Sniffling Indie Kids
|Sniffling Indie Kids|
|Country of origin||United States|
|Location||New Brunswick, New Jersey|
Search Sniffling Indie Kids on Amazon.
Sniffling Indie Kids is an American record label that is from New Jersey.
Out of the Tiny Giant Collective, a tri-state area collective of musicians with mutual admiration for DIY music entrepreneurship, Frank DeFranco, Eric Goldberg and Joe Lanza founded Sniffling Indie Kids in 2014. The collective was noted for creating an environment where bands would network, share gigs and information. Sniffling Indie Kids began by booking shows and releasing cassette tapes, compact discs and records by bands they often watched or played alongside of, consisting primarily of alternative, indie and punk bands, such as Sink Tapes, dollys and YJY. In a 2015 interview with The Aquarian Weekly, DeFranco says the goal of the label was to "help increase communication [and] networking of bands from different regions of NJ to create a more unified music scene within the state." On signing bands, Sniffling Indie Kids notes "if the music stands for itself, then that's really all you need to connect with people." Their first release is Space Jamz: 5 Bands 1 Practice Space, a compilation of previously unreleased songs from the five original bands that shared the same rehearsal space, four of which, Holy City Zoo, LKFFCT, NGHTCRWLRS and All Sensory Void, became Sniffling Indie Kids artists. As of 2019, the label has made over fifty releases.
Sniffling Indie Kids started working with Mint 400 Records in 2016, joining on several albums, and founding the North Jersey Indie Rock Festival, which showcases almost two dozen bands each year from local record labels. The name Sniffling Indie Kids is from the song "Positive Jam" by the Hold Steady, from their debut album Almost Killed Me.
- Adam and the Plants
- All Sensory Void
- C.R. and the Degenerates
- Delicate Flowers
- Haunt Club
- Ice Giant
- John Cozz
- Ken De Poto
- Mutual Interest
- Professor Caveman
- Quality Living
- Rocky & the Chapter
- Rosey Bengal
- Secretary Legs
- Shred Flintstone
- Sink Tapes
- The Vaughns
- Well Wisher
- Howlett, Deaglan (4 May 2018), "Spotlight on Sniffling Indie Kids", Jersey Indie, retrieved 5 March 2019
- Makin, Bob (4 September 2016), "Makin Waves with The North Jersey Indie Rock Festival", Courier News, retrieved 4 March 2019
- Mehalick, Mike (2 August 2016), "Sniffling Indie Kids & Mint 400 Records Announce The North Jersey Indie Rock Festival", Speak Into My Good Eye, retrieved 4 March 2019
- Tauber, Dani (21 January 2015), "MEDIOxCORE: So Let's Give It Up For The New Year...", The Aquarian Weekly, retrieved 20 March 2019
- Testa, Jim (8 November 2016), "With no vowels but lots of fun, NGHTCRWLRS release new album", The Jersey Journal, retrieved 4 March 2019
- Testa, Jim (2 April 2013), "Lionel Pryor brings the new face of heavy instrumental rock to Maxwell's", The Jersey Journal, retrieved 20 March 2019