|Battlestar Galactica character|
|File:BSG Alex Quartararo.JPG|
Sam Witwer as Lt. j.g. Alex "Crashdown" Quartararo in "Kobol's Last Gleaming, Part 1
|Portrayed by||Sam Witwer|
|Title||Lieutenant Junior Grade|
Search Alex Quartararo on Amazon.
Alex Quartararo (callsign "Crashdown") is a fictional character in the reimagined Battlestar Galactica series, portrayed by Sam Witwer. His real name, while not given in the series, is Alex Quartararo.
Crashdown is a refugee from the Battlestar Triton who begins serving as Sharon "Boomer" Valerii's electronic countermeasures officer (ECO) on the Battlestar Galactica after she leaves Karl "Helo" Agathon on Caprica. He resents the fact Valerii seems to compare him unfavorably to Agathon. Over time, their antagonism matures into a more good-natured teasing.
Crashdown is involved in a romantic relationship with Ensign Davis, a junior officer on the Galactica.
Crashdown is a member of a three-Raptor survey party sent to examine the planet Kobol. The Cylons destroy one Raptor above Kobol and severely damage the one carrying Crashdown; the third escapes back to Galactica. The pilot of Crashdown's Raptor is killed; he crash-lands the ship on the planet's surface. Crashdown takes charge of the survivors as they await rescue, but in the stress of the situation makes several bad decisions, resulting in the death of two of his men.
The survivors learn Cylon Centurions are planning to shoot down their rescue ship. Crashdown organizes a counterattack, but bungles the planning, and his squad loses faith in him. This, combined with the stress he is under, cause him to become increasingly hostile and unstable. When the time comes to attack the Cylons, the team is convinced they're heading into a suicide mission. Chief Tyrol openly refuses Crashdown's orders, and Cally is too scared to move. Crashdown snaps and threatens to execute Cally unless she follows orders. Dr. Baltar saves her life by shooting Crashdown in the back, killing him. Upon being rescued, Baltar claims Crashdown died leading the charge into battle and should be honored as a hero.
- Crashdown's real name of Alex Quartararo was confirmed by Battlestar Galactica writer-producer Bradley Thompson on the Battlestar Wiki.
- Crashdown's original Battlestar Triton crew patch can be seen on his flight suit in "33". (Photo: Image:Tritonpatch_33.JPG)
- Sam Witwer was billed in the secondary credits during the first season, and was changed to a guest star in the episode "Scattered".
Other articles of the topic Novels : Killing Time in St. Cloud, Crafthalls of Pern, Cimmeria (Conan), Anti-Ice, Answers In Simulation, The Sublimed, Meg: Primal Waters
Some use of "" in your query was not closed by a matching "".Some use of "" in your query was not closed by a matching "".
- List of Battlestar Galactica (2004 television series) episodes
- List of Battlestar Galactica characters
- "33". Battlestar Galactica (2004 TV series).
- "The Hand of God". Battlestar Galactica (2004 TV series).
- "Water". Battlestar Galactica (2004 TV series).
- "Kobol's Last Gleaming". Battlestar Galactica (2004 TV series).
- "Scattered". Battlestar Galactica (2004 TV series).
- "Valley of Darkness". Battlestar Galactica (2004 TV series).
- "Fragged". Battlestar Galactica (2004 TV series).
- Alex Quartararo at the Battlestar Wiki
This article "Alex Quartararo" is from Wikipedia. The list of its authors can be seen in its historical and/or the page Edithistory:Alex Quartararo. Articles copied from Draft Namespace on Wikipedia could be seen on the Draft Namespace of Wikipedia and not main one.