This article contains wording that promotes the subject in a subjective manner without imparting real information. (April 2020) (Learn how and when to remove this template message)
|Birth name||Solomon Asumadu Mensah|
|Also known as||DJ Asumadu|
|Born||13 September 1993|
|Genres||Hiplife, hip hop|
|Occupation(s)||Rapper, disc jockey, social media campaigner|
|Associated acts||Kwaw Kese, Bisa Kdei|
Solomon Asumadu Mensah (born 13 September 1993), well known as DJ Asumadu then called Young So, is a Ghanaian American base hiphop and afrobeats recording artist, blogger, promoter and disc jockey. He is well known in most African countries by his single "Tentelebuteele". 
Early life and education
Asumadu was born on 13 September 1993 in Kumasi, Ghana, and later moved to Accra to further his education. He holds an advanced diploma in shipping management. Currently, Asumadu is a lecturer at the International School of Aviation Kumasi Campus. Asumadu, who believes in creativity, encouraged his people to be creative.
He started to develop his music career at 19 years of age after supporting the performance of Abusuapanin Chikicherrkerr at a show held in Kumasi at KNUST Poolside in the latter part of 2012. He released several ground tracks which pushed him up to the ladder. He was named as the second hottest rapper on Focus Fm freestyle Friday competition organised by one Dj Quest. Asumadu was signed (as Young So) to American-based record label Gentlemenradio but due to a misunderstanding he left the label.
Disc Jockey career
DJ Asumadu started his disc jockey in 2016 after he graduated from Sketch World Professional Media Academy with presentation in disc jockey certificate He continue his career with University of Education, Winneba campus radio Mynd Fm in Kumasi as an intern which he later got the chance to host their drive time. Serving the people of Ashanti region for barely a year, he later moved to Ghana's capital Accra for career advancement where he worked with Channel's London Bar as opening DJ where he plays rnb hiphop, 90s westcoast songs. He got offered from London bar to one of the biggest night life Fizzles Platinum Lounge & Nightclub. He won the heart of the club attendance and event organizers which helped his brand to become a house hold name. He headlined a lot of shows for artiste like AJ Nelson Cabum, Amerado, Iwan (musician), Guru (Ghanaian rapper) and others. Early 2019, he got another offer at Venus Lounge Bar and Grill. Currently DJ Asumadu is a permanent resident in the United States of America which he aims to leave a bigger mark on his brand.
Entrepreneurship and endorsements
Asumadu established himself as an entrepreneur in early 2016. He owns "Asuma10 Records", an indie record label which was launched on 1 May 2016 focusing on artist branding and management as well event organizing. On 30 June 2016, he was officially revealed as the Brand Ambassador for fashion mogul U&a Kloddin.
After releasing several songs – including "Ahuofe Patri", "Carry Go", "Ask Me Why", "T3nt3l3but33l3", "Come Closer", "Baby Don't Go" – under his former name Young So, Asumadu told his loyal fans on Facebook that his identity was hidden and therefore he needed to rebrand. After making it known to his admirers he went to the Daily Graphic to announce his name change from Young So to Asumadu. A week after his rebranding, Asumadu released two songs: "Call Me District" and "Fakye Me".
Collaborations and influences
Within his career, Asumadu has collaborated with artistes such as Kofi Supreme, Keche, Chikicherrkerr and others. The dynamism rap act's music has been influenced by Ruff n Smooth and about 60 percent of Ghanaian youth. His hard work and determination compelled Komfo Anokye Senior High School to book him for an event dubbed Fun Time. Being a good citizen and music lover, he encouraged his over 24,000 Facebook fans to do a research about his city Kumasi as the city's entertainment and developmental projects were collapsing. After revealing his plans for his City, He released a cover song dubbed Search For Client. The instrumental for Search For Client was originally performed by Sarkodie (rapper) to motivate his fans who are unemployed after years schooling. The song received a massive response which also enabled the youth to decide to work even the government is not minding them. As the elders have an adage that a 'Wise man will hear and increase in learning', Asumadu went on advising his fellow Ghanaian youth not to give up which truly depict him as a future leader. Following his campaign, Asumadu collaborated on a single song dubbed Format which he featured Mr. Herry. After the successful release of format, most of his admirers of the Asuma10 Records leader requested for Lovers Rock song which Asumadu didn't turn death ears to his fans and followers. He announced it to his fans that he is going to release a Reggae-Rock genre for them titled An Angel. He also assured his ardent followers and music lovers that, An Angel which he is about to release by popular request is an instant hit song. After the public announcement of his song "An Angel", Asumadu fulfilled his promise by Releasing the song on the due date. Asumadu on Facebook showed his interest in Ghana's finest musician Okyeame Kwame. Having tagged as the youngest African youngest influencer, the musician cum disc jockey Asumadu, collaborated with one-time hit make O'tion on a song dubbed "3b3t) Woso" which he preaches the young ones on how to manage their resources.
Invest in Your education
In February 2017, Musician and Disc Jockey Asumadu announced a high school tour dubbed Invest in Your Education. The said event which will be in the Ashanti Region of Ghana is aimed at promoting healthy lifestyle among students, reasoning against the illogical, improving the quality entertainment in the institution among others. According to the Mynd Fm presenter, Kumasi is his city and he can't let his city engage in bad acts.
As the elders have an adage that "One who walks with wise always grow wise", The Asuma10 Records signee rap act assure his ardent followers by sharing inspirational and guidance quotes with them. According to Asumadu, the economy he and his people lives in is very complicated therefore there is a need for him to advise the Citizens of Ghana for Economic Growth. In a conversation with one Ghanaian Economist Roger A. Agana, The "Search For Client" composer told him that "Creativity Is The Tool For Economic Growth". Asumadu is widely known as Hip Hop recording artiste took a step ahead his Quote by releasing a Reggae-Rock track titled An Angle which he featured sensational singer Ben Brainy. A lot of music pundits comment on "An Angel" by Asumadu and which made it to iTunes for worldwide purchase.
- "My Baby" ft Ben Brainy
- "Ahuofe Patri"
- "Ask Me Why" ft Ben Brainy
- "Azonto Girl" ft Mr Herry
- "Baby Don't Go" ft Ben Brainy
- "Carry Go" ft Ben Brainy
- "Letting You Go" ft Ben Brainy
- "Come Closer" ft Chikicherrkerr & Abeka
- "Fakye Me" ft Ben Brainy
- "Call Me District"
- "Pastor Alewa"
- "An Angle"
- "Soul on Fire" ft Gallaxy
- Ebeto Woso
- "Golli Pop" 
On 12 July 2015, Rapper Young So, now rebranded as Asumadu, was involved in a road accident after a Sunday church service. As a result, he failed to make it to South Africa for a fashion show where he was billed. The rapper who seems to be single issued a statement via his Facebook page that one Ghanaian celebrity Ahuofe Patri is setting his soul on fire which compelled him to compose a song for the lady.
- "Call me Asumadu". Daniel K Kenu. Graphic. Retrieved 6 October 2019.
- "Rapper says creativity is a tool for economic growth". David Mawui. Pulse.Com.Gh. Retrieved 27 March 2016.
- "Young So parts ways with Gentlemenradio Records". David Mawuli. PulseGhana. Retrieved 14 November 2015.
- "Rapper Asumadu Grabs Diploma In Disc Jockey". modernghana.com. ModernGhana. Retrieved 6 October 2019.
- "Asuma10 Records Ghanaian indie record label officially launched". David Mawuli. Pulse.com.gh. Retrieved 30 June 2016.
- "U&A outdoors Asumadu And Fyve as brand ambassadors". News Ghana. Newsghana.com.gh. Retrieved 30 June 2016.
- "Asumadu is U&a Klodin ambassador". Daniel K Kenu. Graphic.com.gh. Retrieved 22 July 2016.
- "Young So composes music for Ahuofe Patri". NewsGHana. Ghjoy.net. Retrieved 14 November 2015.
- "Young So – Carry Go ft Ben Brainy (Prod HTM)". HitzGh.Com. Invisible. Retrieved 14 November 2015.
- "Young So performs "Ask Me Why" on Royal TV". David Mawuli. PulseGhana. Retrieved 14 November 2015.
- "New Music Young So – T3nt3l3but33l3 ft Keche & Kofi Supreme (Prod. by Jokole)". David Mawuli. PulseGhana. Retrieved 14 November 2015.
- "Young So – Come Closer (Feat Chikicherrkerr & Abeka)". BigxGh.Com. BigxGH. Archived from the original on 17 November 2015. Retrieved 14 November 2015. Unknown parameter
- "Baby Don't Go- Young So ft Brainy". ExposeGhana.Com. ExposeGhana. Retrieved 14 November 2015.
- "Young rapper says his identity was hidden". David Mawuli. PulseGhana. Retrieved 14 November 2015.
- "Call me Asumadu". Daniel Kenu. Graphic.com.gh. Retrieved 14 November 2015.
- "Asumadu drops first single under new record label". David Mawuli. PusleGhana. Retrieved 14 November 2015.
- "Asumadu – Fakye Me feat. Ben Brainy (prod. by Mr. Herry)". David Mawuli. PulseGhana. Retrieved 14 November 2015.
- "Asumadu Released Another Hit Track, An Angel". NewsGhana. NewsGhana.Com.Gh. Retrieved 24 March 2016.
- "Experience "I learnt a lot while recording with Chikicherrkerr" – Young So". PulseGhana. David Mawuli. Retrieved 14 November 2015.
- "Young So claims Ruff N Smooth are too humble". David Mawuli. PulseGhana. Retrieved 14 November 2015.
- "Asumadu shows growth on new tape call me district". 233prime.com. Bossu Kule. Retrieved 14 November 2015.
- "Asumadu to perform at Komfo Anokye Senior High School Nov. 21". David Mawuli. PulseGhana. Retrieved 21 November 2015.
- "Asumadu reveals plans for Kumasi entertainment industry". David Mawuli. PulseGhana. Retrieved 24 January 2016.
- "Search for Client (feat. Mr. Herry) – Single Asumadu". itunes.apple.com. Itunes. Retrieved 5 March 2016.
- "Asumadu – Search For Client feat. Mr Herry (Hand To Mouth Cover)". David Mawuli. Pulse.Com.Gh. Retrieved 24 January 2016.
- "Asumadu Has An Advice for the Ghanaian Youth". KuleBlog. Bossu Kule. Archived from the original on 2 February 2016. Retrieved 24 January 2016. Unknown parameter
- "Asumadu – Format feat. Mr Herry (Prod. by Mr. Herry)". David Mawuli. Pulse.Com.Gh. Retrieved 6 February 2016.
- "Format by Asumadu, Mr. Herry". deezer.com. deezer. Retrieved 5 March 2016.
- "Asumadu Rapper set to drop Reggae-Rock track "An Angel" March 14". David Mawuli. Pulse.Com.Gh. Retrieved 8 March 2016.
- "Asumadu To Drop Hit Track 'An Angel' On March 14". Rogger A Agana. News Ghana. Retrieved 8 March 2016.
- "Okyeame Kwame is the greatest rapper – Asumadu". Ghanaweb. Ghanaweb.com. Retrieved 22 June 2016.
- "Asumadu Appreciates Okyeame Kwame On "Mepe No Saa"". Administrator. Newsghana.com.gh. Retrieved 22 June 2016.
- "Asumadu drops 3b3to Woso ft. O'tion". News Ghana. Newsghana.com.gh. Retrieved 24 July 2016.
- "Asumadu sets the pace". Daniel Kenu. Graphic.com.gh. Retrieved 12 February 2017.
- "Asumadu Rapper to embark on 'Invest in Your Education' tour in Ashanti Region". Pulse Stff. Pulse.com.gh. Retrieved 12 February 2017.
- "Asumadu sets the pace in Kumasi". News Ghana. Newsghana.com.gh. Retrieved 12 February 2017.
- "Make Creativity A Hallmark of Ghana's Economic Growth". Admin. News Ghana. Retrieved 24 March 2016.
- "Creativity Is A Tool For Economic Growth – Rapper Asumadu Reveals". ModernGhana. NewsGhana.com.gh. Retrieved 24 March 2016.
- "Asumadu releases new single 'Angel'". GhanaWeb. Ghanaweb.com. Retrieved 24 March 2016.
- "An Angel (feat. Ben Brainy) – Single". itunes.apple.com. CD RUN. Retrieved 24 March 2016.
- "Young So My Baby ft Ben Brainy". KwameJoeTv. Archived from the original on 8 December 2015. Retrieved 5 December 2015. Unknown parameter
- "Asumadu Composes Romantic Song For Ahuofe Patri". News Ghana. NewsGhana.Com.Gh. Retrieved 8 May 2016.
- "Asumadu Rapper dedicates latest single to actress, Ahuofe Patricia". David Mawuli. Pulse.Com.Gh. Retrieved 17 May 2016.
- "Young So – Ask Me Why ft Bigg Bone (Prod By Mr Harry)". Ndwompa. Archived from the original on 8 December 2015. Retrieved 5 December 2015. Unknown parameter
- "Young So ft Wyndowz – Azonto Girl". SmnGh. Retrieved 5 December 2015.
- "Baby Don't Go- Young So ft Brainy". ExposeGhana. Retrieved 5 December 2015.
- "Young So – Carry Go ft Ben Brainy(Prod By HTM)". Ghxclusives. Retrieved 5 December 2015.
- "Letting You Go (feat. Gallaxy)". Amazon. Amazon. Retrieved 5 December 2015.
- "Come Closer (feat. Chikicherrkerr & Abeka) – Single Asumadu". itunes.apple.com. CD RUN. Retrieved 5 March 2016.
- "ASUMADU (@ASUMADUGH) – FAKYE ME FEAT. BEN BRAINY (PROD. BY MR. HERRY)". ThinkGhMusic. David Mawuli. Retrieved 5 December 2015.
- "Rebranded Asumadu releases fresh music for Xmas". NewsGhana. Admin (NewsGhana). Retrieved 5 December 2015.
- "Rapper Asumadu throws his weight behind Ofori Amponsah on new single". David Mawuli. PulseGhana. Retrieved 5 December 2015.
- "Pastor Alewa (feat. Mr Herry) Asumadu". www.amazon.com. Amazon. Retrieved 5 March 2016.
- "Asumadu Released Another Hit Track, An Angel". David Mawuli. PulseGhana. Retrieved 24 March 2016.
- "Asumadu features Gallaxy on latest track "Soul on Fire"". David Mawuli. Pulse.com.gh. Retrieved 31 May 2016.
- "Soul on Fire (feat. Gallaxy) – Single Asumadu". itunes.apple.com. Itunes. Retrieved 31 May 2016.
- "Asumadu – Ebeto Woso Ft. O'tion( Prod. By Otion)". julliejay.com/. Jullie Jay-Kanz. Retrieved 7 August 2016.[permanent dead link]
- "New Music: DJ Asumadu Feat. Ghana2Pac – Golli Pop (Prod By ParisBeatz)". FNNews. Persis Greenstreet. Retrieved 16 November 2018.
- "Rapper Young So involved in car accident". David Mawuli. PulseGhana. Retrieved 14 November 2015.
- "Ahuofe Patri is setting my soul on fire – Musician Asumadu". Ghanaweb. Ghanaweb.com. Retrieved 12 June 2016.
|Wikimedia Commons has media related to DJ Asumadu.|
|This Ghanaian biographical article is a stub. You can help EverybodyWiki by expanding it.|
|This sound technology article is a stub. You can help EverybodyWiki by expanding it.|
This article "DJ Asumadu" is from Wikipedia. The list of its authors can be seen in its historical and/or the page Edithistory:DJ Asumadu. Articles copied from Draft Namespace on Wikipedia could be seen on the Draft Namespace of Wikipedia and not main one.