|Headquarters 🏙️||, |
Area served 🗺️
|Europe, Middle East, Asia, North America, Latin America, Australasia|
|Products 🎛️ 🧴||Foreign exchange|
Number of employees
Fexco is an Ireland-based financial services and financial technology company focusing on bureau de change and payment card services. Its head office is located in Killorglin, County Kerry. As of 2019, Fexco reports it has more than 2,500 staff and of these, 1,200 are based in Ireland, with other staff spread between offices in 29 countries worldwide, including the UK, Spain, New Zealand, USA, Middle East and Asia.
Fexco was set up in 1981 by Brian McCarthy, originally to provide bureau de change services to the Irish market. McCarthy, now acting as Fexco chairman, is also chairman of the Irish Prisons Board.
Former Tánaiste Dick Spring was appointed as an executive vice-chairman of Fexco in 2002.
As of 2009, services offered by Fexco included prize bonds, dynamic currency conversion and related customer services.
In 2010, Fexco acquired 75% of Goodbody Stockbrokers for a reported bargain fee of €24 million with the management take the remaining 25% stake in the business. The Financial Times commented that the lowly price tag placed on Ireland’s oldest stockbroker and "one-time bastion of Ireland's Protestant business elite" was just another measure of the dramatic decline of the Irish economy. In 2018, Fexco turned down a deal to sell Goodbody to a Chinese consortium for €150 million.
The Currency Exchange Corporation was acquired by Fexco in 2016.
- "The money-changer". independent.ie. Independent News & Media. 5 April 2008. Retrieved 29 October 2019.
- "Fexco scooped €23m after stock exchange sale". independent.ie. Independent News & Media. 17 October 2019. Retrieved 29 October 2019.
- "About Fexco". fexco.com. Fexco. Retrieved 29 October 2019.
- O'Halloran, Barry. "The business of financial services adds up for Fexco". The Irish Times. Retrieved 2019-10-31.
- "Focus: From his scenic offices in Co Kerry Brian McCarthy controls a huge multinational business. But it's no thanks to Irish officialdom which, he says, should be sacked for incompetence". The Sunday Times. 8 August 2004. ISSN 0956-1382. Retrieved 2019-10-31 – via www.thetimes.co.uk.
- "Fortune for the Kingdom: Fexco to create 175 jobs in Kerry". siliconrepublic.com. Silicon Republic. Retrieved 30 October 2019.
- "Fexco expands into South Pacific". FINANCIAL SERVICES. independent.ie. Retrieved 22 May 2013.
- "Fexco expanding in the Gulf with two significant ventures". independent.ie. Retrieved 22 May 2013.
- "Fexco Appoints Cathal Foley as CEO of Fexco Asia (PR Newswire)". Bloomberg. 2019-09-16. Retrieved 2019-10-30.
- "A Brief History Of The Irish Prison Service". Archived from the original on May 10, 2009. Retrieved August 17, 2009. Unknown parameter
- "Fexco vice-chairman role for Dick Spring". independent.ie. Independent News & Media. 10 September 2002. Retrieved 29 October 2019.
- "Contact Centre of the Year Award". Archived from the original on May 1, 2010. Retrieved November 20, 2009. Unknown parameter
- "Goodbody may be sold as part of AIB restructure – Irish, Business". The Irish Independent. 15 January 2010. Archived from the original on 3 August 2012. Retrieved 18 October 2011. Unknown parameter
- Daly, Gavin (27 June 2010). "Fexco to pay €20 million for Goodbody Stockbrokers | The Post". sbpost.ie. Sunday Business Post. Retrieved 18 October 2011.
- "Cantillon - Inside the World of Business". The Irish Times. 7 July 2010. Retrieved 18 October 2011.
- "Announcement - 20 September 2010". goodbody.ie. Archived from the original on 23 September 2010.
- "Companies - Financial Services – Goodbody sale highlights economic decline". Financial Times. 27 September 2010. Retrieved 18 October 2011.
- "Fexco makes a bargain basement deal for Goodbody – Irish, Business". The Irish Independent. 26 September 2010. Archived from the original on 1 August 2012. Retrieved 18 October 2011. Unknown parameter
- "Second time lucky for Goodbody Stockbrokers?". The Irish Times. 2019-05-18. Retrieved 2019-10-30.
- "About Us". cecltd.com. Currency Exchange Corporation Ltd. Retrieved 29 October 2019.
In 2016, Currency Exchange Corporation was acquired by Fexco Ltd
|Wikimedia Commons has media related to FEXCO.|
|This bank and insurance-related article is a stub. You can help EverybodyWiki by expanding it.|
|This Irish company article is a stub. You can help EverybodyWiki by expanding it.|
This article "FEXCO" is from Wikipedia. The list of its authors can be seen in its historical and/or the page Edithistory:FEXCO. Articles copied from Draft Namespace on Wikipedia could be seen on the Draft Namespace of Wikipedia and not main one.