Did you know a wiki could be used internally in your company ? For better knowledge management and internal communication. Less email and office files. 30 days free trial. (Ad)
Gold star gay
The examples and perspective in this article deal primarily with the United States and do not represent a worldwide view of the subject. (August 2017) (Learn how and when to remove this template message)
Gold star gay is a term used by the LGBT community to describe a gay man who has never had a romantic or sexual relationship with a woman.
Notable self-identified gold star gay men
- Bisi Alimi – "I did date three girls...I kissed one...there was one that we were almost going to have sex and I was like, 'Oh my God, I can't stand it'...I've only dreamt of having sex with a man. I have never in my life, ever, consciously or unconsciously, been in a sexual relationship with a woman. Never"
- John Barrowman – On an episode of the ITV panel show Celebrity Juice, Barrowman described himself as a "gold star gay", specifying that he has "never had intercourse with a woman".
- Andy Cohen – In Andy Cohen's memoir "Superficial: More Adventures from the Andy Cohen Diaries", Cohen revealed that his friends Kelly Ripa and Mark Consuelos encouraged him to have sex with a woman. Following their advice, Cohen planned to lose his gold-star by arranging a threesome with a married heterosexual couple. During the threesome, Cohen "did things with a girl for the first time in thirty years", events that "shocked" him because he considers himself to be "strictly dickly". However, Cohen still refers to himself as a "gold-star" because "I did not lose my virginity", meaning that he engaged in heterosexual acts other than penile-vaginal intercourse.
- Anderson Cooper – In an interview with Andy Cohen and Kelly Ripa, Cooper was asked if he had ever had sex with a woman. Cooper claimed that he had not done anything more with a woman than a kiss.
- Cakes da Killa – "I'm a gold star gay. Gold star gay mean like I never, once I came out of the vag, I never went back. That's gold star."
- Ronnie Kroell – Describing a film sex scene he acted in, Kroell said "I'm a gold star gay—I've never had sex with a woman—and this was the closest I got."
- Andrew Rannells – "I personally have never had sex with a woman. I'm more of what you call gold-star gay. I'm purebred...I feel like I'm in the minority for a lot of gay men. Most of my friends have tried [having sex with a woman] at some point.
In popular culture
Blaine Anderson (played by Darren Criss), a fictional character from the American musical comedy-drama television series Glee, is presented as a gold star gay man. In "Diva", the thirteenth episode of the fourth season, Blaine says that he is a "perfect gold star gay" after Tina Cohen-Chang asks him if he has ever slept with a woman.
Writings about gold star homosexuality
In an essay titled "Why I Won't Fuck A Girl Again", Jezebel.com writer Zack Rosen describes his experience in college of being a non-gold star and having "a lot of pride in not being a gold-star gay". His "ultimate public act of rebellion, oddly enough, was acting straight." He was sexually active with women partly because he was "aggressively, obnoxiously anti-gay-culture" as a closeted gay man and wanted to reject everything "gay guys did", and partly because "It worked as a temporary solution in that my testicles didn't explode" because he "had fun, and it helped me learn what a blowjob was like before my penis grew back into itself from disuse."
Others articles of the Topic LGBT : Truxx Police Raid, Sara Sperling, Pride High, April Carrión, Organisations that defend the Catholic Church's official teaching on homosexuality, Johan Paulik, Não Faça Isso Comigo
Some use of "" in your query was not closed by a matching "".Some use of "" in your query was not closed by a matching "".
- Gold star lesbian
- "Are You A Gold Star Gay?". back2stonewall.com. Retrieved 2017-07-01.
- "I have never had sex with a woman – 42 year old happily married Gay, Bisi Alimi". YouTube. Retrieved 2017-07-01.
- "GINO D'ACAMPO REVEALS SAME-SEX EXPERIMENTATION, SNOGS JOHN BARROWMAN ON 'CELEBRITY JUICE'". Attitude. Retrieved 2017-07-01.
- "Andy Cohen's Quest to Lose His 'Gold Star Gay' Status Almost Ended with a Threesome". People Magazine. Retrieved 2017-07-01.
- "Andy Cohen Lost His Gold-Star Gay Status In A Threesome Two Years Ago". Newnextnow. Retrieved 2017-07-01.
- "EXCLUSIVE: Threesomes with a married WOMAN and her husband; Beverly Hills Housewives 'really dosed up on pills' and George and Amal's make-out session... Bravo's Andy Cohen dishes in explosive new memoir". The Daily Mail. Retrieved 2017-07-01.
- "EXCLUSIVE! Cakes Da Killa on Never Getting Bullied for Being Gay, Rappers Being Corny". Vladtv.com. Retrieved 2017-07-01.
- "Gay Hip-Hop Artist Cakes Da Killa Dares to Challenge the Status Quo". NBC News. Retrieved 2017-07-01.
- "HUNKY RONNIE KROELL TALKS NEW FILM, HIS PENCHANT FOR FULL FRONTAL NUDITY AND GETTING BLOODY". Out Front. Retrieved 2017-07-01.
- "Andrew Rannells Says He's a 'Purebred' Gay Man". Retrieved 2017-07-01.
- "'Glee' Recap: Meltdowns, Train Wrecks and Other 'Diva' Behavior". Billboard.com. Retrieved 2017-07-01.
- "'Glee' recap: 4×13 'Diva'". 2017-07-01.
- "Why I Won't Fuck A Girl Again". Jezebel.com. Retrieved 2017-07-28.
|Look up gold star gay in Wiktionary, the free dictionary.|
- A Gay Man's Sex With Women
- 6 Reasons We Shouldn't Say 'Gold Star Lesbian' or 'Platinum Gay'
- It's Time to Dump “Gold Star” Labels
- NSFW – Steam Room Stores: Are you a Gold Star Gay?
This article "Gold star gay" is from Wikipedia. The list of its authors can be seen in its historical and/or the page Edithistory:Gold star gay. Articles copied from Draft Namespace on Wikipedia could be seen on the Draft Namespace of Wikipedia and not main one.