|📅 Released||9 November 2013|
|🎙️ Recorded||November 2012–June 2013|
|Studio||Lake House Recording Studios, First Class Recording, The Headroom|
|🤑 Producer||Erik Kase Romero|
EP1 is the debut studio EP from the American rock group dollys.
The six-track EP was self-released by dollys, on 9 November 2013. It was recorded between November 2012 and June 2013 at Lake House in Asbury Park, New Jersey, First Class Recording in Jackson, New Jersey, and The Headroom in Philadelphia, Pennsylvania. Engineering and production are by Erik Kase Romero, with additional engineering by Tim Pannella, and mastering by Tom Ruff at Asbury Media. Romero says of the home recording process, "it allowed us to have a very cosmopolitan palette of sounds and textures on the record [and] gave us the luxury of experimenting with different gear and taking our time to get the sounds we wanted." The album is compared to the music of That Dog.
The record release party was held at the Court Tavern in New Brunswick, New Jersey, on 9 November, with support from Black Wine, Deal Casino and Long Beard.
A review from Under the Radar says EP1 is "top tier indie pop," adding that the "the intricate interplay between vocalists, playing off each other and teasing blissful melodies from the ether, is something of a much more seasoned group." Speak Into My Good Eye editor Chris Rotolo describes the song "Swim" as "a collage of instrumental swells, including a familiar series of rounded fret-play that recalls a Green Paper staple titled "The Waltz," and spans the soundscape from elaborate to minimalist."
- Erik Kase Romero – bass and vocals
- Jeff Lane – guitar, keys and vocals
- Michael Mendonez – guitar
- Natalie Newbold – drums and vocals
- Rotolo, Chris (6 November 2013), "SIMGE Premiere: Dollys – "Swim"...Releasing New EP Saturday At The Court Tavern", Speak Into My Good Eye, retrieved 9 March 2019
- Valish, Frank (21 February 2014), "One Little Indie: dollys", Under the Radar, retrieved 9 March 2019