|Founded 📆||1st July,2016|
Area served 🗺️
Number of employees
|Parent||Class 21A Technologies Private Limited|
Doubtnut is an Indian interactive online tutoring app which was started by Tanushree Nagori and husband Aditya Shankar, in 2016. In 2009, the couple had started giving offline tutoring to grade 9 to 12 students, where they taught mathematics and science. Doubtnut is available as an Android application or by accessing its official website
The platform uses image recognition technologies to provide solutions of some mathematical and science questions. To find the solution to a question, one has to upload an image depicting the question. The app extracts text from the image and tries to match it in its database of questions which are pre-answered, having recorded video solutions. If it finds a match, then the result is provided to the user otherwise it asks the user to post their question publicly for tutors available on the platform to provide a video explaining their query.
Doubtnut received its first funding of US$100K from Ankit Nagori of Cure.fit in April, 2017.
In 2019, Omidyar Network and WaterBridge invested about $470,000. In January 2020, the company raised $15 million in Series A round of funding from Tencent Holdings, and existing investors Sequoia Capital and Omidyar Network India.
- "Doubtnut: Doing more than maths". Forbes India. Retrieved 2 March 2019.
- Kumar, Ravi Prakash (1 April 2018). "Doubtnut gives students free video solution to their maths problems". Retrieved 2 March 2019 – via Business Standard.
- "WaterBridge, Omidyar invest in ed-tech startup Doubtnut". VCCircle. 13 March 2018. Retrieved 2 March 2019.
- "Byju's backer Tencent leads Series A funding in ed-tech startup DoubtNut". VCCircle. 2020-01-31. Retrieved 2020-02-03.
- "Two-year-old Indian edtech startup Doubtnut raises $15M". TechCrunch. Retrieved 2020-02-03.
This article "Doubtnut" is from Wikipedia. The list of its authors can be seen in its historical and/or the page Edithistory:Doubtnut. Articles copied from Draft Namespace on Wikipedia could be seen on the Draft Namespace of Wikipedia and not main one.