|Edit this InfoBox|
Andrzejewski speaking at Big Omaha 2010
|Occupation||User experience designer, entrepreneur|
Alexa Andrzejewski is an American user experience designer and entrepreneur. She is best known as the co-founder and CEO of Foodspotting, an app that allows users to socially share their food photographs. She was named to Inc.'s 2011 list of "30 Under 30" and to Forbes' 2012 "30 Under 30: Food and Wine" list.
Andrzejewski (née Weber) had an interest in technology from a young age, learning to reprogram her childhood computer at eight years old and design websites for local businesses by the time she was in junior high school.
After graduating from college, Andrzejewski joined a design firm called Adaptive Path in San Francisco, California. In 2009, Andrzejewski was inspired to launch Foodspotting, an app that allows users to socially share their food photographs, after being unable to find the Japanese dish okonomiyaki in San Francisco. She began the project alongside programmer Ted Grubb and social media strategist Soraya Darabi. Billed as a "visual guide to food," the app allows users to enter their city and a type of food to get photos showing local restaurants that carry the dish. Since its launch, the service has been named to Time's list of 50 Best Websites of 2010 and featured at Facebook's f8 conference.
- Dembosky, April (November 23, 2011). "Billion dollar brains". Financial Times. ISSN 0307-1766. Retrieved October 4, 2016. (subscription required)
- Lagorio-Chafkin, Christine (June 27, 2016). "Alexa Andrzejewksi, Soraya Darabi, and Ted Grubb, Founders of Foodspotting". Inc. Retrieved October 4, 2016.
- Bonnington, Christina (February 1, 2012). "Foodspotting App Adds Dish Recommendations to the Menu". Wired. Retrieved June 17, 2018.
- Vartanian, Varci (April 5, 2012). "Start-up Success Stories: Alexa Andrzejewski of Foodspotting". The Muse. Retrieved October 4, 2016.
- "50 Best Websites 2010". Time. August 25, 2010. ISSN 0040-781X. Retrieved October 4, 2016.
- Women 2.0. "Foodspotting Founder and CEO Alexa Andrzejewski Virtually Only Woman Onstage at Facebook Developer Conference". Forbes. Retrieved September 23, 2011.
- "OpenTable will pay $10 million for Foodspotting app". Reuters. January 29, 2013. Retrieved June 17, 2018.
- Agarwal, Rajat (January 29, 2013). "OpenTable will finally enter the 21st Century with its buy-up of Foodspotting". VentureBeat. Retrieved June 17, 2018.
- Howard, Caroline; Noer, Michael, eds. (December 17, 2012). "30 Under 30: Food & Wine". Forbes. Retrieved June 17, 2018.
This article "Alexa Andrzejewski" is from Wikipedia. The list of its authors can be seen in its historical and/or the page Edithistory:Alexa Andrzejewski. Articles copied from Draft Namespace on Wikipedia could be seen on the Draft Namespace of Wikipedia and not main one.