|Founded 📆||July 2013|
|Founders 👔||Sai Srinivas, Shubham Malhotra|
|Headquarters 🏙️||, |
Area served 🗺️
|Sai Srinivass, Kiran G, Shubham Malhotra|
|Products 📟||Smartphones, Operating Systems, Wireless HDMI streaming devices|
Number of employees
CREO is an Indian technology company based in Bangalore that designs, develops and sells consumer electronics and is in the business of licensing operating systems. Its hardware products include the streaming media dongle Teewe and the smartphone Mark 1 that operates on a proprietary Android based operating system called Fuel OS that updates itself every month by building features from ideas and suggestions given by its community of users.
CREO, formerly known as Mango Man Consumer Electronics, was founded by Sai Srinivas, Kiran G and Shubham Malhotra in 2013. The first product they released was Teewe, a HDMI media streaming device. In 2016, the company raised $3 million from several investors - among them Sequoia India, Beenext Ventures and angel investors Kavin Bharti Mittal and Anand Chandrasekaran - to launch on the Indian market its smartphone Mark 1 and the Android-based operating system Fuel OS in the Indian market. In 2016, the company opened 150 service centres. CREO's products are available on the e-commerce website Flipkart and the company’s official website.
The first product that the company released is the HDMI wireless media-streaming dongle Teewe which was relaunched as Teewe 2 in 2015. The dongle allows for a full HD quality streaming from the computer or phone to the television. The dedicated Teewe app for Android, iOS and Windows enables to watch YouTube; play stored videos, photos and music tracks; and universally search through all of the stored content.
In 2016 the smartphone Mark 1 was launched which comes with a proprietary Android- based operating system called Fuel OS. Its operating system is also suitable to be used by other local Indian smartphone manufacturers to live up to the standards and expectations of the users in the smartphone market. The phone comes with a 21 MP rear camera with Sony Exmor IMX 230 sensor and a Full HD 8MP front camera. In terms of performances, the phone is provided with 1.95 GHz True Octa-core processor, 32 GB storage expandable up to 128 GB and a 3GB LPDDR3 RAM.
Fuel OS, the proprietary operating system of Mark 1, includes the Retriever system app that lets its user trace a lost phone without internet access. Sense is a search engine that allows users to access the content of their phone.
In August 2017, Hike acquired CREO. CREO then began to work on a developer platform that would enable third party developers to build services on the Hike messenger platform.
- Rajmohan, Sooraj (7 May 2016). "Makers of the Mark". The Hindu. Retrieved 1 July 2016.
- Kanwar, Tushar (24 May 2016). "Review: Creo Mark 1 Smartphone Is Purely Meant for Its Software". The Quint. Retrieved 1 July 2016.
- "Startup CREO launches its first phone, the Mark 1". GSM Arena. 13 April 2016. Retrieved 1 July 2016.
- Shuh, Catherine (21 January 2016). "Indian Startup CREO Raises $3M To Build Its Own Android-based OS And Smartphones". TechCrunch. Retrieved 1 July 2016.
- Shrutika, Verma (15 June 2016). "Angel investor Anand Chandrasekaran to focus on investee companies". Live Mint. Retrieved 1 July 2016.
- "Creo Mark 1 QHD smartphone available on Flipkart at Rs 19,999". Zee News. 19 April 2016. Retrieved 1 July 2016.
- Bhawani, Chetan (19 April 2016). "Deep Dive into Fuel OS of CREO Mark 1 – Features Included". Gizmo Times. Retrieved 1 July 2016.
- Maxham, Alexander (1 June 2016). "Review: Creo Mark 1". Android Headlines. Retrieved 1 July 2016.
- "Indian messaging app Hike acquires hardware startup Creo". TechCrunch. 11 August 2017. Retrieved 26 May 2018.
- "Hike Messenger acquires tech startup Creo". 11 August 2017. The Economic Times.
This article "CREO" is from Wikipedia. The list of its authors can be seen in its historical and/or the page Edithistory:CREO. Articles copied from Draft Namespace on Wikipedia could be seen on the Draft Namespace of Wikipedia and not main one.