|Founded 📆||1 January 1992 in Hong Kong|
|Founder 👔||Chan C. K.|
|Headquarters 🏙️||3rd floor K.K Industrial Building, 5, Mok Cheong Street, To Kwa Wan, Kowloon, Hong Kong|
Area served 🗺️
|Chan C. K. |
|Products 🎛️ 🧴||apparel manufacturing(knitwear), property development , financial services, forestry , packaging and labeling|
Number of employees
|Economy of Hong Kong|
|Other Hong Kong topics|
|Hong Kong Portal|
Goldfame Group (simplified Chinese: 金铿集团; traditional Chinese: 金鏗集團); is a Chinese multinational conglomerate headquartered in To Kwa Wan, Kowloon, Hong Kong. Goldfame started as a knitwear manufacturing company and since then has ventured into property development, forestry, printing and labeling, etc. It comprises numerous affiliated companies, most of them united under the Goldfame brand. Goldfame is the top 5 largest knitwear manufacturing company in the world and the largest in Cambodia in regards to market capitalisation.
Goldfame was founded by Chan C. K. in 1992 as a knitwear manufacturer in Hong Kong. Over the next few years, the company migrated their manufacturing plant to the Guangdong Province in China. In 1996, Goldfame expanded its production to Cambodia, which now is where the company's main manufacturing base. In the late 2000s, Goldfame purchased the land for the Urban Village site. Partnered with Urban Living Solutions, the Urban Hub Development Project was launched.
In September 2010, a group of workers were dismissed from several factories in Cambodia. Three of these factories were suppliers of Inditex (which includes E Garment Factory Cambodia) as they allegedly violated Freedom of Association. As a result,Inditex signed a Memorandum of Understanding with its other biggest suppliers - Goldfame and Riverrich in order to ensure:
- The reinstatement of all the workers dismissed (164 employees).
- The payments of all due wages to the 164 workers dismissed during the strike.
- Withdrawal of all court charges presented by the employers to the mentioned workers.
Special Economic Zone
Cambodia launched its Special Economic Zones(SEZ) programme in 2005, through Sub-decree No. 148 on the Establishment and Management of the Special Economic Zone. The legislation aims to facilitate investments and enhance productivity, competitiveness, economic growth, export promotion and employment generation in the country.
The Goldfame Pakshun, Kandal Special Economic Zones of Cambodia] was approved.
- Better Factories Cambodia Compliant
- Business Social Compliance Initiative
- Worldwide Responsible Accredited Production (WRAP)
- Oeko-Tex Standard 100
- Garment Manufacturers Association in Cambodia
- "Goldfame Group Company Website".
- "Real Estate Khmer - Urban Village".
- "E Garment Factory in Cambodia".
- "Inditex Action Plan in regards to textile workers dispute" (PDF).
- "Inditex Supply Chain: Wet Processing Units List" (PDF). August 2018.
- "ASEAN Investment Report 2017-Foreign Direct Investment and Economic Zones in ASEAN" (PDF). UNCTAD and ASEAN.
- "Better Factories Cambodia Goldfame Transparency Report". Better Factories Cambodia. Retrieved 1 August 2018.
- "Goldfame WRAP certification". Worldwide Responsible Accredited Production. Retrieved 1 August 2018.
- "Oeko-Tex Standard 100 list of Certified Companies". Oeko-Tex. Retrieved 1 August 2018.
This article "Goldfame Group" is from Wikipedia. The list of its authors can be seen in its historical and/or the page Edithistory:Goldfame Group. Articles copied from Draft Namespace on Wikipedia could be seen on the Draft Namespace of Wikipedia and not main one.