|Born||November 4, 1994 (age 24)|
Scunthorpe, North Lincolnshire, England
Adam Fitch is an English esports journalist and writer. Writing for publications such as Red Bull., Dot Esports, GINX Esports TV, and Unikrn, he was nominated for 'Reporter of the Year' at the UK Esports Awards in July 2018 and is known for providing extensive coverage of the industry at large and PUBG - because of the latter, he was appointed as the PUBG Adviser for the British Esports Association, a not-for-profit national body established in 2016 to promote esports in the UK.
Career[edit | edit source]
Adam Fitch started writing about the esports industry in January 2018 when he entered a trial with esports business news, media, and events company Esports Insider. Covering the industry at large, Adam published around 700 articles for the publication in his first year - covering a plethora of investments, partnerships, sponsorships, and tournament details.
Over the course of his journalism career, Adam has continued to build up a roster of publications where he would write a variety of content. From acting as the Weekend Editor for ESforce property Cybersport.com to writing topical feature pieces for GINX Esports TV. He has also had his work published on publications such as Red Bull, Unikrn, The Players' Lobby, VPEsports, and Inven Global.
Adam's first notable exclusive report was regarding a delay in PUBG Corp. and StarLadder's PUBG Europe League. Published in February 2019, the report enlightened fans about why the competition had yet to be launched in the midst of radio silence from its organisers. On May 14th, he provided an update on Immortals' bid on for OpTic Gaming's parent company, Infinite Esports & Entertainment which resulted in the topic going viral. A follow-up report came from Adam on May 18th regarding the situation with Infinite Esports & Entertainment, revealing that its purchase by Immortals was imminent. These reports were picked up by a number of prevalent publications.
Adam also has a podcast series that is hosted on YouTube, Spotify, Apple Podcasts, and Google Podcasts, among others platforms. He shares his informed thoughts on a number of topics, and occasionally has industry figures on too where a more well-rounded discussion is required on a certain topic.
Appearances[edit | edit source]
Adam has made guest appearances on podcasts and video series, including two appearances on production company UGC's series, The Reload Podcast; namely, PUBG StarSeries & i-League Season 2 Finals and VAC Ban Wave & Blast Pro Series Preview. Adam appeared on The Richard Lewis Show on June 7th, discussing the situation surrounding the sale of Infinite Esports & Entertainment.
References[edit | edit source]
- "Pro PUBG players sound off on what changes Erangel needs". www.redbull.com. 2019-04-19. Retrieved 2019-05-11.
- "The pros give us the rundown on what changes Erangel needs". Red Bull. Retrieved 2019-05-11.
- "G2 Esports helped Ubisoft make Lion viable". Red Bull. Retrieved 2019-05-11.
- "Adam Fitch Profile". Dot Esports. Retrieved 2019-05-11.
- "Adam Fitch, Author at GINX Esports TV | The Home of Esports on TV". GINX Esports TV | The Home of Esports on TV. Retrieved 2019-05-11.
- "Latest Esports News and Event Coverage – Unikrn News". unikrn.com. Retrieved 2019-05-11.
- "UK Esports Awards finalists revealed". UK Esports Awards. Retrieved 2019-05-25.
- Sacco, Dom (July 3, 2018). "UK Esports Awards 2018 Finalists". Esports News UK.
- "British Esports appoints PUBG game adviser". British Esports Association. 2018-07-30. Retrieved 2019-05-11.
- "Cybersport.com". web.archive.org. 2018-12-30. Retrieved 2019-05-11.
- "Fortnite's Summer Skirmish was a Failure, and it's Not Surprising". VPEsports. Retrieved 2019-05-11.
- "InvenGlobal - Esports First". www.invenglobal.com. Retrieved 2019-05-11.
- Fitch, Adam (2019-02-11). "Sources: PUBG Europe League delayed until March". Esports Insider. Retrieved 2019-05-11.
- Fitch, Adam (2019-05-14). "Sources: Immortals close to purchasing Infinite Esports & Entertainment". Esports Insider. Retrieved 2019-05-14.
- Fitch, Adam (2019-05-18). "Sources: Infinite Esports & Entertainment purchase is imminent". Esports Insider. Retrieved 2019-05-18.
- "Immortals Reportedly Close to Purchasing OpTic Gaming, Infinite". Unikrn News. 2019-05-14. Retrieved 2019-06-07.
- "OpTic Gaming vs. Infinite Esports: The story so far | GINX Esports TV". GINX Esports TV | The Home of Esports on TV. 2019-06-03. Retrieved 2019-06-07.
- "OpTic CEO Hector Rodriguez to discuss potential future with Immortals". upcomer.com. Retrieved 2019-06-07.
- "Immortals Gaming Club Reportedly Close to Buying Optic Gaming". Twin Galaxies. Retrieved 2019-06-07.
- "Adam Fitch". YouTube. Retrieved 2019-05-25.
- F-Bomb, retrieved 2019-05-25
- "F-Bomb on Apple Podcasts". Apple Podcasts. Retrieved 2019-05-25.
- Fitch, Adam. "Google Podcasts - F-Bomb". Google Podcasts. Retrieved 2019-05-25.
- "The Reload Podcast on Apple Podcasts". Apple Podcasts. Retrieved 2019-05-11.
- Richard Lewis (2019-06-11), Live Stream: Talking Infinite & OpTic w/ Adam Fitch, retrieved 2019-06-11
This article "Adam Fitch" is from Wikipedia. The list of its authors can be seen in its historical and/or the page Edithistory:Adam Fitch. Articles copied from Draft Namespace on Wikipedia could be seen on the Draft Namespace of Wikipedia and not main one.