|Industry||Search Engine Optimization|
|Founder 👔||Dmitry Gerasimenko|
Area served 🗺️
Number of employees
Ahrefs is a Software as a Service company based in Singapore that offers an all-in-one SEO toolset. It was founded by Dmitry Gerasimenko in 2010. The company operates web crawler AhrefsBot and provides data to analyze both organic and paid results in search engines.
Ahrefs' main tool, Site Explorer, is used to analyze backlinks and search traffic of any website or URL. It allows users to uncover new link building and keyword opportunities and reverse-engineer SEO tactics that work for their competitors.
In 2010, the founding team started working on a web crawling and indexing system. It was developed into the paid service focused on link analysis in 2011.
In 2017, Ahrefs launched Site Audit, a tool that crawls websites and generates reports on SEO issues.
As of 2018, the company reported $40M of annual recurring revenue with 60% annual growth rate, a team of less than 50 people and no external capital.
Search engine development
In 2019, Gerasimenko announced Ahrefs would be building a search engine to compete with Google. The main differentiator would be a focus on privacy similar to DuckDuckGo and profit sharing, with 90% of profits would go to publishers of the indexed content.Reactions to the announcement were generally positive. Some search marketers expressed skepticism due to the focus on the search engine's publishers rather than users.
- Enge, Eric. The Art of SEO : Mastering Search Engine Optimization. Spencer, Stephan M., Stricchiola, Jessie (Third ed.). Sebastopol, CA. ISBN 978-1-4919-0365-0. OCLC 918941284. Search this book on
- Marvin, Rob. "Ahrefs Review". PCMAG. Retrieved 2020-05-22. Unknown parameter
- "A Closer Look at the Most Active Good Bots | Imperva". Blog. 2017-02-08. Retrieved 2020-05-14.
- Young, Will. "TurboTax Is Still Tricking Customers With Tax Prep Ads That Misuse the Word "Free"". ProPublica. Retrieved 2020-07-24.
- Wright, Matt D. (2017-07-12). "5 essentials to help beat your competitors at SEO". The Telegraph. ISSN 0307-1235. Retrieved 2020-05-22.
- Rigg, Christian (2020-03-11). "Ahrefs SEO platform review". TechRadar. Retrieved 2020-07-23. Unknown parameter
- "Ukrainian Dmitry Gerasimenko created Ahrefs service: now it earns millions and competes with Google". AIN.UA. 2019-05-30. Retrieved 2020-05-14.
- Virtanen, Pinja (2020-07-23). "How Ahrefs does SEO: 7 unconventional lessons in product-led content marketing". Supermetrics. Retrieved 2020-07-23. Unknown parameter
- McGovern, Scott (2019-02-13). "7 Best SEO Tools to Help You Rank Higher in Google". Entrepreneur. Retrieved 2020-05-14.
- "Inside Ahrefs: one of the world's most efficient companies". Nathan Barry. 2019-05-06. Retrieved 2020-05-14.
- "Ahrefs, SEO toolset provider, to build their own search engine to compete with Google". Search Engine Land. 2019-03-27. Retrieved 2020-05-14.
- Montti, Roger (2019-03-27). "Ahrefs Announces Plan for New Search Engine". Search Engine Journal. Retrieved 2020-05-14. Unknown parameter
This article "Ahrefs" is from Wikipedia. The list of its authors can be seen in its historical and/or the page Edithistory:Ahrefs. Articles copied from Draft Namespace on Wikipedia could be seen on the Draft Namespace of Wikipedia and not main one.