|Founder 👔||Atthakrit Chimplapibul, Topp Jirayut Srupsrisopa, Atichanan Pulges, Sakolkorn Sakavee, Sugrit Phutaviriya|
|Headquarters 🏙️||Bangkok, Thailand|
Area served 🗺️
|Jirayut Srupsrisopa, Sakolkorn Sakavee|
|Products 🎛️ 🧴||Cryptocurrency exchange|
Number of employees
Bitkub was founded in Thailand in February 2018 with a valuation of 525 million baht (≈ 17 mln USD) and investment from Total Access Communication Plc, DTAC Accelerate and SEAx. The company raised a total of $1.67m in pre-Series A round.
In October 2018, Bitkub as an exchange received the permission to operate the business until further notice. As at November 2018, the exchange had over 20,000 user accounts and was providing 6 cryptocurrencies trading pairs including Bitcoin, Ethereum, Cardano, OmiseGo, Wanchain and Bitcoin Cash against Thai Baht. The company planned to launch 20 more cryptocurrencies with a total 26 cryptocurrencies to the platform.
In January 2019, the company received cryptocurrency and digital token exchange license to operate from the Thai Ministry of Finance.
Products and services
- Jirayut Srupsrisopa,"Cryptocurrencies and the job market". Bangkok Post. 14 January 2020. Retrieved 18 April 2020.
- Nuntawun Polkuamdee,"Bitkub signs MoU with Chinese OKEx". Bangkok Post. 2 August 2019. Retrieved 18 April 2020.
- Polkuamdee Nuntawun,"Bitkub prepares for variety". Bangkok Post. 10 November 2018. Retrieved 18 April 2020.
- Quynh Nguyen,"Thai cryptocurrency exchange Bitkub raises $1.67m in pre-Series A round". dealstreetasia.com. 9 September 2019. Retrieved 18 April 2020.
- Polkuamdee Nuntawun,"Digital asset trading licences issued soon, says Bitkub". Bangkok Post. 5 October 2018. Retrieved 18 April 2020.
- Asina Pornwasin,"Bitkub sets sights on DISRUPTING". nationmultimedia.com. 10 November 2018. Retrieved 18 April 2020.
- Jaclyn Teng,"Crypto exchange gets license to operate in Thailand". techinasia.com. 9 January 2019. Retrieved 18 April 2020.
- Solomon Odunayo,"Ripple Seals Partnership with Bitkub to Enhance Cross-Border XRP Transactions". heraldsheets.com. 18 January 2020. Retrieved 18 April 2020.
- "Ripple Partnering With Thailand Crypto Exchange to Boost XRP Payments Network". dailyhodl.com. 17 January 2020. Retrieved 18 April 2020.
- JP Buntinx,"Bitkub Becomes the Official Partner of Ripple in Thailand". cryptomode.com. 19 January 2020. Retrieved 18 April 2020.
- Trevor Holman,"Bitkub Baggs Funding of $1.67m in Pre-Series A Round". cryptonewsz.com. 9 September 2019. Retrieved 18 April 2020.
- Mili Semlani,"Bitkub, Bitcoin and Bangkok: Thailand's cryptocurrency exchange raises pre-series A round". e27.co. 23 September 2019. Retrieved 18 April 2020.
- Darana Chudasri And Pathom Sangwongwanich,"The other side of the coin". bangkokpost.com. 10 May 2019. Retrieved 18 April 2020.
- Bitkub on TwitterLua error in Module:WikidataCheck at line 23: attempt to index field 'wikibase' (a nil value).
- Bitkub on Instagram
- Bitkub on Facebook
- Bitkub on LinkedIn
This article "Bitkub" is from Wikipedia. The list of its authors can be seen in its historical and/or the page Edithistory:Bitkub. Articles copied from Draft Namespace on Wikipedia could be seen on the Draft Namespace of Wikipedia and not main one.