Did you know a wiki could be used internally in your company ? For better knowledge management and internal communication. Less email and office files. 30 days free trial. (Ad)
Arno Elias (Born 1977) is a French-American music composer, photographer, painter, and a social activist. Globally known for his compositions in the album Buddha Bar Nature.
|Edit this InfoBox|
|Known for||Painting, photography, music|
Early life and education
Elias was born in Paris, France. His father was also a musician. He began his career at the age of 8 years and became the lead guitarist for a rock band REX at 17 years of age. The majority of his work has been influenced by the American pop art movement and lyrical abstraction movement.
As a musician, Elias has produced various samples and singles. He is famously known for his album called Buddha Bar Nature.
Arno has studied contemporary artists of the 60s and 70s and has also worked alongside Mario Testino and Jean Paul Gaultier, influencing his creative direction.
Elias has produced various albums and singles. He is known for his album titled ‘Buddha Bar Nature’.
He produced and composed some of the classical hits in Buddha Bar Music, such as El Corazon and Amor Amor. His first Buddha Music DVD launched in 2006. The album remained at the top of the billboard for 8 months. The Album also sold more than one million copies worldwide.
At the age of 22, he signed his first contract as a professional musician with Universal Music for his first solo album “le monde inconnu.” At 26 years of age, he signed a contract with BMG for his new album “Alchemie”.
He was also chosen to compose special music for the “Brigette Bardot Foundation” by Brigette Bardot.
Arno has worked with UNICEF and composed music for their worldwide campaign, in collaboration with Latin recording artist, Shakira.
As a painter, Elias had his first painting exhibition in 2007.
His art has been exhibited in different parts of the world, including Switzerland, France, United Kingdom, Singapore, Dubai and the United States.
Elias has traveled across Asia and Africa and created the “Lost series” a mixed-media technique of the images he captured during his solo world photographic tour.
He has also been commissioned to produce two pieces of artwork for the St. Regis Hotel in New York City. One of which is a photographic portrait of John Jacob Astor IV, the founder of the Hotel.
He is also the founder of ‘I'm Not a Trophy’, an organization promoting awareness for endangered animal species with celebrities such as Cara Delevingne and Suki Waterhouse as the face of the organization. His art exhibits have included artwork of large endangered species such as elephants, tigers, lions, rhinoceros, gorilla, and the iconic megafauna.
Elias art style is described as “photographs saturated with paint” and influenced by the American pop art movement
In addition, he has exhibited his work at:
International art fairs
- 2010 - SCOPE Miami
- 2010 - Keszler Gallery New York
- 2011 - ART CHICAGO Lichtfeld Gallery Basel
- 2011 - ART MKRT San Francisco Besharat Gallery
- 2011 - SCOPE Basel, Besharat Gallery
- 2012 - Art MRKT San Francisco Besharat Gallery
- 2013 - ART MIAMI ModernBook Gallery
- 2014 - L.A ART SHOW ModernBook Gallery
- 2014 - AAF London Modernbook Gallery
- 2014 - AAF New York Modernbook Gallery
- 2014 - Art MRKT San Francisco Modernbook Gallery
- 2014 - ART SOUTHAMPTON Markowicz Fine Art
- 2014 - POP AUSTIN International art show
- 2014 - ART SILICON VALLEY/ SAN FRANCISCO ModernBook Gallery
- 2014 - ART TORONTO international ModernBook Gallery
- 2014 - ART MIAMI ModernBook Gallery
- 2015 - ARTMRKT San Francisco Themes and Projects Gallery
- 2015 - ART Miami/New-York Themes and Projects Gallery
- 2015 - Context Art Miami Blankspace Gallery
- 2016 - ART-NEW YORK Pier 94 BlankSpace Gallery
- 2016 - Context Art-Miami Blankspace gallery
- 2017 - ART ON PAPER Fair New York Sponder Gallery
- 2017 - ART BOCA RATON Sponder Gallery
- 2017 - ART NEW-YORK Pier 94 Blankspace Gallery
- 2017 - ART MIAMI Context Blankspace Gallery
- 2018 - L.A. ART SHOW Los Angeles Denis Bloch Gallery
- 2018 - ART Palm Springs CA Denis Bloch Gallery
- 2018 - PHOTO MONACO fair Space SBH Gallery
- 2018 - ART MIAMI Blankspace Gallery
- 2019 - ART PALM BEACH Contemporary Markowicz Fine Art
- 2019 - ART WYNWOOD Markowicz Fine Art
- 2019 - ART NEW YORK Fair Markowicz Fine Art
- 2019 - ART SEATTLE Fair Blankspace Gallery
- 2019 - FOTOFEVER Paris Bel Air Fine art
- 2019 - Context Miami Blankspace Gallery
- 2020 - Palm Beach Contemporary Modern fair Markowicz Fine Art
- 2009 - Protee Galerie Paris
- 2011 - Kezsler Gallery New York / Southampton
- 2012 - Pop international galleries New York
- 2013 - Markowicz Fine Art Miami
- 2014 - Opera Gallery Dubai
- 2015 - SBH Space Gallery Saint Barthelemy
- 2015 - 212 Gallery Aspen
- 2016 - Bartoux Gallery Singapore / London
- 2018 - Denis Bloch Gallery Beverly Hills
- 2019 - La Hune Gallery Paris
Elias and his work have been featured by The New York Times, PBS, USA Today, Vogue, and other notable newspapers and magazines. He has also appeared in a PBS documentary, showcasing his paintings, his life, and future plans, in a photographic journey.
- 1999 - Le Monde Inconnu
- 2001 - Alchimie
- 2005 - Buddha-Bar Nature