Gold star gay
The examples and perspective in this article deal primarily with the United States and do not represent a worldwide view of the subject. (August 2017) (Learn how and when to remove this template message)
Gold star gay is a term used by the LGBT community to describe a gay man who has never had a romantic or sexual relationship with a woman.
Notable self-identified gold star gay men
- Bisi Alimi – "I did date three girls...I kissed one...there was one that we were almost going to have sex and I was like, 'Oh my God, I can't stand it'...I've only dreamt of having sex with a man. I have never in my life, ever, consciously or unconsciously, been in a sexual relationship with a woman. Never"
- John Barrowman – On an episode of the ITV panel show Celebrity Juice, Barrowman described himself as a "gold star gay", specifying that he has "never had intercourse with a woman".
- Andy Cohen – In Andy Cohen's memoir "Superficial: More Adventures from the Andy Cohen Diaries", Cohen revealed that his friends Kelly Ripa and Mark Consuelos encouraged him to have sex with a woman. Following their advice, Cohen planned to lose his gold-star by arranging a threesome with a married heterosexual couple. During the threesome, Cohen "did things with a girl for the first time in thirty years", events that "shocked" him because he considers himself to be "strictly dickly". However, Cohen still refers to himself as a "gold-star" because "I did not lose my virginity", meaning that he engaged in heterosexual acts other than penile-vaginal intercourse.
- Anderson Cooper – In an interview with Andy Cohen and Kelly Ripa, Cooper was asked if he had ever had sex with a woman. Cooper claimed that he had not done anything more with a woman than a kiss.
- Cakes da Killa – "I'm a gold star gay. Gold star gay mean like I never, once I came out of the vag, I never went back. That's gold star."
- Ronnie Kroell – Describing a film sex scene he acted in, Kroell said "I'm a gold star gay—I've never had sex with a woman—and this was the closest I got."
- Andrew Rannells – "I personally have never had sex with a woman. I'm more of what you call gold-star gay. I'm purebred...I feel like I'm in the minority for a lot of gay men. Most of my friends have tried [having sex with a woman] at some point.
In popular culture
Blaine Anderson (played by Darren Criss), a fictional character from the American musical comedy-drama television series Glee, is presented as a gold star gay man. In "Diva", the thirteenth episode of the fourth season, Blaine says that he is a "perfect gold star gay" after Tina Cohen-Chang asks him if he has ever slept with a woman.
Writings about gold star homosexuality
In an essay titled "Why I Won't Fuck A Girl Again", Jezebel.com writer Zack Rosen describes his experience in college of being a non-gold star and having "a lot of pride in not being a gold-star gay". His "ultimate public act of rebellion, oddly enough, was acting straight." He was sexually active with women partly because he was "aggressively, obnoxiously anti-gay-culture" as a closeted gay man and wanted to reject everything "gay guys did", and partly because "It worked as a temporary solution in that my testicles didn't explode" because he "had fun, and it helped me learn what a blowjob was like before my penis grew back into itself from disuse."
Other articles of the topic LGBT : Handmaids to Kitty Girls, I'm In Love!, Second Foundation (Oregon), Triad (video game), Judy Garland as gay icon, Asexual Flag, RuPaul's Drag Race: The Mobile Game
Some use of "" in your query was not closed by a matching "".Some use of "" in your query was not closed by a matching "".
- Gold star lesbian
- "Are You A Gold Star Gay?". back2stonewall.com. Retrieved 2017-07-01.
- "I have never had sex with a woman – 42 year old happily married Gay, Bisi Alimi". YouTube. Retrieved 2017-07-01.
- "GINO D'ACAMPO REVEALS SAME-SEX EXPERIMENTATION, SNOGS JOHN BARROWMAN ON 'CELEBRITY JUICE'". Attitude. Retrieved 2017-07-01.
- "Andy Cohen's Quest to Lose His 'Gold Star Gay' Status Almost Ended with a Threesome". People Magazine. Retrieved 2017-07-01.
- "Andy Cohen Lost His Gold-Star Gay Status In A Threesome Two Years Ago". Newnextnow. Retrieved 2017-07-01.
- "EXCLUSIVE: Threesomes with a married WOMAN and her husband; Beverly Hills Housewives 'really dosed up on pills' and George and Amal's make-out session... Bravo's Andy Cohen dishes in explosive new memoir". The Daily Mail. Retrieved 2017-07-01.
- "EXCLUSIVE! Cakes Da Killa on Never Getting Bullied for Being Gay, Rappers Being Corny". Vladtv.com. Retrieved 2017-07-01.
- "Gay Hip-Hop Artist Cakes Da Killa Dares to Challenge the Status Quo". NBC News. Retrieved 2017-07-01.
- "HUNKY RONNIE KROELL TALKS NEW FILM, HIS PENCHANT FOR FULL FRONTAL NUDITY AND GETTING BLOODY". Out Front. Retrieved 2017-07-01.
- "Andrew Rannells Says He's a 'Purebred' Gay Man". Retrieved 2017-07-01.
- "'Glee' Recap: Meltdowns, Train Wrecks and Other 'Diva' Behavior". Billboard.com. Retrieved 2017-07-01.
- "'Glee' recap: 4×13 'Diva'". 2017-07-01.
- "Why I Won't Fuck A Girl Again". Jezebel.com. Retrieved 2017-07-28.
|Look up gold star gay in Wiktionary, the free dictionary.|
- A Gay Man's Sex With Women
- 6 Reasons We Shouldn't Say 'Gold Star Lesbian' or 'Platinum Gay'
- It's Time to Dump “Gold Star” Labels
- NSFW – Steam Room Stores: Are you a Gold Star Gay?
This article "Gold star gay" is from Wikipedia. The list of its authors can be seen in its historical and/or the page Edithistory:Gold star gay. Articles copied from Draft Namespace on Wikipedia could be seen on the Draft Namespace of Wikipedia and not main one.