- Beast Farmer is an action arcade style video game developed by Industrial Brothers, an independent studio with offices in Melbourne, Australia and Toronto, Ontario, Canada.
- Beast Farmer: Swamp Chicken Edition, the first installment in the Beast Famer franchise, was released in June 2010, as a free-to-play game from the Apple App Store. As of October 2010, over 1,000,000 copies have been downloaded, and the game reached #1 spot in Free Kids Games in 64 countries, was the #2 Kids Game Worldwide and reached the top 5, 10, 20, 50, and 100 of all app categories.
- Beast Farmer II: Beasts Unleashed was launched on the Apple App Store in December 2010 with a release price of $0.99.
- Beast Farmer III: Cloud Monkey Edition is due for release in early 2011.
- Beast Farmer: Swamp Chicken Edition first introduced us to Beast Planet and the mythical beasts that inhabit it. In this first game players raise a baby Swamp Chicken through infancy to a teenager and all the way to an adult Swamp Chicken. If a player successfully completes the game the chicken goes through one final stage of growth, finally reaching fully-grown battle-bird status.
- Beast Farmer: Swamp Chicken Edition contained two components of game-play; the caring and nurturing interactive stage, which showed the Swamp Chicken in its natural environment, and the mini-game portion of the game where players earn food points to feed to their beasts in the interactive-stage.
- When a player has filled the Health and Strength bars in the interactive-stage, the beast levels-up to its next stage of growth. Mini-games must be completed in order to earn the maximum possible food point to help your chicken level-up.
- Mini games included:
- • Baby Swamp Chicken – Get Cracking and Fly Fishing
- • Teenage Swamp Chicken – Chicken Run
- • Adult Swamp Chicken – Battle Arena
- Beast Farmer II: Beasts Unleashed is a continuation of the Beast Farmer: Swamp Chicken Edition story, allowing players to battle in a finger-swiping, first-person style arcade game.
- In Beast Farmer II: Beasts Unleashed a player has the opportunity to play as the Swamp Chicken or as a series of additional Beasts, which are available for sale within the game as in-app purchases. The initial Beasts offered are the Marsh Yeti, the Bog Walker and the Devil Dog.
- Game-play in Beast Farmer II: Beasts Unleashed differs from the original Beast Farmer: Swamp Chicken Edition in that, rather than offering a number of different mini-games, there is one style of game-play that is played out across multiple environments. The narrative of the game deals with the various trials which the Beasts must enter in order to progress and prove their worth to the Beast Farmers, the ruling races that farm these mythical creatures.
- The game also features a range of customization options for each Beast as well as integration with the Openfeint platform to provide a range of achievements as well as global rankings for both players and their individual Beasts.
This article "Beast Farmer" is from Wikipedia. The list of its authors can be seen in its historical. Articles copied from Draft Namespace on Wikipedia could be seen on the Draft Namespace of Wikipedia and not main one.