Green Party of Tennessee
The Green Party of Tennessee is a state-level political party in Tennessee, and is a member of the Green Party of the United States. The party formed in 2001.
In a joint lawsuit filed on January 23, 2008 by the Libertarian, Green and Constitution Parties of Tennessee against the State of Tennessee, a 1972 state law that limited state ballot access was challenged and overturned. The law had required a petition with signatures amounting to 2.5% of the most recent gubernatorial votes be submitted to the State Board of Elections 120 days before the election in which parties wished to have their party listed on the state ballot. In the September 20, 2010 ruling, U.S. District Court Judge William Joseph Haynes struck down the petition deadline, the precise wording of the petition requirements and the volume of signatures required.
In 2012, the Green Party along with the Constitution Party of Tennessee won a court victory and gained ballot access.
Presidential nominee results
|1996||Ralph Nader (write-in)||6,427 (0.34%)|
|2000||Ralph Nader||19,781 (0.95%)|
|2004||David Cobb (write-in)||33 (<0.01%)|
|2008||Cynthia McKinney||2,499 (0.10%)|
|2012||Jill Stein||6,515 (0.26%)|
|2016||Jill Stein||15,919 (0.6%)|
- "Ten Key Values". Green Party of Tennessee. Archived from the original on 5 February 2012. Retrieved 5 February 2012. Unknown parameter
- [permanent dead link] Plaintiff Memorandum: Libertarian Party v. Goins United States District Court for the Middle District of Tennessee, Nashville Division.
- [permanent dead link] Haynes, Judge William Ruling Order: Libertarian Party v. Goins United States District Court for the Middle District of Tennessee, Nashville Division. Retrieved 2011-09-20.
- "Tennessee Ballot Access Law for New and Minor Parties Struck Down". Ballot Access News. 3 February 2012. Archived from the original on 5 February 2012. Retrieved 5 February 2012. Unknown parameter
- In 2000, Nader was on the Tennessee ballot as an independent but was the nominee of Green Party.
|This Tennessee-related article is a stub. You can help EverybodyWiki by expanding it.|
|This article about a United States political party is a stub. You can help EverybodyWiki by expanding it.|
|This article about a green political party is a stub. You can help EverybodyWiki by expanding it.|
This article "Green Party of Tennessee" is from Wikipedia. The list of its authors can be seen in its historical and/or the page Edithistory:Green Party of Tennessee. Articles copied from Draft Namespace on Wikipedia could be seen on the Draft Namespace of Wikipedia and not main one.