|File:K-Money and Casper-TNG.png|
K-Money (left) and Casper TNG (right)
|Birth name||Sharrieff Muhammad|
|Also known as||The Neighborhood Ghost|
|Born||March 4, 1996|
|Origin||Toronto, Ontario, Canada|
|Genres||Canadian hip hop|
Sharrieff Muhammad (born , March 4, 1996) better known by his stage name Casper TNG, is a Canadian rapper from Toronto, Ontario. He is the son of TBTBT member Jeromy Robinson and brother of K Money.
Casper was born in 1995 in Toronto, Canada, son of JUNO Award-winning rap act TBTBT member Jeromy Robinson. Casper TNG was introduced to writing and recording early on where he has stated he has grown up listening to all of his father's songs, the music he listened to, and the music he was into including R&B, Trap, Hip Hop, soul. He has stated that his influences include Drake, The Weeknd, Future, French Montana, Gucci Mane, amongst others.
2014–2017: Career Beginnings and Rise to Fame
Casper left high school in 2012 at the age of 17, however went to an alternative school at 18. He skipped school in February 2014 to go to the studio to record his first single "Dope Boy", a music video was released a year later via 6ixBuzz which went viral.
In December 2015, Casper TNG was wrongly imprisoned for 15 days on robbery and firearm charges, these charges that were ultimately dropped and removed from his record when someone else pleaded guilty to the charges against him. He took this opportunity to take music more seriously, to focus less on gang politics and more on how he could grow as a musical artist. He released the single "Know Me" in which the music video was released whilst he was in prison on January 2016 which amassed over 3 million views within a year of release. In the following year he was also featured on Ricky Dred's EP. Casper TNG was featured on episode 109 of S.A.R.S. radio playlist alongside Blacka Da Don, Lazy Jaw, K Money, Roy Woods amongst others. In September 2017, he was added to Hip Hop Canada's Spotify Playlist for the first time with his single "Freeze" featuring Top 5.
2018–2020: No Cosign and Detention
Casper TNG ran into legal issues in June 2018, this has put a barricade onto his music career. However, he stil made an appearance on 6ixBuzz's compilation album 6ixUpsideDown with the single "Porsche" alongside LB Spiffy. In the same year he released the singles "Have You", "Splash", "Uh Uh" and "Harmonics Made a Hit".
He released his debut extended play, titled; No Cosign on April 29, 2019 via MG4L Entertainment with features from LocoCity and RK. It is rumoured that the title of the EP came about as Drake decided not to cosign Casper TNG despite his domestic success. Casper was featured on the mixtape TorontoMusicPlug: Volume 1; which also featured Smoke Dawg and K Money released on June 30, 2019. His sophomore EP Detention was released on September 3, 2019 with features from K Money, and RK. 6ixBuzz's second release NorthernSound also saw an appearance from Casper on the song "TikTok" which was released on December 13, 2019.
In June 2018, Casper TNG and K Money were arrested for a combined total of almost one hundred charges. The pair alongside two other Project Originals gang members were involved in a crime spree, which took place May 30, 2018. The gang was involved in a police chase which eventually came to a halt. Crown prosecutor alleged this shooting was retaliation for a shooting that happened less than 24 hours prior in the area of Vanauley Walk. He was also being held on a separate September 28, 2017 firearm investigation where a loaded 44. Cal magnum revolver was found in the Kensington Market area. The police found two loaded firearms in the vehicles and the gang were placed in jail in June 1, 2018. The gang pleaded guilty in October, 2019 and Casper TNG and K Money received a 4-year remaining sentence after convincing the courts that this shooting was not gang-related.
- 2019: No Cosign
- 2019: Detention
- 2018: 6ixUpsideDown (by 6ixBuzz)
- 2019: NorthernSound (by 6ixBuzz)
- Dunn, Trevor (2018-06-11). "Casper TNG, son of TBTBT member, involved in Police chase in Toronto". CBC. Retrieved 2020-01-11. Unknown parameter
- Casper TNG Ft Fresh - Dope Boy (Official Video) [Ghost Town Vol 2], retrieved 2020-01-16
- Dope Boy - Single by Casper TNG, retrieved 2020-01-16
- Casper TNG - "Know Me" (Official Video) Prod. Cookz Productions - Dir. Rodzilla, retrieved 2020-01-16
- "Toronto's Friday aka Ricky Dred discusses his new "Hungry" video featuring T Gramz". HipHopCanada. 2017-02-09. Retrieved 2020-01-16.
- "CASPER TNG - THE NEIGHBOURHOOD GHOST : ARTIST BIO". caspertng.com. Retrieved 2020-01-15.
- "SARS Radio Ep. 109 features Blacka Da Don, SG & more". HipHopCanada. 2017-12-09. Retrieved 2020-01-16.
- Jay, Sarah (2017-09-08). "HipHopCanada on Spotify: Sarah Jay's Weekly Picks Vol. 49". HipHopCanada. Retrieved 2020-01-16.
- "Toronto's Pressa & Houdini Team Up For New Song "Up & Down"". HotNewHipHop.
- "Casper TNG on Apple Music". Apple Music. Retrieved 2020-01-16.
- No Cosign by Casper TNG, retrieved 2020-01-16
- Daniels Blog (2018-01-01). "Why Drake did not co-sign Casper TNG". Toronto Hip Hop. Retrieved 2020-01-16.
- All Your Friends Are Dead (feat. TorontoMusicPlug) by K Money, Casper TNG & Smoke Dawg, retrieved 2020-01-16
- Detention by Casper TNG, retrieved 2020-01-16
- Leah Asmelash; Artemis Moshtaghian. "Toronto rapper Bvlly, 24, killed on Christmas Eve with his last appearance on NorthernSound by 6ixBuzz". CNN.
- "Toronto Rappers Casper TNG & K Money Arrested After Insane Crime Spree". HotNewHipHop. Retrieved 2020-01-08.
- "Toronto rapper K Money, three others plead guilty after wild police chase captured on video | The Star". thestar.com.
This article "Casper TNG" is from Wikipedia. The list of its authors can be seen in its historical and/or the page Edithistory:Casper TNG. Articles copied from Draft Namespace on Wikipedia could be seen on the Draft Namespace of Wikipedia and not main one.