Don't Tell Mom
Don't Tell Mom (formerly The Beekeeper's Apprentice) is a television production company founded by Jason Richman on August 15, 2011.
|The Beekeeper's Apprentice (2011–2017)|
|Privately held company|
|Founded 📆||August 15, 2011|
|Founder 👔||Jason Richman|
|Headquarters 🏙️||Los Angeles, California, United States|
Area served 🗺️
Number of employees
|Website||[Lua error in Module:WikidataIB at line 665: attempt to index field 'wikibase' (a nil value). ]|
Don't Tell Mom started life on August 15, 2011 when Jason Richman, who was creator and executive producer of the cancelled ABC series Detroit 1-8-7, started its own company The Beekeeper's Apprentice and signed a blind script deal with ABC Studios. The first projects planned were Two Roads, a series that was planned to be produced in collaboration with fellow Detroit 1-8-7 executive producer David Zabel.
Richman also developed a proposed pilot, Wicked Good, which was planned to be produced in collaboration with Mandeville Films, which is also producing Detroit 1-8-7.
In 2013, Richman is developing an adaptation of the BBC series, The Syndicate, which is entitled Lucky 7. ABC is picking up the pilot to series, making it the company's first production ever created. The series was cancelled after a few episodes aired.
In 2017, Richman signed a new deal with ABC Studios, to create more series for television. As a result, the company was renamed to Don't Tell Mom.
In 2019, Richman was developing a series adaptation of the Stumptown comic book series for ABC. The series was placed an order in May 2019.
|2013||Lucky 7||Jason Richman
based on The Syndicate by:
|ABC||co-production with Remainder Men, Rollem Productions, Amblin Television and ABC Studios|
based on Stumptown by:
|co-production with The District and ABC Studios|
- Wallenstein, Andrew (August 15, 2011). "Berman, Tolan team for ABC drama". Variety. Retrieved May 4, 2020.
- Andreeva, Nellie (August 30, 2011). "TV Script Sales: CBS Buys 2 Comedies, ABC Goes For Witch Drama". Deadline. Retrieved May 4, 2020.
- Andreeva, Nellie (May 11, 2013). "UPDATE: ABC Picks Up 'Once Upon A Time' Spinoff, 'Mixology', 'The Returned', 'Killer Women', 'Lucky 7', 'Betrayal', 'Trophy Wife', Cullen Bros, 'Influence', 'The Goldbergs', 'Super Fun Night', 'S.H.I.E.L.D.' To Series". Deadline. Retrieved May 4, 2020.
- Andreeva, Nellie (October 4, 2013). "ABC's 'Lucky 7' Cancelled After 2 Episodes". Deadline. Retrieved May 4, 2020.
- Petski, Denise (June 26, 2017). "Jason Richman Inks New Overall Deal With ABC Studios". Deadline. Retrieved May 4, 2020.
- Andreeva, Nellie (May 8, 2019). "Cobie Smulders P.I. Drama Based On 'Stumptown' Graphic Novels Gets ABC Series Order". Deadline. Retrieved May 4, 2020.
This article "Don't Tell Mom" is from Wikipedia. The list of its authors can be seen in its historical and/or the page Edithistory:Don't Tell Mom. Articles copied from Draft Namespace on Wikipedia could be seen on the Draft Namespace of Wikipedia and not main one.