D Roopa IPS
D Roopa is an Indian police officer belonging to the IPS cadre. She is the first woman Kannadiga IPS officer serving in Karnataka  She was ranked 43rd in the UPSC Civil Services Examination in the year 2000 and opted for the IPS. She was fifth in rank amongst IPS officers of her batch. She is the only person allotted to Karnataka cadre in her batch. She was conferred the prestigious President's Police Medal for Meritorious service on 26 January 2016.
While she was DCP,Bangalore city, she withdrew a number of police staff unauthorised to be deployed as orderlies to serve VVIPs and influential politicians including a former Chief minister and other powerful ministers, leaving minimum number for their effective security, thus allowing for optimum utilization of police force under her  While she was posted as DCP of City Armed Reserve, she withdrew a number of police vehicles used unauthorisedly deployed to serve ex chief minister of the state Sri Yediyurappa as the escort and pilot vehicles as he was not entitled being a former Chief Minister ( It appeared as the front page article in Bangalore Mirror e-paper dated February 22, 2013) 
She is the first lady Superintendent of Police to head cyber crime division in karnataka As DIG, CID(economic offences) and head of the cyber cell she has been instrumental in solving a number of challenging and high profile cyber crimes and to create awareness iamongst general public about cyber crimes and cyber laws  
As DIG of Criminal Investigation Department heading the economic offences wing, she organized a number of drug awareness programmes for students as part of social role and responsibility of police, the noted one being the one at MSRIT with noted cricketer Anil Kumble as the chief guest
She has shown keen interest in solving problems of women in distress  and in women issues and in one such effort organized a workshop on women's safety and security with none other than members of Naniah committee on crimes against women, government of Karnataka addressing the gathering She has been attending such interaction programs on women's issues the recent one being the one held for students of Bangalore University,along with the British Deputy High Commissioner Mr MCallister Another key area she has been concentrating on wherever she is posted is sexual harassment at work place and domestic violence against women and organized workshops with the triumvirate participation of the lawyers, police, and nonprofitable organisations
Where many officers shy away and employ a lawyer to argue their case in the courts, D Roopa has been an exception and argued her own case while appearing as party in person in the Honorable High Court Of Karnataka, for a matter pertaining to her posting being challenged by the previous incumbent to the post Mr T D Pawar 
She currently heads the Sakala mission Bangalore which is a project under the "Sakala guarantee of services to the citizens Act" that has won a number of awards including Prime Minister"s award for excellence in public service and delivery   She has undertaken a number of awareness programmes on All India Radio and Doordarshan Kannada for creating awareness about citizen rights with respect to getting services from various government departments which is a part of good governance.
She has always been a sharp shooter and won many prizes in shooting competitions from her student days while she was in National Cadet Corps including many prizes in Lal BahadurShastri National Academy of Administration, Mussoorie, Sardar Vallabhbhai Patel National Police Academy, Hyderabad, and shooting events held for state police force in Bangalore
She also served as Assistant Inspector General Of Police, as SP,Internal Security Division, as Principal, Police Training School, Chennapatna , as SP, anti-dacoity squad, Gulbarga, as SP Gadag district
She is married to Munish Moudgil IAS officer and has two children daughter Anagha and son Rushil. She hails from Davangere; always known to be a bright and talented girl during school and college days is now known as a tough cop
A thorough rank student in academics, she stood 23rd in class 10th in Karnataka in the state board exams; bagged second rank in PU exam for the whole of Karnataka,conducted by Preuniversity Board, was first-ranker and gold medallist in BA exams of Kuvempu university and 2nd ranker in M.Sc, Psychology in Bangalore University. She was awarded Junior research Fellowship by the University Grants Commission upon which she started research in total Quality management whish she discontinued after getting selected into IPS. She won the title "Miss Davangere" beauty pageant during her graduation days and "Miss Jnanabharati Campus" during her post graduate days in Bangalore University. She passed A,B and C certificate exams in National Cadet Corps. She represented Karnataka & Goa contingent of NCC in Republic Day Camp at New Delhi as the best cadet while she was in 9th class.
She was trained in Bharatnatyam in early years and a good singer having learnt classical Hindustani music She has inspired a couple of Kannada movies on lady police officers such as Ragini IPS and Chennamma IPS wherein the film teams incorporated her working style and lifestyle in bits and pieces.
- "Uma Bharati resigns as CM, BJP makes desperate bid to revive its political fortunes". intoday.in.
- Sagar Desai, Yadgir. ದಿಟ್ಟ ಪ್ರತಿಭಾವಂತ ಪೊಲೀಸ್ ಅಧಿಕಾರಿ ರೂಪಾ ಮೌದ್ಗೀಲ್ [Maudgil to transform bold and talented police officer]. kannada.oneindia.com (in ಕನ್ನಡ). Retrieved 7 May 2016.
- "In Yadgir district, women call shots". The New Indian Express.
- "Roopa is Yadgir SP". The Hindu.
- [dead link]
- "IPS officers transferred". The Hindu.
- "Yeddyurappa has no qualms keeping govt cars while flaying govt". Bangalore Mirror. February 22, 2013.
- "Welcome". Bangalore Mirror. February 22, 2013.[not in citation given]
- Special Correspondent. "25 IAS, 22 IPS officers transferred". The Hindu.
- Naeem Siddeeq. "15 senior IAS officers transferred; 22 IPS officers get new postings; Tulasi Maddineni is new CEO of DK ZP". Coastaldigest.com.
- "Cyber Cops Blame Facebook Red Tape for Case Delays". The New Indian Express.
- SiliconIndia. "India Must Gear Up To Cyber-Terrorism". siliconindia.
- "Trapped in the world wide web". Deccan Herald.
- "Bangalore First » Blog Archive » Campus Capsule". Bangalore First.
- "International women's day Workshop for Women's Safety and Security at Bengaluru Commissioner Office". Country and Politics.
- "Violence Against Women Can Impact Country's Economy". The New Indian Express.
- "Harassed women don't approach cops: DIG". deccanchronicle.com/.
- "T. Suneel Kumar Ips vs State Of Karnataka on 26 March, 2013". indiankanoon.org.
- "Bangalore News, Bangalore City News - Cities News -Bfirst - 27 IPS and 9 IAS Officers Transferred by Karnataka Govt - BFirst". BFirst.
- "Karnataka: It's a shake-up in police top order". deccanchronicle.com/.
- "Karnataka Guarantee Of Services to Citizens -(KGSC)". kar.nic.in.
- "B'luru sniper: Woman officer impresses in shooting contest". Bangalore Mirror.
- "The Hindu : IPS officers transferred". thehindu.com.
- "Politics of transfer hits babus". Deccan Herald.
- "Deccan Herald -IN BRIEF". deccanherald.com.
- "IPS Civil List". kar.nic.in.
- "24 police officers transferred". The Hindu.
- "Deccan Herald -Major IPS shake up". deccanherald.com.
- "(ix) a directory of its officers and employees:". diqtech.com.
- "Taking the ups and downs together". The Times of India.
- cite news|url=http://timesofindia.indiatimes.com/city/bengaluru/Taking-the-ups-and-downs-together/articleshow/7207429.cms%7Ctitle=Taking the ups and downs together|work=The Times of India|date= January 3, 2011
- "Chennamma IPS". FilmiBeat.
- "Courage under fur". Bangalore Mirror.
- "Taking the ups and downs together". The Times of India. January 3, 2011.
- "23 cops from Karnataka State awarded President's medal".
- "ದಿಟ್ಟ ಪ್ರತಿಭಾವಂತ ಪೊಲೀಸ್ ಅಧಿಕಾರಿ ರೂಪಾ ಮೌದ್ಗೀಲ್". kannada.oneindia.com (in kannada).CS1 maint: Unrecognized language (link)
This article "D Roopa IPS" is from Wikipedia. The list of its authors can be seen in its historical. Articles copied from Draft Namespace on Wikipedia could be seen on the Draft Namespace of Wikipedia and not main one.