Basilisk: The Serpent King
|Basilisk: The Serpent King|
|File:Basilisk- The Serpent King poster.jpg|
|Written by||Wil McCarthy|
|Directed by||Louie Myman|
Phillip J. Roth
|Distributor||The Sci-Fi Channel|
Basilisk:The Serpent King is a 2006 film starring Jeremy London, Wendy Carter, Cleavant Derricks, Griff Furst, Sarah Skeeters, Stephen Furst, Yancy Butler, Doug Dearth and Bashar Rahal.
The movie is about an ancient Basilisk which terrorizes the town of Pueblo Springs, Colorado after it is awakened from its 2,000 year long sleep.
In 112 A.D., in what is now Libya, the Basilisk, an ancient monstrous snake reputed to be the king of serpents, attacks a Bedouin leader (Bashar Rahal) and his sons who make their way to the mountains where it lives. When it kills the leader's sons, it is turned to stone by the "Eye of Medusa", a long golden staff which contains the most beautiful diamond in both the human and the animal worlds. Once it becomes a statue, the Basilisk is then buried by a rockfall.
In present-day Libya where Dr. Harry McColl (Jeremy London), Rudy Skeeters (Griff Furst) and Sierra Martinez (Sarah Skeeters) are digging up the remains of the site where the Basilisk attack occurred, the Basilisk (in statue form) is discovered and is put in an exhibit in the Museum of Pueblo Springs. Things are then thrown to chaos when an eclipse begins, causing the Eye of Medusa to glow along with the eyes of the Basilisk. That's when the centuries-old serpent awakens and terrorizes everything it sees. However, fate might lie in the hands of Hannah Carmelina Santorini Frankman (Yancy Butler) and her husband Brock (Doug Dearth) who happen to wield the Eye of Medusa which can destroy the Basilisk.
The movie is a homage to the giant monster film, Reptilicus.
- Jeremy London .... Dr. Harry McColl
- Wendy Carter .... Rachel Donegal
- Cleavant Derricks .... Col. Douglas
- Griff Furst .... Rudy Skeeters
- Sarah Skeeters .... Sierra Martinez
- Stephen Furst .... Carlton
- Yancy Butler .... Hannah Carmelina Santorini Frankman
- Doug Dearth .... Brock Frankman
- James Graves .... Capt. Hinkley
- Atanas Srebrev .... Simms
- Bashar Rahal .... Bedouin Leader
- Djoko Rosic .... Elder Berber
- Martin Gyaurov .... Berber # 1
- Velislav Pavlov .... Berber # 2
- Ivo Simeonov .... Museum Worker
- Jonas Talkington .... National Guard Engineer
Dread Central said of the film, "the CGI Basilisk is probably the best computer generated creature I’ve ever seen in a Sci-Fi Channel original."
- Condit, Jon. "Basilisk: The Serpent King (2006)". Dread Central. Retrieved 19 June 2020.
This article "Basilisk: The Serpent King" is from Wikipedia. The list of its authors can be seen in its historical and/or the page Edithistory:Basilisk: The Serpent King. Articles copied from Draft Namespace on Wikipedia could be seen on the Draft Namespace of Wikipedia and not main one.