All Those Small Things
|All Those Small Things|
|Directed by||Andrew Hyatt|
|Produced by||Rich Cowan|
|Written by||Andrew Hyatt|
Aaron Dalla Villa
|Music by||Sean Johnson|
|Edited by||Travis Berry|
Rebel Kat Productions
North by Northwest Entertainment
Chi Rho Films
|Distributed by||Moonstone Entertainment|
Search All Those Small Things on Amazon.
All Those Small Things is a 2021 American drama film written and directed by Andrew Hyatt and starring James Faulkner, Kerry Knuppe and Aaron Dalla Villa.
After the recent death of a close friend, Jonathan Robbins, a British game show host, searches for a deeper meaning for his life when he travels to the United States after receiving a letter from a young fan.
- James Faulkner as Jonathan Robbins
- Kerry Knuppe as Ruby
- Aaron Dalla Villa as Dennis aka "Tiny Hammer"
- Gloria Laino as Alice
- Lacy Hartselle as Svetlana
- Cliff Parisi as Nick
- David Robb as David
- Nigel Betts as Spencer
- Jim Meskimen as Brian
- Andrew Bricknell as Michael
- Nike Imoru as TV Producer
- Obadiah Freeman as Benjamin
- Joe Hartzler as Gene
- David S. Hogan as Artie
- Kate Vita as Katie
- John Forbes as Sonny
- Sharva Maynard as Amanda
- Linette Beaumont as Dorothy
- Chris Hansen as Stoner Dude
- Jinny Ryann as Party Girl
- Afaria Duke as Party Guy
- John Paulsen as Cowboy
- D.R. Anderson as Cowboy #2
- Charles Talley as Cowboy #3
Development and pre-production
Executive producers Nike Imoru and Rebecca Petriello optioned the script in 2018 after being intrigued by its themes of age and aging, with hopes that audiences would relate to the protagonist's journey, and the story's message that changing "“just one life for the better” can lead to radical and transformative shifts in ourselves." On August 13, 2019, the Board of Directors at Washington Filmworks' Local Lens Program gave approval to have the film shot in the state. On November 15, 2019, James Faulkner was cast in the lead role of Jonathan Robbins, marking his second collaboration with writer and director Andrew Hyatt.
Post-production work on the film was done remotely due to the COVID-19 pandemic.
On November 5, 2020, Moonstone Entertainment acquired the world sales rights to the film ahead of that year's virtual edition of the American Film Market. It held its world premiere virtually at the Seattle International Film Festival on April 8, 2021.
The film, as of April 14, 2021, received mixed reviews from critics. Stefan Milne of Seattle Met was mixed about the film, writing that "It doesn’t know quite where it is, or what it is. Its depiction of small-town Washington trades in the broadest of caricatures, which then veer dully into tropes of rural authenticity (everyone turns out to be kindhearted and generous). The comedy doesn’t land, and the drama—even in Faulkner’s able hands—skews tired and maudlin." Josiah Teal of Film Threat praised Faulkner and Knuppe's performances but criticized the uneven tone of the film, citing the characterization of Villa's "Tiny Hammer" as one of the main reasons. He went on to add that it was "an uplifting film about finding your place in the world. If you're a fan of the genre or want to see a solid Jonathan Faulkner performance outside of Westeros, this is a solid watch."
- Davis, Ryan (April 8, 2021). "James Faulkner stars in Spokane-set drama ALL THOSE SMALL THINGS". Seattle, WA Patch. Unknown parameter
- Milne, Stefan (March 24, 2021). "Seattle International Film Festival's 2021 Lineup Is Here". Seattle Met. Unknown parameter
- "All Those Small Things". Seattle International Film Festival. Unknown parameter
- Davis, Ryan (April 9, 2021). "James Faulkner stars in new drama ALL THOSE SMALL THINGS, making world premiere at Seattle Int'l Film Fest". Screen Anarchy. Unknown parameter
- "Washington Filmworks Approves 'All Those Small Things' as Part of Local Lens Program". Washington Filmworks. August 13, 2019. Unknown parameter
- N'Duka, Amanda (November 15, 2019). "James Faulkner To Star In 'All Those Small Things'; 'Die In A Gunfight' Adds Wade Allain Marcus; Lois Robbins In 'The Virgin Of Highland Park'". Deadline Hollywood. Unknown parameter
- Tinsley, Jesse (December 2, 2019). "'All Those Small Things' being filmed in Spokane". The Spokesman-Review. Unknown parameter
- Richings, James (January 15, 2020). "Hollywood comes to Marlow as film crew spotted in town". Bucks Free Press. Unknown parameter
- "Executive Producers". All Those Small Things. Unknown parameter
- Wiseman, Andreas (November 5, 2020). "UK COVID Supervisor Training Program; 'All Those Small Things' Sales Deal; 'The Tunnel' U.S. Deal; Rachel Nichols Casting — Global Briefs". Deadline Hollywood. Unknown parameter
- Macdonald, Moira (April 8, 2021). "6 films with Washington state ties now showing at SIFF 2021". The Seattle Times. Unknown parameter
- Wong, Nia (April 12, 2021). "'All Those Small Things,' film shot in Spokane, debuts at Seattle Film Festival". KXLY.com. Unknown parameter
- Milne, Stefan (April 10, 2021). "SIFF 2021 Reviews: Potato Dreams of America, All Sorts, All Those Small Things". Seattle Met. Unknown parameter
- Teal, Josiah (April 12, 2021). "ALL THOSE SMALL THINGS". Film Threat. Unknown parameter
This article, All Those Small Things, has recently been created via the Articles for creation process. The reviewer is in the process of closing the request, and this tag should be removed soon.
Script error: No such module "AfC submission catcheck".
This article "All Those Small Things" is from Wikipedia. The list of its authors can be seen in its historical and/or the page Edithistory:All Those Small Things. Articles copied from Draft Namespace on Wikipedia could be seen on the Draft Namespace of Wikipedia and not main one.