Every Blue Moon
|Every Blue Moon|
|Founder||Wale, Le’Greg O. Harrison|
|Distributor(s)||Atlantic Records (2015-present)|
|Genre||Hip-hop, rap, R&B|
|Country of origin||United States|
|Location||District of Columbia|
Every Blue Moon (or EBM), formerly The Board Administration, is a management company and record label founded in 2009 by Maybach Music Group/Atlantic Records rapper Wale and marketing executive Le’Greg O. Harrison.[not in citation given] In 2014, Wale relaunched the imprint under the new moniker "Every Blue Moon".[not in citation given][not in citation given][not in citation given] Unlike most label imprints, Every Blue Moon also has painters and visual artists signed.
History[edit | edit source]
Shortly after their launch in 2009 Every Blue Moon launched a series of monthly events entitled DC Unplugged, which showcased local talent in live venues. During this time Harrison and Wale formally founded the company and Harrison briefly helped Wale with tour bookings from 2009-2011. BOA helped market Wales 2009 album Attention Deficit and his mixtape More about Nothing, a followup to his earlier The Mixtape About Nothing.[not in citation given] After this point the company began to introduce affiliated artists such as Black Cobain and Tiara Thomas. BOA also created the production entity The Board Films, through which they showcased Wale.
Roster[edit | edit source]
Artists[edit | edit source]
- Phil Adè
Former artists[edit | edit source]
References[edit | edit source]
- "Wale Presents the Board Administration". The Washington Post. Archived from the original on March 5, 2016. Retrieved July 1, 2018.
- Moore, Marcus J. (October 11, 2010). "Wale Shrugs Off Controversy, Announces Label Imprint". Washington City Paper. Retrieved April 4, 2016.
- Dot, B. (April 2, 2014). "WALE DISCUSSES EVERY BLUE MOON". RapRadar. Retrieved July 1, 2018.
- Fleischer, Adam (April 2, 2014). "WANT ANOTHER WALE AND J. COLE COLLAB? IT'S COMING". MTV News. Viacom International Inc. Retrieved July 1, 2018.
- Baker, Soren (April 2, 2014). "Wale Details Every Blue Moon Imprint & "Album About Nothing" Material With J. Cole & DJ Premier". HipHopDX. Retrieved July 1, 2018.
- Cohen, Ian (August 18, 2010). "Wale: More About Nothing". Pitchfork. Retrieved July 1, 2018.
This article "Every Blue Moon" is from Wikipedia. The list of its authors can be seen in its historical and/or the page Edithistory:Every Blue Moon. Articles copied from Draft Namespace on Wikipedia could be seen on the Draft Namespace of Wikipedia and not main one.