|Country of origin||United Kingdom|
Ōdio Records is an independent Electronic music Record label based in the United Kingdom that was founded by Michael Knight. Ōdio is focused on bringing the underground EDM artists to the forefront and providing a platform to release music on.
Ōdio Records released their aptly named debut Compilation album Issue 1 on January 1st. Issue 1 hosted tracks from underground artists such as Guillotine, Graphyt, Zetta, Whales, Nasko and many others as well. Trap music (EDM) artist Atik who hails from Athens, Greece also had his Trap song Spooky Syndrome included in here to show that the label was versatile and not limited to dubstep.
On January 15th, 2018, new label Ōdio Records blasts into the dubstep scene with the dynamic Chopper EP by Uk producer Guillotine. The dynamic of this EP shows that the label would have a promising future in the heavy bass music industry. Chopper starts off with the title tracks evocative intro sprinkled with a heavy bassline prior to the Glitch hop style drop. The second track, Slime, starts with an old-school Dubstep feel to it, before coming in with sounds that will appeal to old and new Dubstep fans alike. Take It Out brings a melodic introduction to enthrall the listener briefly before getting straight to the point with a fierce buildup. The project comes to a well-rounded end with Yoytoy that kept fans bobbing their heads for more.
Shortly following the Chopper EP on January 29th, Ōdio was back with another EP release, this time from label familiar BVSSIC. With the Tonedeath EP, the label started to receive more recognition for having releases that were of high quality and unique. Devil's Right Hand Man was the first track on the label to feature the vocals of UK rapper MagMag.
Following his track My Reality Ft. cluda on the Issue 1 compilation at the start of the year, Sekai is back with the first single from the label, titled Medicine. This Hybrid trap song was the second on the label to use vocals from rapper MagMag.
A week later, the second single, Lose Control, brought newcomer Redax to the label limelight. This track started to bring a lot more attention to the label as it racked up over 100,000 plays on the online music streaming platform SoundCloud. Dubstep artist Virtual Riot later on included this song in both his Rampage and Tomorrowland (festival) sets.
Later on in May, BVSSIC was back with his second EP release, this one titled Ignition EP. This experimental EP was nostalgic in that it brings the listener back to the early days of dubsteps inception. This EP continued to show that Ōdio was pushing the boundaries of dubstep due to the included elements of Riddim (EDM) and Hybrid trap.
The week following the release of the Ignition EP, Le Lion came back to release his third tracks and second single on Ōdio, Splxtsecond. Le Lion has been deemed as one of the most original dubstep producers in the underground scene as his tracks are unique and don't follow the typical dubstep formula everyone is used to.
By June, the producer from Germany, Redax, was back on Ōdio, but this time with his deput EP (Over The Top EP) for the label. Redax started gaining an impressive amount of support from the industry, including one of the more prominent Dubstep artists, Virtual Riot. The four track EP starts with solo tracks Over The Top & Turn It Up. The third track, Swamp, was a collaboration between Redax and Deaf Kev, Misfit Massacre and Nasko. Prior to the full release of the EP, EDM Blog site 'YourEDM' had featured the fourth and final track Taking Over You featuring vocals from artists LoOF. They chose to premiere this track as it had a different feel than the rest of the EP and was the only one to feature a vocalist.
Heavy Bass track Boneshaker by newcomer SEWS was featured by noiseporn for having a unique, inclusive and riveting sound. SEWS is a producer hailing from New Delhi, India that was drawn into EDM after he first heard the song Ghosts 'n' Stuff by producer Deadmau5. SEWS received inspiration from larger artists such as FuntCase, Zomboy, Skrillex & Flux Pavilion. Boneshaker's distinctive sound also contained elements of Trap music (EDM) and Bass house (music).
August saw the release of the labels second compilation Issue 2. This compilation included previous artists and new additions including Jarvis, Killrina and Sora to name a few. The Issue 2 compilation shows that Ōdio contains many talented artists and is a driving force behind the underground EDM scene.
On September 9th, label resident JOOL made his first appearance on Ōdio with Giza, the collaborative effort between himself and Whales. Before Giza, JOOL had a couple releases on Never Say Die: Black Label, as well as an official remix of the track Signal by LAXX on parent label Never Say Die Records. Giza is best described as "A collaboration among the middle east". A couple months later, JOOL released his debut EP with Ōdio, The Warrior EP. The Warrior EP opens with an intro full of Middle Eastern inspired sounds followed by his underground dubstep sound.
In the beginning of 2019, JOOL was back with his second EP release titled War EP. The War EP was featured by Bassrush upon release. JOOL was labelled as one of the 'Ones to Watch:19 For 2019' artists by UKF Music. JOOL is recognized for bringing strong Middle Eastern motifs and instrumentation that represent his homeland of Cairo, Egypt.
In February, Redax was back to release his next EP, Better Come Correct. The EP contains four tracks including collabs with Mr. Herms and Fentum as well as another partnership with vocalist LoOF.
Ōdio released the first of their Untapped compilation EP series in March of 2019. The Untapped series was created to showcase a collection of singles from underground artists that should be recognized for their hard work. BVSSIC was once again recognized as a driving force behind the underground with his unique and stand-out style. His track Untangled from the EP was featured on DLNW and garnered support from larger artists such as Figure (musician), Algo, Whales and Dion Timmer.
Bassrush once again featured Ōdio for bringing the sound of the underground to the forefront. This time, with their Issue 4 compilation. This release featured label veterans like Guillotine, Ablaze, Redax and Zetta, while also bringing in some newcomers such as Nosphere and Jiqui.
New Hampshire native Viperactive made his debut on the label with single Thrill. The single fits perfectly with the direction Ōdio has taken as it contains dark undertones as well as the hybrid qualities of dubstep and nu-psytrance basslines.
By the end of 2019, UKF Music had featured Ōdio Records again as one of their '19 For 2019: Labels' to watch out for. They were recognized for covering "the full spectrum of bass music and beyond with brazen uncategorizable fusions, hybrids and curve-balls." The label is renowned for pushing new artists into the spotlight such as Redax, JOOL, SEWS, BVSSIC & Spitfya with their high-quality creativity.
2020 has started off strong with the label releasing the single, How You Feel, by The Arcturians & hayve who have a combined total of over 200,000 monthly listeners on Spotify. On release day, How You Feel also received the premiere treatment from UKF Music. The single was played out at the Rainbow Six Siege Clash of Nations final on January 25/26th at Dreamhack Leipzig - one of the biggest Esports festivals in Europe.
- Ace Aura
- Le Lion
- Levi Walsh
- Misfit Massacre
- Pane Mua
- Tom The Freak
|2018||Various Artists||Issue 1||Compilation||1 January 2018||ODI001|
|Guillotine||Chopper EP||EP||15 January 2018||ODI002|
|BVSSIC||Tonedeath EP||EP||29 January 2018||ODI003|
|Sekai ft. MagMag||Medicine||Single||5 February 2018||ODI004|
|Redax||Lose Control||Single||12 February 2018||ODI005|
|Le Lion||Retro Funk||Single||19 February 2018||ODI006|
|Tryple & Our Enemies||The Monster||Single||26 February 2018||ODI007|
|Scarbelly||Infektion||Single||5 March 2018||ODI008|
|Zeneth ft. MagMag||Highlands||Single||19 March 2018||ODI009|
|Sora||Next Level||Single||26 March 2018||ODI010|
|Zikiel||Shockwave||Single||2 April 2018||ODI011|
|Various Artists||Issue 1 Remixes||Compilation||16 April 2018||ODI012|
|Dizrupt||The Void||Single||23 April 2018||ODI013|
|BVSSIC||Ignition EP||EP||7 May 2018||ODI014|
|Le Lion||Splxtsecond||Single||14 May 2018||ODI015|
|Pane Mua||Encounters||Single||21 May 2018||ODI016|
|Guillotine & BVSSIC||Poise||Single||28 May 2018||ODI017|
|Redax||Over The Top EP||EP||11 June 2018||ODI018|
|Spitfya||Apocalypse EP||EP||25 June 2018||ODI019|
|SEWS||Boneshaker||Single||1 July 2018||ODI020|
|Guillotine||Magnitude EP||EP||16 July 2018||ODI021|
|Zikiel & BVSSIC||Mad Orc||Single||23 July 2018||ODI022|
|Redax||Ridiculous||Single||30 July 2018||ODI023|
|Various Artists||Issue 2||Compilation||13 August 2018||ODI024|
|BVSSIC||Sardonic Sub EP||EP||27 August 2018||ODI025|
|Majoras Drep||Fifties||Single||3 September 2018||ODI026|
|Myamo & NoService||Slapdash||Single||10 September 2018||ODI027|
|JOOL & Whales||Giza||Single||17 September 2018||ODI028|
|Sora||Ghost Of Shinjuku EP||EP||1 October 2018||ODI029|
|SADGORILLAZ||A L L E R T||Single||8 October 2018||ODI030|
|Various Artists||Issue 2 Remixes||Compilation||22 October 2018||ODI031|
|JOOL||The Warrior EP||EP||5 November 2018||ODI032|
|BVSSIC||Artificial Idiocy EP||EP||19 November 2018||ODI033|
|Gohma & Misfit Massacre||Sarkha||Single||26 November 2018||ODI034|
|Various Artists||Odio 2018||Compilation||17 December 2018||ODI035|
|Various Artists||Issue 3||Compilation||31 December 2018||ODI036|
|2019||Zetta||The Ligma Enigma EP||EP||14 January 2019||ODI037|
|JOOL||War EP||EP||28 January 2019||ODI038|
|Le Lion||Flex EP||EP||11 February 2019||ODI039|
|Redax||Better Come Correct EP||EP||25 February 2019||ODI040|
|Various Artists||Untapped Vol. 1||Compilation||11 March 2019||ODI041|
|BVSSIC||Two-Faced EP||EP||25 March 2019||ODI042|
|Various Artists||Odio Remixes Vol. 1||Compilation||8 April 2019||ODI043|
|Ablaze||Supernova EP||EP||29 April 2019||ODI044|
|Pane Mua||Bipolar EP||EP||27 May 2019||ODI045|
|Various Artists||Untapped Vol. 2||Compilation||8 July 2019||ODI046|
|JOOL||Camel Toe EP||EP||22 July 2019||ODI047|
|Control Freak||Kabeedo / Phantoms||Single||12 August 2019||ODI048|
|Various Artists||Issue 4||Compilation||28 August 2019||ODI049|
|Exclusion||Dissect The Dead EP||EP||9 September 2019||ODI050|
|BVSSIC||Sub-Conscious EP||EP||23 September 2019||ODI051|
|SEWS||Grim Scythe EP||EP||7 October 2019||ODI052|
|Various Artists||Untapped Vol. 3||Compilation||22 October 2019||ODI053|
|Viperactive||Thrill||Single||2 December 2019||ODI054|
|Various Artists||Odio Remixes Vol. 2||Compilation||16 December 2019||ODI055|
|2020||Ablaze||Limit Break EP||EP||6 January 2020||ODI056|
|The Arcturians & hayve||How You Feel||Single||13 January 2020||ODI057|
|Various Artists||Untapped Vol. 4||Compilation||20 January 2020||ODI058|
|FALSE HERO||False God EP||EP||27 January 2020||ODI059|
|JOOL||Thunderstorm||Single||3 February 2020||ODI060|
|Guillotine||Goop EP||EP||10 February 2020||ODI061|
|Various Artists||Untapped Vol. 5||Compilation||17 February 2020||ODI062|
|BVSSIC||Idea of Evil EP||EP||24 February 2020||ODI063|
|Zetta||Evil and Beyond EP||EP||2 March 2020||ODI064|
|Kadaver||Catalyst||Single||9 March 2020||ODI065|
- Ōdio Records Official Website
- Ōdio Records Facebook
- Ōdio Records SoundCloud
- Ōdio Records Twitter
- Ōdio Records Discography
Others articles of the Topic Music : Roberto Lombardi (actor), Ray Vanderby, Navona Records, Death Valley Driver, The B.L.P., Marina Osman, Kamikaze (record label)
Others articles of the Topic United Kingdom : Thames British School Warsaw, Positive Money, Mathias le Fèvre, Guardian Monthly, Jack Anthony Isaacs, Primus (Transformers), James Grime
Some use of "" in your query was not closed by a matching "".Some use of "" in your query was not closed by a matching "".
- "Odio Records Releases on Beatport". www.beatport.com. Beatport. Retrieved 5 March 2020.
- Pal, Simrat. "Odio Records Brings In The Heat With Their Issue 2 Compilation". EDM.com. Retrieved 2020-03-05.
- "Odio Records (2)". Discogs. Retrieved 2020-03-05.
- "Issue 1 from Odio Records on Beatport". www.beatport.com. Retrieved 2020-03-11.
- Martino, Lucie (2015-12-04). "Spotlight on #4 : Atik". Le site français de référence sur l'actualité Bass Music par Stoner Music (in français). Retrieved 2020-03-11.
- Src="https://Secure.gravatar.com/Avatar/A4ba5fcb14e57195a4f87c64329cfbb6?s=20, <img; #038;d=mm; Hess, #038;r=g" width="20" height="20" alt="Avatar" class="avatar avatar-20 wp-user-avatar wp-user-avatar-20 photo avatar-default" />Robin (2018-01-03). "Trap Tuesday 003: Atik "Spooky Syndrome" & "Right Here" Remix". Respect My Region. Retrieved 2020-03-11.
- "Ōdio Records Smashes with Guillotine's 'Chopper' EP". Bassrush. 2018-01-15. Retrieved 2020-03-10.
- "BVSSIC – Tonedeath EP | dlnw. | Dance Like Nobody's Watching". dlnw. 2018-02-04. Archived from the original on 2018-02-04. Retrieved 2020-03-10.
- "Tonedeath EP from Odio Records on Beatport". www.beatport.com. Retrieved 2020-03-10.
- "Issue 1 from Odio Records on Beatport". www.beatport.com. Retrieved 2020-03-10.
- "Sekai – Medicine Ft. MagMag | dlnw. | Dance Like Nobody's Watching". dlnw. 2018-02-21. Archived from the original on 2018-02-21. Retrieved 2020-03-10.
- "Redax – Lose Control | dlnw. | Dance Like Nobody's Watching". dlnw. 2018-02-21. Archived from the original on 2018-02-21. Retrieved 2020-03-10.
- Redax - Lose Control, retrieved 2020-03-10
- "Redax – Same Mind | dlnw. | Dance Like Nobody's Watching". dlnw. 2019-05-04. Archived from the original on 2019-05-04. Retrieved 2020-03-11.
- "BVSSIC sets off with 'Ignition EP' | dlnw. | Dance Like Nobody's Watching". dlnw. 2018-05-31. Archived from the original on 2018-05-31. Retrieved 2020-03-10.
- "Le Lion Releases on Beatport". www.beatport.com. Retrieved 2020-03-10.
- "Le Lion – Splxtsecond | dlnw. | Dance Like Nobody's Watching". dlnw. 2018-05-31. Archived from the original on 2018-05-31. Retrieved 2020-03-10.
- "Redax Smashes Out on 'Over The Top' EP". Bassrush. 2018-06-13. Retrieved 2020-03-10.
- Meadow, Matthew (2018-06-06). "Your EDM Premiere: Redax - Taking Over You Ft. LoOF [Ōdio Records]". Your EDM. Retrieved 2020-03-05.
- "SEWS Becomes "Boneshaker" in Heavy Original on Odio Records". Retrieved 2020-03-05.
- "Issue 2 from Odio Records on Beatport". www.beatport.com. Retrieved 2020-03-11.
- Pal, Simrat. "JOOL & Whales Releases A Stunning Tune "Giza" On Odio Records". EDM.com. Retrieved 2020-03-05.
- "The Warrior EP from Odio Records on Beatport". www.beatport.com. Retrieved 2020-03-11.
- "JOOL Aims for Destruction on 'Warrior' EP". Bassrush. 2018-11-05. Retrieved 2020-03-11.
- "BVSSIC Releases on Beatport". www.beatport.com. Retrieved 2020-03-11.
- Cihak, Lennon (2018-11-26). "BVSSIC denounces 'Artificial Idiocy' in cynical EP". EARMILK. Retrieved 2020-03-11.
- "Jool Releases on Beatport". www.beatport.com. Retrieved 2020-03-11.
- "JOOL Resurfaces with 'War' EP". Bassrush. 2019-01-28. Retrieved 2020-03-11.
- Jenkins, Dave (2019-01-31). "Ones To Watch: 19 For 2019". UKF. Retrieved 2020-03-05.
- "Better Come Correct EP from Odio Records on Beatport". www.beatport.com. Retrieved 2020-03-11.
- "Untapped Vol. 1 from Odio Records on Beatport". www.beatport.com. Retrieved 2020-03-11.
- "BVSSIC – Untangled [DLNW Premiere] | dlnw. | Dance Like Nobody's Watching". dlnw. 2019-05-04. Archived from the original on 2019-05-04. Retrieved 2020-03-11.
- "Ōdio Records Flexes with 'Issue 4' Compilation". Bassrush. 2019-08-29. Retrieved 2020-03-11.
- "Thrill from Odio Records on Beatport". www.beatport.com. Retrieved 2020-03-11.
- TONELOW. "Viperactive unleashes "Thrill" just in time for your New Years Eve playlists". Retrieved 2020-03-11.
- Jenkins, Dave (2019-12-19). "19 For 2019: Labels". UKF. Retrieved 2020-03-05.
- "The Arcturians". Spotify. Retrieved 2020-03-05.
- "hayve". Spotify. Retrieved 2020-03-05.
- "The Arcturians & hayve - How You Feel". UKF. Retrieved 2020-03-05.
- "Daily Playlists | Ubisoft & Players Republik Submission Contest Winner". Daily Playlists. Retrieved 2020-03-05.
- "Odio Records Releases on Beatport". www.beatport.com. Retrieved 2020-03-11.
This article "Ōdio Records" is from Wikipedia. The list of its authors can be seen in its historical and/or the page Edithistory:Ōdio Records. Articles copied from Draft Namespace on Wikipedia could be seen on the Draft Namespace of Wikipedia and not main one.