|Alma mater||Purdue University|
|Genre||Thriller, Action-Adventure, Mystery|
Avanti Centrae is an American novelist. She is the author of the VanOps (Vanguard Operations) thriller book series. She began her writing career at the age of 50, and has won multiple international book awards.
Centrae was born as Kathy Baker in Paulding, Ohio in March 1964.
She graduated Valedictorian of Fremont High School in 1982 and earned a Computer Technology degree from Purdue University in 1986. Shortly after college, she moved to California, where she had a short stint as a journalist at a Sacramento, California weekly newspaper.
While in her 20's, she legally changed her name from Kathy Baker to Avanti Centrae.
She worked as an IT executive before quitting, at the age of 53, to pursue her dream of being an author.
Centrae has practiced kundalini yoga for more than 25 years, has studied Aikido, and is a member of the Author's Guild, Sister's in Crime, and the International Thriller Writers. She resides in Northern California, where she is currently working on the third book of the VanOps series.
Centrae has been recognized for her method of building story plots through detailed outlines, admitting that it took her about five years to complete her first novel after revising her outline so many times. She has compared her method of building and plotting a story to solving puzzles and remodeling homes.
VanOps: The Lost Power
- Paranormal Book Awards Grand Prize for Supernatural Fiction at the 2017 Chanticleer International Book Awards.
- Honorable Mention - 2018 Hollywood Book Awards.
- Bronze Medal - 2019 Wishing Shelf Book Awards.
VanOps: Solstice Shadows
- Grand Prize - 2019 Global Thriller Book Award - Chanticleer International Book Awards.
- Bronze Medal - 2020 Readers' Favorite Awards for Fiction Adventure.
- VanOps: The Lost Power - Black Opal Books (2019) - ISBN 9781644371596 Search this book on .
- VanOps: Solstice Shadows - Thunder Creek Press (2020) - ISBN 9781734966251 Search this book on .
- Kiss of the Cobra - unreleased
- Columnist, Dan Barnett | Book (2020-01-09). "'VanOps: The Lost Power' a page-turning thriller | Biblio File". Chico Enterprise-Record. Retrieved 2020-04-01.
- grant (2019-11-11). "Interview with Avanti Centrae, Author of VanOps: The Lost Power". NewInBooks. Retrieved 2020-05-18.
- firstname.lastname@example.org, Ashlee Hoos. "Award winning author has Fremont roots". KPCNews. Retrieved 2020-11-18.
- Authority Magazine (2020-01-08). "Author Avanti Centrae: "I want my readers to learn to develop emotional intelligence; to overcome…". Medium. Retrieved 2020-04-01. Unknown parameter
- Durkin, Tom. "The thrill is on: Local author Avanti Centrae writes suspense thrillers". www.theunion.com. Retrieved 2020-10-08.
- Wiegman, Nancy (January 15, 2020). "Nancy's Book Shelf". NPR.org. Retrieved April 1, 2020. Unknown parameter
- "Member Spotlight: Avanti Centrae". The Authors Guild. 2020-08-18. Retrieved 2020-10-09.
- "Avanti Centre - Sisters in Crime". www.sistersincrime.org. Retrieved 2020-04-03.
- "Avanti Centrae asks How Far Would You Go to See the Future?". Blackbird Writers. 2021-03-29. Retrieved 2021-05-31.
- "A Few Words With: Avanti Centrae". Rich Ehisen. 2019-11-26. Retrieved 2020-04-03.
- Naylor Hast, Millie. "Up Close: Avanti Centrae". THE BIG THRILL. Retrieved 2020-04-03. Unknown parameter
- Chanticleer (2018-05-02). "Grand Prize Winners and First Place Winners for the Chanticleer International Book Awards 2017". Chanticleer Book Reviews. Retrieved 2020-04-01.
- "Winners 2019 | The Wishing Shelf Book Awards". www.thewsa.co.uk. Retrieved 2020-04-01. Unknown parameter
- Chanticleer (2020-09-23). "GLOBAL Book Awards for High Stakes Thrillers – 2019 CIBAs". Chanticleer Book Reviews. Retrieved 2020-10-08.
- "2020 Book Award Contest Winners". Readers' Favorite. Retrieved 2020-10-08.
This article "Avanti Centrae" is from Wikipedia. The list of its authors can be seen in its historical and/or the page Edithistory:Avanti Centrae. Articles copied from Draft Namespace on Wikipedia could be seen on the Draft Namespace of Wikipedia and not main one.