|Born||17 November 1982|
|🏫 Education||Masters in Philosophy Maharishi Dayanand University|
|🏅 Awards||Miss Haryana 2000|
Anjali Phougat (born 17 November 1982) is an Indian fashion designer, filmmaker, and celebrity stylist. She founded a clothing brand 'Designer Dream Collection'. In 2021, her debut film Inclusion Through Unity won the best short film award at the Cannes Film Festival.[not in citation given][disputed ] She was crowned Miss Haryana in 2000. In 2022, Phougat was listed in The Times of India 40 Under 40 Achiever awards.
Phougat was born in Haryana, India in 1982 but she moved to Ohio, United States. Her father, Kesar Lal Dhingra, was a bank manager and her mother, Neelam Dhingra, a housewife. She attended the Model School and DAV Public in Rohtak, India and went on to study for a master's degree in philosophy and computer science from Maharishi Dayanand University.
Phougat started sketching her designs when she was 16 years old but started her career in the fashion industry in 2000 when she won the Miss Haryana title. As a fashion designer and stylist she has worked with models such as Harnaaz Kaur Sandhu, Mannara Chopra, Somy Ali, Ashmit Patel and actress Manya Pathak at events including Miss Universe, New York Fashion Week, Designer Dream Collection fashion shows, Cannes Film Festival Red Carpet and Columbus Fashion Week. Sandhu wore Anjali's designs at Miss Universe Philippines, New York Fashion Week and Miss USA.
In 2021, the two-minute film Inclusion Through Unity directed by Alex Rogers which Anjali wrote, produced and acted in won the "Best Short Shot" award at the Global Short Film Awards which takes place in Cannes at the same time as the Cannes Film Festival.[disputed ]
In 2022 she won the Times 40 Under 40 Achievers Award.
- Service, Tribune News. "Self-love is important, says celebrity talk show host Anjali Phougat". Tribuneindia News Service. Retrieved 2022-12-09.
- Stark, Anna (2022-05-20). "Cannes 2022: Fashion Designer Anjali Phougat Reveals the Story behind Blue Feather Gown worn by Actress Manya Pathak on Red Carpet". Vents Magazine.
- Phougat, Anjali (July 22, 2021). "Designer Anjali Phougat's short film gets recognition at the Cannes Film Festival - Times of India". The Times of India (Interview). Interviewed by Amrita Prasad. Retrieved 2022-11-04.
- Phougat, Anjali (2021-08-27). "Empowering through inclusivity". Deccan Chronicle (Interview). Interviewed by Sashidhar Adivi. Retrieved 2022-11-04.
- "Anjali Phougat DDC founder honored with times 40 under 40 achievers Award". Dunya News. Retrieved 2022-12-09.
- Sharma, Vikram (November 18, 2021). "Anjali Phougat | Indian fashion designer | Miss Haryana". The Global Indian (Interview). Retrieved 2022-11-04.
- "Celebrity designer Anjali Phougat's designer dream collection worn by Miss Universe Harnaaz Sandhu". Daily Times (Pakistan). 2022-10-15. Retrieved 2022-11-04.
- "Know All About The Woman Behind luxury fashion house Designer Dream Collection: Anjali Phougat designer of color". NewsroomPost. 2022-02-07. Retrieved 2022-11-04.
- Singh, Digvijay (May 24, 2022). "Manya Pathak calls her Cannes debut a 'Cinderella moment'". Hindustan Times. Retrieved 2022-11-04.
- Sharma, Ankur (September 17, 2022). "NYFW 2022: मिलिए 10 साल की इस क्यूट डिजाइनर से, जिसके टैलेंट को दुनिया ने किया सलाम, Exclusive" [NYFW 2022: Meet this 10-year-old cute designer, whose talent the world salutes]. Oneindia (in Hindi). Retrieved September 17, 2022.CS1 maint: Unrecognized language (link)
- Carey, Pearl; Goheen, Molly (October 17, 2022). "The 'Beautiful Garbage' Fashion Show renews excitement in sustainable fashion". The Lantern. Retrieved 2022-11-04.
- Phougat, Anjali (August 30, 2022). "Harnaaz Kaur Sandhu's Stylist Anjali Phougat: How Can We Body Shame and Hurt a 22-year-old Girl?". News18 (Interview). Interviewed by Titas Chowdhury. Retrieved 2022-11-04.
- "Fashion designer Anjali Phougat speaks about dressing up Miss Universe Harnaaz Sandhu". Mid-day. 2022-10-21. Retrieved 2022-12-09.
- "Global Short Film Awards 2021". Global Short Film Awards Cannes. 2022-03-25. Retrieved 2022-12-09.
- "Anjali Phougat's film bags prestigious award at Cannes Film Festival". Pakistan Today. 2022-10-26. Retrieved 2022-11-04.
- "Times 40 Under 40 North – 2022 Achievers: Honouring Excellence! - Times of India". The Times of India. Jul 4, 2022. Retrieved 2022-12-09.
|Wikimedia Commons has media related to [[commons:Lua error in Module:WikidataIB at line 466: attempt to index field 'wikibase' (a nil value).|Lua error in Module:WikidataIB at line 466: attempt to index field 'wikibase' (a nil value).]].|
This article "Anjali Phougat" is from Wikipedia. The list of its authors can be seen in its historical and/or the page Edithistory:Anjali Phougat. Articles copied from Draft Namespace on Wikipedia could be seen on the Draft Namespace of Wikipedia and not main one.