Bartosz Makowicz (born 1981 in Złotów) is a lawyer and university professor at the European University Viadrina in Frankfurt (Oder).
Early life and legal career
Bartosz Makowicz completed his school education in 2000 in the west polish city Żary, afterwards he studied law in Münster. He finished his studies - interrupted only by a study visit in Paris at the Panthéon-Assas University - in 2005 with the first state examination in law. After passing the first state examination in law, he worked at the Münster Institute for Tax Law under the direction of Hans-Michael Wolffgang. First as a research associate, then as an academic advisor. In 2008, he awarded a doctorate in law on a European law topic. After his legal clerkship at the district court of Münster, he passed his second state examination in law in 2010. In 2010 he followed the call to the chair of Polish Public Law, including Economic and European Law at the European University Viadrina in Frankfurt (Oder) and became one of the youngest professors of a German law faculty. In 2014, there he founded the interdisciplinary Viadrina Compliance Center, where projects around compliance management and integrity are successfully carried out. In 2015, Bartosz Makowicz took over the Department of Research for Security Industry and Corporate Security (FORSI), founded by Rolf Stober, and incorporated it into the Viadrina Compliance Center. Since 2015 he has been working on the global standardization for International Organizations for Standardization. He chairs the standardization committee "Compliance Management and Governance" at the German Institute for Standardization, which is responsible for the mirroring of the ISO Standards 19600 Compliance Management Systems and ISO 37001 Anti-Bribery Management Systems and heads the German delegation to the ISO meetings. Currently, the committee reflects the preparation of ISO standards for governance and whistleblowing. Makowicz is a member of the German Association of Universities, the scientific advisory board of the German Institute for Compliance (DICO) e.V. and other associations. He is Senior Research Fellow at the Southeast Asian Center for Public Policy and Good Governance at Thammasat University in Bangkok. Since 2010, Makowicz gave over 100 expert and guest lectures on various compliance topics at international conferences, congresses and at universities in Germany and abroad, including Bangkok, Berlin, Sao Paulo, Kuala Lumpur, Dubai, Porto Alegre, Moscow, Warsaw, Quebec, Madrid, Paris, London and much more.
In addition to public commercial law and constitutional law, he focuses on interdisciplinary compliance research. He is one of the founders of compliance as an interdisciplinary field of research. In his works, Makowicz pursues the value-oriented approach, placing people, their values, culture and communication at the heart of compliance management systems.
- Editor of the journal COMPLY., published by the Bundesanzeiger Verlag and Compliance Academy
- Chairman of the Compliance Committee at the German Institute for Standardization e.V.
- Compliance expert at the International Organization for Standardization (ISO)
- Senior Research Fellow at CPG Thammasat University Bangkok, Thailand
- Member of the Advisory Board of Transparency International Germany
- Member of the Scientific Advisory Board of DICO - German Institute for Compliance
- Organizer of national and international conferences and congresses: Viadrina Compliance Congress, Cologne Compliance Panel, Security Business Day, Asian Anti-Corruption and Compliance Summit, German-Polish Compliance Forum, Roundtable Compliance, SoCompliance
- Bartosz Makowicz: Global Ethics, Compliance and Integrity - Yearbook 2018. Fachmedien Recht und Wirtschaft, Frankfurt 2018, ISBN 978-3-8005-0009-3 Search this book on .
- Bartosz Makowicz, Compliance Management. Reguvis Bundesanzeiger Verlag, Cologne 2018, ISBN 978-3-8462-0945-5 Search this book on .
- Bartosz Makowicz: Globale Compliance Management Standards. 1. Auflage. C.H. Beck, Munich 2018, ISBN 978-3-406-68096-0 Search this book on ..
- Bartosz Makowicz,Untersuchungen des Europäischen Amtes für Betrugsbekämpfung in Polen. Publisher University of Münster, Münster 2008. (doctoral thesis)
- Bartosz Makowicz (Hrsg.): Praxishandbuch Compliance Management. 17. Auflage. Bundesanzeiger Verlag, Cologne 2019.
- Hans-Michael Wolffgang & Bartosz Makowicz: Übungen zum öffentlichen Recht und Europarecht. 3. Auflage. NWB Verlag, Herne 2010, ISBN 978-3-482-60491-1 Search this book on ..
- Bartosz Makowicz: Grundsätze und praktische Hinweise zur Einführung eines wertebasierten CMS. Bundesanzeiger Verlag, Cologne 2017, ISBN 978-3-8462-0945-5 Search this book on ..
This article "Bartosz Makowicz" is from Wikipedia. The list of its authors can be seen in its historical and/or the page Edithistory:Bartosz Makowicz. Articles copied from Draft Namespace on Wikipedia could be seen on the Draft Namespace of Wikipedia and not main one.