Decision: Rio Investments
Decision: Rio Investments is an annual survey about the investment plans in the state of Rio de Janeiro. Held since 1995, each edition works a prospective period of three years after consultations with various investors. Knowing investment trends, decision makers in both the public and the private sectors in Brazil can anticipate business opportunities. Not only them, but also foreign investors. Hence the study always comes in the Portuguese and English versions, and sometimes in other languages, such as Italian, French, German and Mandarin.
The main documents of "Decision: Rio Investments" are:
- Executive Summary --> Brings the findings based on data about the investments announced for the state of Rio de Janeiro in the period of three years;
- Complete study --> Provides details on investments (both advertised and potential) according the regions of the state, which include: value, market potential, future business opportunities, implementation schedule and current status of the project;
- Complete map --> All planned projects (photos, descriptions and videos) are included in Google Maps software.[note 1]
The goal is to make Rio de Janeiro pass from option to business decision, hence the name of the study. Thus, if someone is considering to invest in the state, he or she could take a look at the main investments planned for the period. Taking the years from 2014 to 2016 as an example, the planned investments according to the economy sectors are:
|Oil and gas||60,7%||143|
|The processing industry||17,2%||40,5|
|TOTAL||100%||R$ 235,6 billion|
To find out which projects receive investment in each of the above sectors, from 2014 to 2016, visit the list of investments.
About the studies
Over the years the editions of "Decision: Rio Investments" have revealed the projects planned for each triennium (three years). With them, one can know the areas of the state that are about to receive or have already received (depending on the period considered) major investments.
Decision: Rio Investments 2014-2016
In the study on the 2014-2016 period, for example, it was found that companies and governments intend to invest together US$ 235.6 billion in various sectors of Rio de Janeiro's economy. Most of this amount is due to the "oil and gas (60.7% or US$ 143 billion), followed by manufacturing (17.2% or R $ 40.5 billion)." A large investment will be made in the Petrochemical Complex of Rio de Janeiro (Comperj), Petrobras, which will receive US$ 20.9 billion.
Another area will receive special attention in the period: "9.9 billion will be devoted to facilities for the Olympic Games", while the works aimed at airports, hotels and urban mobility, with the same purpose, will cost R$ 22.6 billion. Among the new projects, "the most anticipated by the companies are BR-040 and the doubling of BR-116, besides the Metropolitan Arc", totaling US$ 300 million in investments in the triennium.
Decision: Rio Investments 2012-2014
In the study on the 2012-2014 period, it was found that the infrastructure sector and the manufacturing industry, followed by Tourism, were the focus of investors. Also according to the estimate, the more bulky industrial investments would be in the shipbuilding, steel, petrochemical and automotive sectors.
At other times, it could be verified an increase in foreign investments and an internalization of investments (or decentralization). At times, adding a record inflow of more than R$ 200 billion. These investments that generate jobs, such as the naval industry's. At that time, the areas related to the mega sporting events (FIFA World Cup and Olympics) were already being considered.
For the state secretary of economic development, Julio Bueno, "these developments not only boost job creation, but the installation of an entire supply chain, and enable the qualification of local workforce".
Thus, while pointing out trends investments to disclose the amount, location and type of projects that are planned to take place, each version of the document also aims at providing business opportunities to decision makers in the public sector and private sector, as well nationally and internationally to promote the opportunities in Rio de Janeiro.
- Although the document data is distributed on the Google Maps, the way of accessing that content is via the "Decision: Rio Investments" hotsite.
- Rio de Janeiro
- Economy of Rio de Janeiro
- Economy of Rio de Janeiro state
- Sustainable development
- Economic development
- Economic growth
- Southeast Region, Brazil
- Public–private partnership
- "Decisão Rio - Investimentos 2014/2016 - Sumário Executivo (PDF – 21,1 MB)". Sistema FIRJAN (2014). Retrieved 11 April 2014.
- "Estudo prevê investimentos de R$ 235 bi no Rio até 2016". Valor Econômico (2014). Retrieved 11 April 2014.
- "FIRJAN: RJ receberá R$ 235,6 bi em investimento até 2016". O Estado de São Paulo. Retrieved 11 April 2014.
- "Estado do Rio de Janeiro deve receber investimento de R$235,6 bi até 2016, diz FIRJAN". O Globo, jornal. Retrieved 11 April 2014.
- "Estado do Rio de Janeiro deve receber investimento de R$235,6 bi até 2016, diz FIRJAN". UOL Economia (10 April 2014). Retrieved 11 April 2014.
- "RJ tem recorde de investimentos de R$ 221,5 bilhões, diz FIRJAN". G1, Portal de notícias - Quaino, Lilian (2012). Retrieved 5 December 2013.
- "Decisão Rio 2012-2014: resumo executivo" (PDF). Sistema FIRJAN. Retrieved 5 December 2013.
- "Crescem os investimentos estrangeiros no Rio". Portal PUC-Rio Digital - Serra, Mirelle (2012). Retrieved 5 December 2013.
- "Rio tem maior concentração de investimentos do mundo, diz FIRJAN". Portal IG Economia (2011). Retrieved 5 December 2013.
- "Investimentos no Rio estão mais descentralizados, aponta FIRJAN". Valor Econômico - Santos, Chico (2011). Retrieved 5 December 2013.
- "FIRJAN prevê investimento recorde de R$ 211,5 bi no Rio até 2014". O Estado de São Paulo (seção Economia & Negócios) - Torres, Sergio (2012). Retrieved 5 December 2013.
- "FIRJAN: Decisão Rio apresentará volume recorde de investimentos". TN Petróleo (2012). Retrieved 5 December 2013.
- "FIRJAN: Rio terá investimentos de R$ 15,4 bi no setor naval". Jornal do Commercio. Retrieved 5 December 2013.
- "FIRJAN prevê investimento recorde no RJ até 2014". Revista Portos e Navios (2012). Retrieved 5 December 2013.
- "FIRJAN prevê investimento recorde no RJ até 2014". Rio Negócios - Torres, Sergio (2012). Retrieved 5 December 2013.
- Decision: Rio Investments 2014-2016: official website
- Decision: Rio Investments 2014-2016: executive summary (PDF - 21,1 MB)
- Decision: Rio Investments 2014-2016: complete study (PDF - 86 MB)
- Decision: Rio Investments 2012-2014: executive summary (PDF - 0,5 MB)
- Decision: Rio Investments 2012-2014: complete study (PDF - 2,6 MB)
- Decision: Rio Investments 2011-2013: executive summary (PDF - 0,5 MB)
- Decision: Rio Investments 2011-2013: complete study (PDF - 2,4 MB)
- Decision: Rio Investments 2010-2012: complete study (PDF - 7,3 MB)
Others articles of the Topics Brazil AND Business and economics : Industry Federation of the State of Rio de Janeiro, Industrial Center of Rio de Janeiro
Others articles of the Topics Business and economics AND Sustainable development : Industrial Center of Rio de Janeiro
Others articles of the Topics Brazil AND Sustainable development : Industrial Center of Rio de Janeiro
Others articles of the Topic Brazil : Marcos Di-Bernardo, Matheus Soares, Og Pozzoli, Barbadians in Brazil, Turkish Brazilians, Bhutan–Brazil relations, Brazil
Others articles of the Topic Business and economics : Platform for Accelerating the Circular Economy, PulseChain, Busy work, R. Vasudevan (entrepreneur), Anthony Watson, Marshall Inu, Custerem
Others articles of the Topic Sustainable development : Institute for Social Ecology, Biorecro, Rohit Aggarwala, Industrial Center of Rio de Janeiro, 41pounds.org
This article "Decision: Rio Investments" is from Wikipedia. The list of its authors can be seen in its historical. Articles copied from Draft Namespace on Wikipedia could be seen on the Draft Namespace of Wikipedia and not main one.