangzeb Photo Gallery, Picture News Gallery – The Indian Express. Archive.indianexpress.com. Retrieved on 29 March 2014.
- "Sasha Agha makes Arjun Kapoor jittery during lovemaking scene". NDTV. 29 November 2012.
- "Dubai girl Sasheh Aagha makes Bollywood debut". Gulf News. 13 May 2013.
- "Watch: 'Barbadiyaan', a club track from 'Aurangzeb' featuring Arjun Kapoor, Sasha Agha". indianexpress.com. Retrieved 15 September 2015.
- "FHM India's 100 Sexiest Women In The World 2013: The full list!". Retrieved 27 October 2013.
[edit | edit source]
This article "Zara Khan" is from Wikipedia. The list of its authors can be seen in its historical and/or the page Edithistory:Zara Khan. Articles copied from Draft Namespace on Wikipedia could be seen on the Draft Namespace of Wikipedia and not main one.