|Founded||January 10, 2017Odessa, Ukrainein|
Number of employees
AcademyOcean is a software as a service company and developer of an online academy builder which helps businesses streamline their user onboarding and customer education processes. It was founded in 2017 by Vladimir Polo after pivoting his previous startup.
History[edit | edit source]
AcademyOcean was founded by Vladimir Polo in January 2017 as a startup within Netpeak Agency (now Netpeak Group), the biggest SEO agency in Eastern Europe.: During the pre-launch stage, the founder conducted market research and proof of concept before committing to building a full development team for the project.
In early 2017 a team of 4 people started working on the project
- CEO and Founder
- Chief Technical Officer
- UI and UX Designer
- QA and Support Specialist
By the end of 2017, AcademyOcean had learners from 100 countries across all online academies.
In 2018 AcademyOcean expands its marketing department and launches the company blog.
2019 began with another milestone — AcademyOcean reached 40,000 learners from 160 countries and started building a dedicated sales team.
Services and Academies[edit | edit source]
AcademyOcean provides businesses with a tool to educate users and customers about their products and services. The academy builder is cloud-based and allows AcademyOcean users to create online courses and lessons on any topic. Academies can be designed as an internal company resource, but there are also publicly available academies powered by AcademyOcean:
Y Combinator Startup School[edit | edit source]
The learning group consisted of 22 companies from eight countries: Ukraine, Russia, Belarus, Turkey, Romania, Israel, Greece, and Uganda.
The most active companies of the group were: AcademyOcean, Boxifier, Coorpa, Covert Wireless Communications (CWC), Lung Passport, HomeSlice, KickCity, Metatask, MyZyng, Nopono, Radario, Rainbow, Sockam, Sporteventus, Local Panda, XOR.
The group's mentor was Vishal Joshi from Joy.
International Conferences[edit | edit source]
AcademyOcean is a regular sponsor of 8P Marketing Conference in Ukraine.
AcademyOcean is a partner and regular attendee of the annual SaaS Nation conference — the first SaaS conference in Ukraine.
Awards and Recognition[edit | edit source]
AcademyOcean was featured in Nathan Latka's podcast The Top, Episode 1205, in which he interviewed AcademyOcean's CEO Vladimir Polo about the roots, development, and future of his startup.
AcademyOcean is listed by Rude Baguette as one of the promising SaaS startups of 2019.
Company Culture[edit | edit source]
AcademyOcean's team collects lighthouse models and created a notebook sticker pack with lighthouses from different parts of the world.
The company's website uses the image of a lighthouse to symbolize capturing the attention and bringing in clients.
External Links[edit | edit source]
References[edit | edit source]
- Latka, Nathan. "Netpeak is the biggest SEO agency in Eastern Europe". Entrepreneur. Retrieved 25 February 2019.
- "The journey of a startup: How we create SaaS for SaaS in stealth mode". Medium. Vladimir Polo. 2018-01-03. Retrieved 1 March 2019.
- "AcademyOcean Blog Launch". AcademyOcean. Retrieved 25 February 2019.
- "How my 10 weeks at Y Combinator's online startup school were like". TechInAsia. Retrieved 25 February 2019.
- "8P Conference Sponsors". 8P.ua. Retrieved 25 February 2019.
- "SaaS Nation Partners". SaaS Nation. Retrieved 26 February 2019.
- "UKRAINIANS AT WEB SUMMIT 2018". outsourcingreview.org. Retrieved 25 February 2019.
- "First SaaStr Europa conference. Attendee experience". netpeak.net. Retrieved 25 February 2019.
- "SaaStr Annual FAQ". saastrannual.com. Retrieved 25 February 2019.
- "History of Product Hunt". Product Hunt. Retrieved 26 February 2019.
- "The Top 20 Customer Success Software". G2 Crowd. Retrieved 25 February 2019.
- "The Top podcast Episode 1205". Nathan Latka. 2018-11-11. Retrieved 26 February 2019.
- "10 Promising SaaS Startups to look out for in 2019". rudebaguette.com. 2018-12-27. Retrieved 25 February 2019.
- "How to Convert & Close Sales Demo Requests [Data]". hubspot.com. Retrieved 25 February 2019.
- "1000 Demo Requests". academyocean.com. Retrieved 25 February 2019.
- "November'18 Update". AcademyOcean. Retrieved 26 February 2019.
This article "AcademyOcean" is from Wikipedia. The list of its authors can be seen in its historical and/or the page Edithistory:AcademyOcean. Articles copied from Draft Namespace on Wikipedia could be seen on the Draft Namespace of Wikipedia and not main one.