|Born||March 29, 1964|
|Alma mater||Purdue University, West Lafayette, Indiana (1986)|
|Genre||Action-adventure, thriller, mystery|
|Notable awards||Chanticleer Genre Grand Prize|
Hollywood Book Festival Honorable Mention
Avanti Centrae is an international award-winning author who blends intrigue, history, science, and mystery into nonstop action thrillers. She is the author of the international award-winning VanOps thriller series. Her debut, VanOps: The Lost Power (November 9th, 2019) became an instant Barnes and Noble Nook bestseller. She took home a genre grand prize blue ribbon at the Chanticleer International Book Awards, and an honorable mention at the Hollywood Book Festival. She enjoys combining elements of action-adventure, thriller, and mystery, and history into her novels. An avid world-traveler, she's studied aikido, been a river raft guide, and thrives on adventure.
Centrae was born in Ohio. Her father worked for General Electric, her mother was a secretary and teacher. Her passion for writing began at the age of four when she wrote her first book. As she told Chante Griffen in LA Parenting, as a child she read the dictionary, the encyclopedia, and eventually the Bible from front to back.
She attended Fremont High School and graduated Valedictorian in 1982. She graduated from Purdue University, West Lafayette, Indiana in 1986 with a degree in computer technology. Soon afterward, she moved to Hermosa Beach, California, where she began saving money to travel the world. She explored Europe, New Zealand, Canada, and Central America. For several summers she worked as a raft guide, saving passengers from the rapids of the American River. To fund her addiction for other adventures, and fast BMW’s, she spent years as a Silicon Valley IT Executive. Before turning to writing, she worked for ALCOA, Texas Instruments, Hughes Aircraft, IBM, and Hewlett Packard. 
PeopleMaven named her an up-and-coming fiction author.
Avanti lives in the foothills of Northern California and was recently a guest on Viewpoints Radio, a nationally syndicated program, to discuss extreme wildfire risk and living with fear. 
Centrae's first novel, The Lost Power (2019), won a genre grand prize blue ribbon at the Chanticleer International Book Awards, and took home an Honorable Mention at the Hollywood Book Awards. It was published by Black Opal books on November 9, 2019.
Action-adventure and thrillers
VanOps is a fictional division of the U.S. CIA agency. The chief operatives in VanOps use their scientific and historical knowledge in conjunction with highly-trained military and martial arts skills to overcome nearly impossible odds. The team's mission is to investigate and neutralize extreme and/or obscure threats through counter-terrorism, and covert operations. After the first book, The Lost Power (2019), VanOps HQS moves into what appears to be a high-end drug and alcohol rehab center in Washington, D.C.. These thrillers are best read in chronological order, but are also entertaining as stand-alone novels.
Book 1: The Lost Power (2019)
DA VINCI CODE meets TOMB RAIDER in this international thriller.
She told Millie Hast of THE BIG THRILL that her experience in Silicon Valley influenced this story. “During that time, I learned a lot about the power of technology, for both good and evil.” 
The novel deals with the quest for superconductivity, and Electromagnetic pulse weapons.
Book 2: The Solstice Countdown (Under Submission)
A computer-app designer. An encrypted relic. Can she decipher the dangerous code before extremists trigger a high-tech apocalypse?
- The Lost Power (2019)
- The Solstice Countdown (Under Submission)
- Griffen, Chante (October 29, 2018). "Six telltale signs your kid is an author".
- Yitzi Weiner (October 7, 2019). "5 Things We Can Each Do To Make Social Media And The Internet A Kinder And More Tolerant Place, With Author Avanti Centrae".
- mybookwormlists (July 1, 2018). "Up-and-Coming Fiction Authors".
- "The Implications of A Shifting Climate". December 15, 2019.
- Chanticleer (April 21, 2018). "Grand Prize Winners and First Place Winners for the Chanticleer International Book Awards 2017".
- Hollywood Book Festival (August 25, 2018). "2018 Hollywood Book Festival Honors".
- Amazon (June 30, 2019). "VanOps: The Lost Power".&tag=everybodywikien-20
- "Editor's Description of The Lost Power". Goodreads. 2019. ISBN 9781644371596.
- Millie Naylor Hast (October 31, 2019). "Up Close: Avanti Centrae". The Big Thrill.
- Avanti Centrae at the Internet Speculative Fiction Database
- "Avanti Centrae's official website". AvantiCentrae.com.
- "VanOps series official website". vanops.net.
- "Hollywood book festival winners". hollywoodbookfestival.com.
- "Chanticleer Grand Prize Winners". www.chantireviews.com/.
This article "Avanti Centrae" is from Wikipedia. The list of its authors can be seen in its historical and/or the page Edithistory:Avanti Centrae. Articles copied from Draft Namespace on Wikipedia could be seen on the Draft Namespace of Wikipedia and not main one.