|Daphne Oseña Paez|
1970 (age 50–51)
Metro Manila, Philippines
|🏡 Residence||Parañaque, Philippines|
|🏳️ Citizenship||Filipino Canadian|
|🏫 Education||BA, Urban Studies and Fine Art History|
|🎓 Alma mater||University of Toronto|
TV producer and host, UNICEF Special Advocate for Children
|📆 Years active||1996–present|
|Television||Urban Zone, Proudly Filipina, F|
|🏅 Awards||Carolyn Helman Lichtenberg Award, 2009 Pi Beta Phi Organization; Golden Camera Award, 2008 International Film and TV Awards; Best TV Host for a Lifestyle Program, 2002, 2003, 2004 Star Awards|
Daphne Oseña-Paez is a Filipina-Canadian TV host, producer, and author. She is known for her production and hosting of television programs Urban Zone, Proudly Filipina, and F. She is a Special Advocate for Children for UNICEF. She also has her own line of home furnishings.
Early life and career
She was a member of Pi Beta Phi sorority at the University of Toronto and graduated with a bachelor's degree in Urban Studies with a specialization in Fine Arts History. She began work in Toronto as a project officer  with the Canadian Urban Institute (CUI) in their international programs office. She has managed programs in Aguascalientes, Mexico, as well as projects in Cuba, Latvia, Lithuania, and Estonia. Her last assignment was in Guimaras, Philippines where she lived onsite for about 13 months.[not in citation given]
Oseña-Paez's broadcasting career in ABS-CBN News and Current Affairs began in 1996 as a news reporter covering the presidential beat. She became a segment anchor and segment producer in Studio 23’s Newscentral and weather anchor in ABS-CBN's newscast, The World Tonight.
While at ABS-CBN, an opportunity to produce a lifestyle show within the news and current affairs division of ABS-CBN arose, and Oseña-Paez pitched the idea for F!, a show about fashion, food, travel and lifestyle, for a female audience. She hosted alongside Angel Aquino and Cher Calvin. It was produced by ABS-CBN News and Current Affairs and aired on Studio 23. In 2000, while working at F!, Oseña-Paez also accepted an offer to host Guide to Urban Living, an info-tainment program focusing on stylish city living for the young.
In 2009 she was the recipient of the Carolyn Helman Lichtenberg Award, awarded by her sorority Pi Beta Phi. The award is given to distinguished Pi Phi alumnae for their personal or community achievements. Her interview with the first Filipina to climb Mount Everest on Proudly Filipina won the 2008 Golden Camera Award at the US International Film and TV Awards in Los Angeles, California. She was awarded Best TV Host for a Lifestyle Program at the 2002, 2003 and 2004 Star Awards (the Philippines’ version of the Emmy Awards). Her program F has been awarded Best Lifestyle Program at the 2003 and 2002 Star Awards, and won Students’ Choice Awards at the USTV Awards for three consecutive years. While she was hosting Guide to Urban Living, it won Best in Infotainment in 2000 and 2001 at the Asian TV Awards in Singapore.
Oseña-Paez has a self-named line of furniture
Advocacy and philanthropy
Oseña-Paez is the first Filipina ever appointed Special Advocate for Children by UNICEF Philippines.
In May 2011 Oseña-Paez founded Auction for Action: A UNICEF Fundraising Online Auction to benefit children's programs in the Philippines and worldwide.
- Siazon, Rachelle (October 20, 2010). "Daphne Oseña-Paez: certified style icon and amazing homemaker". abs-cbn.com. ABS-CBN. Retrieved March 28, 2011.[dead link]
- "Daphne Oseña-Paez: In Her Closet". showbizpinoy.com. 2007. Retrieved March 28, 2011.[dead link][unreliable source?]
- Tomines, Nica (October 20, 2010). "Daphne Osena-Paez lives the harmonious life she talks about as TV lifestyle host". pep.ph. Philippine Entertainment Portal. Retrieved March 28, 2011.[dead link]
- Castillo, Stephanie (March 9, 2010). "Daphne Oseña-Paez: The Celebrity Mom Turns Child Advocate". femalenetwork.com. Summit Media. Retrieved March 28, 2011.[dead link]
- "Bayan Productions". Archived from the original on August 20, 2011. Retrieved March 29, 2011.
- "Current Award Winners". www.pibetaphi.org. Pi Beta Phi. Spring 2009. Retrieved March 31, 2011.[dead link]
- Vergara, Alex (October 20, 2010). "Daphne unveils 'Daphne'-her furniture line". www.inquirer.net. Philippine Daily Inquirer. Archived from the original on October 23, 2010. Retrieved March 28, 2011.
- Matilla, Dexter R. (May 23, 2011). "Art and design come together for Unicef auction". lifestyle.inquirer.net. Philippine Daily Inquirer. Retrieved June 3, 2011.
This article "Daphne Oseña-Paez" is from Wikipedia. The list of its authors can be seen in its historical. Articles copied from Draft Namespace on Wikipedia could be seen on the Draft Namespace of Wikipedia and not main one.