Rio de Janeiro, Brazil
|Performance art, Sculpture, Video art|
Search Angela Freiberger on Amazon.
Angela Freiberger (born 1953) is a Brazilian artist from Rio de Janeiro. She is best known for works that emphasize the relation between sculpture and performance.
In 1976, she received a Bachelor of Arts from the School of Fine Arts at the Federal University of Rio de Janeiro (UFRJ). In 1987 she studied computer graphics at the University of California in Los Angeles. In the early 1990s she lived in Italy and Portugal where she learned to sculpt in marble. In 2007 she earned an MFA from Stony Brook University, New York.
Exhibitions and performances
Freiberger was included in the Sixth Havana Biennial in 1997, the First Prospect New Orleans Biennial in 2008 and the Second Bronx Biennial at the Bronx Museum of the Arts, New York in 2010. Her installation Collection of Urinals (2001), was shown at Rio de Janeiro’s Centro Cultural Oduvaldo Vianna Filho in 2002.
She was a reperformer in Marina Abramovic's show "The Artist is Present" at the Museum of Modern Art in 2009.
Works in permanent collections
Freiberger’s work is part of the João Sattamini collection at Museu de Arte Contemporânea de Niterói in Rio de Janeiro and the Gilberto Chateaubriand collection at the Museum of Modern Art, Rio de Janeiro.
Fellowships and residencies
Freiberger received the Senior Fellowship from the Terra Foundation for American Art in 2010.
- Cultural, Instituto Itaú. "Angela Freiberger". Enciclopédia Itaú Cultural (in português). Retrieved 2020-08-08.
- "6th Biennial of Havana: Artists". universes-in-universe. Retrieved 2020-07-04.
- "Second Bronx Latin American Art Biennial". Bronx Hispanic Festival. Retrieved 8 July 2020.
- Carvalho, Denise (April 2005). "Focus: Angela Freiberger". Sculpture. Retrieved 2020-07-04.
- Biesenbach, Klaus (2010). Marina Abramović: The Artist is Present. The Museum of Modern Art. p. 11. ISBN 978-0-87070-747-6. Search this book on
- "Exposição 'Arte Contemporânea Brasileira – Coleções João Sattamini e MAC-Niterói'" [Exhibition ‘Brazilian contemporary art - João Sattamini Collection’ at the Niterói Museum of Contemporary Art]. City of Niterói cultural affairs website (in português). May 2009. Retrieved 2020-07-07.
- "O Espírito de Nossa Época - Museu de Arte Moderna do Rio de Janeiro - 2001". Encyclopedia Itau Cultural. Retrieved 2020-07-07. Unknown parameter
- "Terra Summer Residency 10 year anniversary brochure" (PDF). Terra Foundation for American Art. p. 6. Retrieved 2020-07-07. Unknown parameter
- "Exhibition Cosmopolitan Stranger, HDI 2, Hasselt". Hotel de Inmigrantes. Unknown parameter
- "Grace Exhibition Space | Live Performance Art in New York City". www.grace-exhibition-space.com. Retrieved 2020-09-07.
This article "Angela Freiberger" is from Wikipedia. The list of its authors can be seen in its historical and/or the page Edithistory:Angela Freiberger. Articles copied from Draft Namespace on Wikipedia could be seen on the Draft Namespace of Wikipedia and not main one.