|🏡 Residence||Brooklyn, New York (NYC)|
|🏳️ Nationality||United States|
|🏫 Education||School of Jazz at The New School in New York City|
Gabrielle Garo is a young musician. She plays five instruments flute, piccolo, alto, tenor, & soprano saxophone. She went to Harlem School of the Arts, and performed with Harlem School of the Arts Jazz Band. While at Harlem School of the Arts she performed with Wé McDonald, Matthew Whitaker, Dominique Gervais in the High School Band. Garo is an alumna of the Juiliard Music Advancement Program, Middle School Jazz Academy at Jazz at Lincoln Center, Manhattan School of Music Summer Program and more.
She is an alumna of the Juilliard School Music Advancement Program and Middle School Jazz Academy at Jazz at Lincoln Center. Gabrielle is a graduate of LaGuardia High School. She is currently studying in New York City at, The New School for Jazz & Contemporary Music. At the New School for Jazz & Contemporary Music, Gabrielle performs with Richard Boukas who is the founder of the New School Brazilian Jazz Ensemble.
Gabrielle started studying music at the age of 9. She was mentored by the Afro Latin Jazz Alliance that was started in 2007 by Mario Rivera. Rivera was born in the Dominican Republic. He is considered to be a very gifted Latin Jazz musicians on the saxophone. He played 13 instruments; drums, congas, flute and piano. She has also studied classical music at Juilliard School of Music in New York City.
Gabrielle has played in the Young Afro Latin Jazz band with Arturo O'Farrill. She says that, "Harlem School of the Arts helped her to develop her talent". She has received a full scholarship at the Berklee College of Music Summer Performance Program. She has studied with Itai Kriss, Keith Underwood, Kent Jordan, Najee, Lorna Myers, Keith Loftis, Ted Nash, Jeff Lederer, and Nic Cowles. Some artists she has performed with Arturo O’Farrill, Arturo Sandoval, Ray Vega, Bobby Sanabria,Phoenix Rivera, Kermit Ruffins, Candido Camero, Jim Seeley, Papo Vazquez, Alex Diaz, D. D. Jackson, Ivan Renta, Miguel Frasconi, and James Galway, and more.
She has performed at the Apollo theater in Harlem. She has also performed at the South Florida Dominican Jazz Festival, Symphony Space for “A Night of Afro-Dominican Jazz”, the Copacabana Nightclub in NYC, and the Allen/Appel Room at Jazz at Lincoln Center.
2012 & 2013 - Performed at the Litchfield Jazz Festival
2013 - Performed live on CBS Morning Show "The Couch".
November 2016 - Featured soloist for a concert honoring Cándido Camero. Camero is one of the last contemporaries of Chano Pozo, a Cuban percussionist and composer who played a major role in the development of Latin Jazz. Performing with Bobby Sanabria's Multiverse Big Band which performs is jazz and Afro-Cuban music.
October 2017 - Gabrielle participated in a benefit performance at the Le Poisson Rouge in Greenwich Village (NYC). The performance was to raise funds for musicians in Puerto Rico in need of instruments. The event was organized by Bobby Sanabria. Gabrielle shared the stage with many well known musicians, such as Jon Faddis and Bobby Sanabria.
- A solo award from the Jazz at Lincoln Center Essentially Ellington Regional Festival.
- A.F.J Leonard Silver Award
- 2015 - Winner of International Women in Jazz Youth in Action 
- 2016 - J. Marjory Jackson Scholarship Recipient
- 2016 - Latin Grammy Cultural Foundation scholarships the Gifted Scholarship Award
- Young Academic Achiever Award
- National Junior Honor Society
- The National Honor Society for Dance Arts
- Pineda, Khrysgiana. "Banana Puddin' Jazz on Avenue C".
- "CORRECTING and REPLACING Latin GRAMMY Cultural Foundation® Announces New Scholarship Recipients, Having Awarded More Than $2.5 Million to Date".
- "The Cosmopolitan Review".
- "Bobby Sanabria Multiverse Big Band: West Side Story at 60 Reimagined - Arts Initiative Columbia University". artsinitiative.columbia.edu.
- "Richard Boukas - Viva Hermeto! 80th Birthday Concert". www.boukas.com.
- "AFRO LATIN JAZZ ORCHESTRA CELEBRATES 30 YEARS IN AMERICA – SFCToday". www.sfctoday.com.
- "MEET THE ARTISTS - Harlem School of the Arts". hsanyc.org.
- "Celebrate Black History Month With Music! - Washington Square Hotel". 18 February 2015.
- "Afro-Cuban Legend Cándido Honored with Vibrant Concert in NYC". 22 November 2016.
- "Concert raises money for musicians in Puerto Rico". 24 October 2017.
- "Meet Bobby Sanabria's MULTIVERSE Big Band". www.jazzonthetube.com.
- "Bobby Sanabria Multiverse Big Band: West Side Story at 60 Reimagined". www.jazz.org.
- [dead link]
- "International Women in Jazz". www.internationalwomeninjazz.org.
- Gabrielle Garo - Winter Wonderland LIVE CBS Morning Show
- Gabrielle Garo: "I'll be loving you" (Stevie Wonder)
- Gabrielle Garo plays, "Butterfly" by Herbie Hancock
- Harlem School for the Arts
This article "Gabrielle Garo" is from Wikipedia. The list of its authors can be seen in its historical and/or the page Edithistory:Gabrielle Garo. Articles copied from Draft Namespace on Wikipedia could be seen on the Draft Namespace of Wikipedia and not main one.